It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Saudi Arabia, and the WWE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Earlier this week it was revealed that a journalist and US citizen has disappeared after entering the Saudi Arabian consulate in Turkey. Turkey intelligence services have stated they have video and audio proof that this person was assassinated by the Saudi Arabian government. While politicians in the US have been vocal over this event, the Trump administration has been fairly quiet.

Earlier this year the WWE entered in to a 10 year deal with the Saudi government that could see them earn close to half a billion dollars. The first show that was part of this deal occurred in April. The next is scheduled in just a few weeks from now on November 2. The company is so invested in this show that they have managed to not only retain the services of Brock Lesnar for one more match before he starts training for his fight with Daniel Cormier, but they have also managed to get Shawn Michaels to end his retirement after eight years. Both men are rumored to be getting paid millions of dollars for their appearances. And apparently both men were requested to appear by the same Saudi Crown Prince linked to this assassination.

So far the WWE has made no statement on whether the show will go on. Stating that they are monitoring the situation at this time.

Now this puts Trump in a bit of an awkward situation. Obviously there's the fact that Trump is part of the WWE Hall of Fame. But it goes further than that. The McMahons and the Trumps are extremely close friends. So much so that Trump appointed Linda McMahon (who is still co-owner of the WWE) as the head of the Small Business Administration.

Could Trump's silence on the matter be attributed to his connection to the WWE? If sanctions are passed against Saudi Arabia, but not until after November 2, do you think it possible that Trump did so at the behest of his friend?

I think this subplot to this developing story is worth keeping an eye on considering Trump's personal connection to the parties involved. If anything it could show us what Trump values more, the US' interests or his friends' interests.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As a bit of a postscript I thought it's also worth mentioning that Trump isn't the only politician connected to this controversy. Newly elected mayor of Knoxville, Glenn Jacobs, is scheduled to perform at the event in one of the marquee matches as his Kane character.

So far local Knoxville news outlets have been trying to downplay the connection. With one station already deleting an article they had published about Jacobs' scheduled appearance.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I blame the Iron Sheik. This ordeal his that heels stench all of it.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just send the Rock. Unless paper is involved he'll fix it:

Seriously:

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
If anything it could show us what Trump values more, the US' interests or his friends' interests.

This is nothing new. Every administration has bent over backwards for this "ally". Damn what they do.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Sounds like he has a whole bunch of perfect spies, surely there are some important Saudi that likes wrestling and would love to have their favourite star come over.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

That's quite a trail of connections you made there. It sounds as fake as a WWE match.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Earlier this year the WWE entered in to a 10 year deal with the Saudi government that could see them earn close to half a billion dollars.

Just what I always wanted to see.

Female wrestlers wearing burka's!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

WWE has actually gotten a lot of backlash because they claim they're in the middle of a women's revolution but none of them are allowed to perform on the Saudi Arabia shows. To appease people they're hosting their first all-female PPV later this month.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

All I said is it's worth keeping an eye on considering Trump's close connections with the WWE. Is there anything wrong with that?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Trump already stated that the reason he is hesitating is because of economic reasons. He mentioned that Saudi Arabia has agreed to purchase a substantial amount of weapons from the US instead of other suppliers.

I was aware there were ties to the WWE, but I hadn't realized how much money that Saudi contract was worth. I also didn't know Kane was mayor of Knox County... one day I might need to drive up there and meet the boy.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The Divas don't appear in the Saudi events... which sucks, big time.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Maybe GLOW will have a spin-off group known as GLIB?

But yeah, gonna say the arms deal is a bigger consideration than Vince McMann

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm actually surprised his campaign didn't get any acknowledgement here on ATS. He's a staunch Libertarian (he has labeled himself as a Rothbardian) with a strong background in economics. So much so that he has actually taught college level courses on the subject.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And this is surprising because.....???

Linda Marie McMahon is an American professional wrestling executive and government official serving as the Administrator of the Small Business Administration in the Trump Administration.

WWE is a publicly traded company and, would have to follow the same laws relating to other similar companies?
3M, AT&T, Pepsi, and, Coca Cola all do business with the Saudis......

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I knew he was quite intelligent, just not what his major was. At least it's a safe assumption that he'll make a more reasonable politician than Jesse "The Body" Ventura!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So you are saying the entire country doesn’t deserve their dumbed down entertainment because of one alleged event? How much outrage and moral grandstanding is appropriate here? Is thee a chart somewhere? Do we stop selling the Saudis iPhones as well? I don’t understand what you expect to happen here.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I find it hilarious that they love them some WWE.

Love them some WWE and some Terrorism who knew.

Oh yeah and killing people in barbaric ways, good ol' Saudia, man maybe they should buy some more commerical time to remind me of how awesome of an "ally" they are again.

And I'll guess I'll just forget get that whole 9/11 thing I mean they like WWE so I mean alls forgiven rite?

WWMMRSD?

new topics

top topics

join