It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Democrats See That They Are Acting As Mobsters...Not Protestors.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: whargoul
a reply to: carewemust

It's cute that you guys learned a new word this week. The fact that you all are bleating it out all over the place just shows what kind of sheep you are. They said it on Fox and Friends and now all you and your friends need to push the narrative like good little actors.

You know using this key word 'Mob' is just a tactic to delegitimize opposition. You can't counter on moral grounds so you go to semantics. Good job, the Koch brothers don't care about you either, you are just useful idiots.

Well if you have eyes that actually see then you would use the actual word mob to describe the behavior of your team. What I saw in front of the Senate going on seemed mob like to me. What I saw in Portland looked like a mob to me. And on and on and on...

Your team really needs to back down from this nonsense. Words do have actual meanings whether you refuse to believe it or not.

This is the result of a lifetime of having words redefined to avoid hurting any feelings.

Lost the game? There's no losing here. Everyone's a winner! Have a trophy!
Failed the test? There's no failure here. Everyone passed!
Got proven wrong? There's no wrong here (unless you're a conservative of course, they're always wrong). No, that other person is just a racist, even if this has nothing to do with race!
Assaulted someone? There's no laws here. You're a non-violent protester!
edit on 12 10 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I don't see any death or bloodshed as a result of Democrat protests. The right to protest is protected by the Constitution.

By labeling the protesters as Mobs or thugs you legitimize your actions against them which may also be violent. Attacking those who speak out is what this nations forefathers fought against yet it's a tactic being used now. So why do you support it? Is it because it's your side using this tactic to perfection?

Textbook example of projecting. These far-left loons have been falsely labeling anyone who disagrees with them a "Nazi" to justify violence against them. So why do you support it?

The right to protest is protected by the Constitution. That doesn't give you the right to harass people, assault people, block roads, etc etc.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
New Republican video on the leftist mobs...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Being Dem or Rep is very similar to being a loyal fan of a football team for example. Over many years, they have cheered their team thru wins & losses.

Now their team and all their coaches/owners etc have gone corrupt & violent. Their team isn't what it used to be, but they still support and cheer. These people can be admired for the dedication & loyalty for their team, but the time has come to see the truth. It may be hard even embarrassingly hard to admit their team has failed them. This is where the strong will stand up and do the right thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm sure there are instances of protests organized by liberals becoming violent. 100% guaranteed. BUT, we can't use any phrase along the lines of "the Dems" to classify the people starting violence. Why? Because they are a very small percentage of the total number of democrats in the country. There are thousands, nay, millions of liberals that would never think of attacking someone just because of their political beliefs. It's dangerous to paint with such a broad brush. Many people on this site get quite upset when someone refers to the radical right as Nazis..."that's not all of us!" etc etc. But here we are, doing the exact same thing to the left. Generalizations don't do anyone any good.

If we want this to change, we need to address the problem specifically, not generally. The problem is not all democrats. The problem is a minority of democrats. The same with a few senators, Hillary, etc telling people to not be civil. That isn't every Democrat in a position of power, that's a very small minority (and in her case, a desperate woman trying to stay relevant). Address it as such. It isn't the entire party.

Furthermore, not all of these "Mob riots" are violent. Do I think that Ted Cruz should've been confronted and screamed at in the restaurant with his family? Absolutely not, that was disgusting behavior. But to call it "violent" is patently wrong. No violence occurred. He got screamed at in front of his wife. Horrible. But not violent.

My point in that is, we need to use better adjectives. Not everything is violent just because it's upsetting. Again, to get things changed, we need to be specific. "Ted Cruz yelled at in a restaurant" is nowhere near as scary-sounding as "Ted Cruz attacked by violent left wing group in front of his wife", so that's the type of title the media is pushing. Don't follow the same path the media is. The news, and media, are in a death spiral and are just trying to stay relevant (both left and right leaning media), so they're coming up with more and more ridiculous headlines. We make fun of the media all the time here on ATS, but then we do this, which is the exact same thing. Better adjectives. We're better than this. We're better than the media.

Finally, to be fair: A radical conservative associated with Vanguard America drove his car through a crowd in Charlottesville. A white supremacist shot up a church in Charleston. Do these men represent the entirety of the Republican party? No? Then the small percentage of violent Democrats don't represent the entire Democratic party.

To get anything solved, we have to be accurate and truthful, and not stoop to the level of the people pushing this agenda on both sides.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
I'm sure there are instances of protests organized by liberals becoming violent. 100% guaranteed. BUT, we can't use any phrase along the lines of "the Dems" to classify the people starting violence. Why? Because they are a very small percentage of the total number of democrats in the country. There are thousands, nay, millions of liberals that would never think of attacking someone just because of their political beliefs. It's dangerous to paint with such a broad brush. Many people on this site get quite upset when someone refers to the radical right as Nazis..."that's not all of us!" etc etc. But here we are, doing the exact same thing to the left. Generalizations don't do anyone any good.

If we want this to change, we need to address the problem specifically, not generally. The problem is not all democrats. The problem is a minority of democrats. The same with a few senators, Hillary, etc telling people to not be civil. That isn't every Democrat in a position of power, that's a very small minority (and in her case, a desperate woman trying to stay relevant). Address it as such. It isn't the entire party.

Furthermore, not all of these "Mob riots" are violent. Do I think that Ted Cruz should've been confronted and screamed at in the restaurant with his family? Absolutely not, that was disgusting behavior. But to call it "violent" is patently wrong. No violence occurred. He got screamed at in front of his wife. Horrible. But not violent.

My point in that is, we need to use better adjectives. Not everything is violent just because it's upsetting. Again, to get things changed, we need to be specific. "Ted Cruz yelled at in a restaurant" is nowhere near as scary-sounding as "Ted Cruz attacked by violent left wing group in front of his wife", so that's the type of title the media is pushing. Don't follow the same path the media is. The news, and media, are in a death spiral and are just trying to stay relevant (both left and right leaning media), so they're coming up with more and more ridiculous headlines. We make fun of the media all the time here on ATS, but then we do this, which is the exact same thing. Better adjectives. We're better than this. We're better than the media.

Finally, to be fair: A radical conservative associated with Vanguard America drove his car through a crowd in Charlottesville. A white supremacist shot up a church in Charleston. Do these men represent the entirety of the Republican party? No? Then the small percentage of violent Democrats don't represent the entire Democratic party.

To get anything solved, we have to be accurate and truthful, and not stoop to the level of the people pushing this agenda on both sides.

While I agree in principle, the left does not grant the consideration to the right. In addition, the leadership on the left and the media either outright condones this behavior or gives it a pass. As such, I think it actually is fair to say this type of behavior does in fact represent the party.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

While I agree in principle, the left does not grant the consideration to the right. In addition, the leadership on the left and the media either outright condones this behavior or gives it a pass. As such, I think it actually is fair to say this type of behavior does in fact represent the party.

I respectfully disagree. Your first sentence generalizes and says "the left", meaning every single liberal person, which just isn't true. Yes, some of the left acts like that, and says things like that. But, not the majority. I addressed the leadership in my previous post, it isn't the entire Democratic leadership, it's a few people. That's akin to saying that everyone in the Liberal Party of Canada agrees with every single thing Trudeau says. Guaranteed that isn't the case.
Generalizing won't get us anywhere.

ETA: "Knock the crap out of him, would you?" - Donald Trump
-Is that the entire Republican party inciting violence? No, it's one person. Same principle. The entire Republican party can't be blamed for what he says. Same with Democrats, it isn't the entire party.

edit on 12-10-2018 by narrator because: ETA

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I think the difference is that, while there are nuts on both sides, the nuts on the left are running the show. They're embraced and encouraged by leadership. The only example I can think of on the right is Trump telling his crowd he'd pay their legal bills if they assaulted someone. But let's be real here, Trump doesn't exactly represent mainstream conservatism. And he was universally condemned by Republican leadership for saying that, and to my knowledge hasn't said anything like that since.

Contrast that with what we have now, Maxine Waters, Corey Booker calling for people to harass Congressmembers, Hillary Clinton giving the okay to not be civil. There are no national GOP leaders going to KKK rallies. Meanwhile, you've got high-level Democrats that defend Antifa and racists like Louis Farrakhan.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
A better question would be why are American people so angry...

I don't see too many angry Trump supporters

Then why are you guys always complaining about stuff?
Like, 24/7.
Not the happiest bunch I've ever met.

"Complaining" is not the same as getting in people's face, spray-painting their home with graffiti, burning their cars/trucks...on and on.. like Democrats are behaving.

edit on 10/12/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I agree to an extent. Democratic leadership has jumped the shark. The party is slowly unraveling. The younger generations of liberals don't like a lot of what the current leaders say and do, and are looking for ways to revitalize the party and have it be more in line with their beliefs. The older democrats and current leaders have no idea how to handle that, and look like they're going crazy trying to keep themselves relevant. It's slowly becoming a farce. The fact that Hillary still truly believes that she is the best representative of the Democratic party is hilarious to me.

However, Waters clarified that she was calling for peaceful protests (backtracking if I've ever seen it), and she was condemned by several Democrats in positions of power. She's one of the ones who've jumped the shark though, she is no longer relevant to the party (in my humble opinion). Booker...yea I don't agree with him. What he said was wrong.

But, even Rand Paul stated that he believes that Booker and Holder aren't literally trying to incite violence, but there are some crazy, unstable people out there who will take it that way. The guy who was shot at on a ball field and attacked in his backyard is acknowledging that the Democrats in power aren't literally asking people to be violent, but a small percentage of crazy people will take it that way. Furthering my point...it isn't the entire party, it's a small group of them that are crazy and misunderstanding what their leaders are saying.

Hillary...yea. She needs to go away.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

Hey newbie, why no response from our replys? Unlike Libby's like you, we aren't brainwashed to follow a certain ideology because of the cr@p discussed on MSM, social media and by Liberal minded professors, who are shoving it down YOUR throats 24/7. We can think for ourselves and can clearly see the intolerance and HATE that is displayed by the Left in front of government buildings, college campuses and city streets. I have to laugh when you imply that Liberals are taking the higher moral ground. According to who? You? That's like a cult member insisting that their leader is the 'messiah'.

The use of the word 'mob' is the correct word to use when viewing 'snowflakes' like yourself, losing their collective minds, because of a decision that didn't go their way. Instead of wiping your crocodile tears at home, you decide to show the world your rage. Your NARROW minded, intolerant views, is what's causing the devisiveness in this country, but your mind is so clouded with so much BS, that you can't even see that. Instead you blame Conservatives, FOX news and the Koch brothers. Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: whargoul

Hey newbie, why no response from our replys? Unlike Libby's like you, we aren't brainwashed to follow a certain ideology because of the cr@p discussed on MSM, social media and by Liberal minded professors, who are shoving it down YOUR throats 24/7. We can think for ourselves and can clearly see the intolerance and HATE that is displayed by the Left in front of government buildings, college campuses and city streets. I have to laugh when you imply that Liberals are taking the higher moral ground. According to who? You? That's like a cult member insisting that their leader is the 'messiah'.

The use of the word 'mob' is the correct word to use when viewing 'snowflakes' like yourself, losing their collective minds, because of a decision that didn't go their way. Instead of wiping your crocodile tears at home, you decide to show the world your rage. Your NARROW minded, intolerant views, is what's causing the devisiveness in this country, but your mind is so clouded with so much BS, that you can't even see that. Instead you blame Conservatives, FOX news and the Koch brothers. Pathetic.

All I see in this is, "I'm right you're wrong". You say that you "can think for ourselves and can clearly see the intolerance and hate"...can you see it on the right as well? If not, that demonstrates that you're brainwashed as well. It's occurring on both sides. Hence my previous posts on this thread. People on both sides are guilty of it, but it isn't the entire party in either instance. The vast majority of people in both main parties are stand up citizens and good people, we can't let a few wayward people define an entire party. That goes for both liberals and conservatives.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

No...it's not the entire Democratic party. But the public displays of irrationality and violence are coming from Democrat politicians (Waters, Clinton, Holder, etc.) and their sympathetic protesting mobs.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Again, that isn't entirely true. Waters and Clinton, sure, they're crazy. And Waters was condemned for it by her fellow D politicians. Clinton is...Clinton. She needs to go away.

Holder and Booker, they weren't outright calling for violence, but a small percentage of people misconstrued what they said to mean that. Rand Paul himself, a victim of the violence "called for", publicly stated that he believes they weren't calling for violence, that people misunderstood them. They can't be blamed for people not listening to what they're saying or misunderstanding what is being said.

There are Republican politicians that have "incited violence" as well. "Knock the crap out of him, would you?" - Trump. And some of his fellow Republican politicians called him out for it. Just like Waters was. But that doesn't mean all Republicans want violence.

I guess I'm just frustrated with the state of our political system in general. Everyone needs to be held to the same standards. And right now, both parties are losing their collective minds, because they are realizing that they no longer accurately represent a significant portion of their base and they're afraid of losing power.

Long ago, being a politician stopped being about serving people and started being about collecting power. Clinton doesn't care at all about the average Democrat, she just wants to be in power. Trump...he's done some pretty good things for the country, but ultimately (I believe) he ran for president because he wanted to prove he was powerful enough to get the position. Both of those things are so screwed up, it's terrifying. Politicians in general don't have our best interests in mind, they have power and money in mind first and foremost.

We need a big change in government to get back to what it should be about. Will we get that? I doubt it, but we need something to happen because it's all going downhill fast and seems like it's not going to improve anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

They doth protest too much.

If the shoe fits......

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

“Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it.”

MLK~

Civil disobedience is to be encouraged. It is a hallmark of a free and open society.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
New Republican video on the leftist mobs...

The Left just walked into these great political ads by their own actions. It's one thing to be passionate about politics, it's a whole other thing to be physically and verbally angry towards your opponents. The Left actually hates those that oppose their ideas. Let that sink in.

Thank You Democrats!

From the bottom of my heart.

We couldn't have done this without you.

RESIST!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

“Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it.”

MLK~

Civil disobedience is to be encouraged. It is a hallmark of a free and open society.

Does civil disobedience include stalking, silencing and hunting down your opponents?

How Civil of them.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

I agree to an extent. Democratic leadership has jumped the shark. The party is slowly unraveling. The younger generations of liberals don't like a lot of what the current leaders say and do, and are looking for ways to revitalize the party and have it be more in line with their beliefs. The older democrats and current leaders have no idea how to handle that, and look like they're going crazy trying to keep themselves relevant. It's slowly becoming a farce. The fact that Hillary still truly believes that she is the best representative of the Democratic party is hilarious to me.

However, Waters clarified that she was calling for peaceful protests (backtracking if I've ever seen it), and she was condemned by several Democrats in positions of power. She's one of the ones who've jumped the shark though, she is no longer relevant to the party (in my humble opinion). Booker...yea I don't agree with him. What he said was wrong.

But, even Rand Paul stated that he believes that Booker and Holder aren't literally trying to incite violence, but there are some crazy, unstable people out there who will take it that way. The guy who was shot at on a ball field and attacked in his backyard is acknowledging that the Democrats in power aren't literally asking people to be violent, but a small percentage of crazy people will take it that way. Furthering my point...it isn't the entire party, it's a small group of them that are crazy and misunderstanding what their leaders are saying.

Hillary...yea. She needs to go away.

I don't necessarily think Booker and Holder's comments were meant to incite violence either. But Booker was definitely encouraging harassment. So was Waters. And of course then she says no I wasn't because that's what she's expected to say, but it's not like it was an off the cuff comment. She thought about that well ahead of times. That's what she really thinks, it wasn't a mistake. I think Holder clearly was speaking metaphorically.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

MLK~

Does civil disobedience include stalking, silencing and hunting down your opponents?

How Civil of them.

The best part is they think they're the more evolved, intelligent, enlightened ones. They're the same ones that think you should be put in jail for spanking your kid, but it's okay to violently attack people you disagree with politically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join