It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged after threatening to kill Feinstein

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: crtrvt

Um that's not how any of that works. But I think you know that.

Why don't you enlighten me then? Are you saying that anyone has the right to rip up a public monument? And are you saying that right trumps the public right to have it?

That would be an interesting legal theory.

TheRedneck

Of course people don't have the right to rip down a public monument.
You also don't have the right to act violently towards the people doing it under the guise of protecting it.

If someone was tearing down a statue of Obama would you crack some heads to protect it?

Sorry I know I said I was walking away

This post wasn't to me, but I'd like to answer. I prefer consistency and I would never condone tearing down a statue that means nothing to me, or one that I felt was divisive. That would be hypocritical and I don't like hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: TinySickTears

To be fair, they're talking about defending themselves. I'm one of them. I've never drawn my pistol once, other than shooting it once in a while on the back of my property. I know how to hunt, but I don't even do that because I was cursed/blessed with a big heart for animals (unless they're a threat). Now, if a solar flare or terrorist attack ever wiped out our power grid, I'd set up in my back yard and start hunting for food immediately since the fish in my pond probably wouldn't last long, because that would be the only way I could take care of my family.

With that said, I'd never choose to pull my weapon unless I knew for a 100% fact that my life was in danger, and I don't get startled easily so it wouldn't be accidental. I would assume, outside of the hunting part, the gun owners that you see on here are like I am.

The vast majority of us are like that. But gun control propaganda is pervasive. It's convinced a lot of people that we're all irresponsible wackos. There's millions of us. If we were all the way the gun control activists thought we were, there'd be a ton more gun murders and accidents.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

a reply to: crtrvt

Um that's not how any of that works. But I think you know that.

Why don't you enlighten me then? Are you saying that anyone has the right to rip up a public monument? And are you saying that right trumps the public right to have it?

That would be an interesting legal theory.

TheRedneck

Of course people don't have the right to rip down a public monument.
You also don't have the right to act violently towards the people doing it under the guise of protecting it.

If someone was tearing down a statue of Obama would you crack some heads to protect it?

Sorry I know I said I was walking away

This post wasn't to me, but I'd like to answer. I prefer consistency and I would never condone tearing down a statue that means nothing to me, or one that I felt was divisive. That would be hypocritical and I don't like hypocrites.

Thirded.
I've seen statues, plaques, etc that I didn't like. I never once thought "that needs to come down".

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Not all gun owners here are like you.

One dude in the thread about the guy that kicked the girl said he would have just pulled his gun and cocked it cause the click click sound is a deterrent.

He said he carried it empty but the magazine is close by cause if he needs it he can load and cock in x amount of times.

Does not sound like responsible ownership to me.

These are the peoe I worry about

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

A 357 does solve lots of problems. Chief among them being how to safely dispose of old 38 special ammo.

One of the responsibilities of being able to kill is to not kill. Given that there are well over 300 million privately owned guns in the US by more than 40% of the population, most take that responsibility seriously. Otherwise the population would be 100 million or less. And quite frankly, there would be considerably less than 7 billion people in the world.

Huge difference between mouthy false bravado and actual murderous rampages. But you know that. Why you chose to base your argument on something you know to be false can only be guessed as taking a propagandized position for unknown reasons. Odd, because I know you are better debater than that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not all but various degrees of irresponsible.

Like when I saw my brother at bmv. Who had just gone through academy btw. No guns allowed.
He had his.

Thats against the law. I talked about it in a thread. Many here said it is common knowledge that conceal carry people don't follow those rules.

The dude that carries empty but will pull and click.

There are many of you like this. Even though the talk is law abiding responsible ownership I see posts on here all the time that talk the opposite of that.
.deny if you want but it's a fact

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: face23785

I can see your point, but in those days, slave owners weren't "racist" towards blacks, they just saw them as inferior.

I get what you're trying to say, but my point still applies. "Racist" as its used today won't necessarily stop a racist from raping a black woman. There's tons of historical examples of this. Russia/Germany or Japan/China in WW2, Rwanda as a more modern example, no matter how much you hate, despise or look down on a group of people, you might still rape their women as a form of terror/power/control.

Rhetorical "you"^ I'm not talking about you specifically.

Fair enough... In my perspective, I could never sleep with someone I hate. But I guess that's anecdotal, lol. Well, I guess there was that one time though. There was a good looking Italian girl that hung around the same crowd I hung with in college and for some reason we couldn't stand each other but one night she didn't want to go home so being the nice guy I was, I told her she could stay at my house for the night. One thing led to another and we slept together on the couch on a cold December night in 1998 while "A Muppet Christmas Carol" played on the television. We went from hating each other to falling in love. Although race wasn't involved, hate was, at first. Weird how that worked out.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: neo96

A Lancaster man has been arrested after authorities say he sent an email threatening to kill U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif).

Prosecutors said Thursday that Shaver, who has a 1991 grand theft conviction, attempted a criminal threat and accused him of being a felon in illegal possession of a revolver.

I'm having a hard time believing it.

Not to say the Right don't have it's share of people like this.

Authorities say.

Accusation of being a felon in illegal possession of a revolver.

This ain't the 80s anymore.

Technically inclined to use email and yet a revolver.

I am leaning toward a manufactured villain.

I own a revolver. Lots of people own revolvers.

Me too. An old .357 Blackhawk my dad gave me.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Cause at some point it might not be fake bravado.

I don't know all the ins and outs of fun safety rules.

I know the basics are assume it's loaded and dont pull unless you feel your life is In danger.

I see posts here all the time where people say they would pull in this situation or that.

I have to assume it's all fake bravado?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

You can't judge a man's thoughts from 1860 by today's standards. They didn't go looking for slaves in 1616, slaves were brought to them first.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

There are certain things one will not put up with, certain lines one does not cross. If anyone ever hurts my family, yes, I will go Rambo on their rear end. That's not a threat; it is a warning that this line cannot be crossed.

Some of it is lighthearted chatter, internet posturing. "Why, if someone did that to me, I'd..." That's common language.

Some of it, yes, is dangerous. "I oughta go put a bullet in _______'s head for voting that way!" That's a threat; there's no line to be crossed. But that is rare.

I could be wrong. Sure.

I just feel like a lot of you right wing types do want something to pop off around you so you can go full Charles Bronson.

You are wrong. No one with good sense wants to go Bronson on anyone. The gun owners I know actually brag about not having to use a gun. Me included. One time, only one, in a half-century of life fraught with dangerous situations... and I didn't have to pull that trigger. Yeah, I'm proud of that.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Gotcha. He said he was being sarcastic, but nobody else shared his sentiments.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I would Rambo out to protect my family too. Everyone would.

You see the posts here too.

How is a person to decide if it's just take bravado or just common expressions or if those people are actually wanting something to pop off?

The carry empty but getting to the mag fast really got me.
Just cock to make the sound

Unrelated to this but it's been something I have been thinking about

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

One dude in the thread about the guy that kicked the girl said he would have just pulled his gun and cocked it cause the click click sound is a deterrent.

I will agree with you. I didn't see that post, but it was irresponsible if it said that. My response would be to try and subdue the guy for the police (maybe a little roughly since he just roundkicked a woman). How far he wants to take the encounter is his decision; if I am ever in fear of my life, as in he pulls a gun or knife or other weapon, then all bets are off.

I never... NEVER... pull a gun until I am ready to pull the trigger. Two reasons: one, it can easily escalate the situation by making the other guy fear for his safety and he might be packing too; and two, it gives the other guy notice that I am getting ready to shoot him. That one time, a guy I picked up for a ride was trying to hijack me. I dropped my cigarette on purpose acting all nervous, and came up with a .357 revolver pointed at his temple and hit the brakes. He leaped out of the car before it stopped and took off running. A second later he wouldn't have exited the car; I was just steadying for my shot. I felt my life was in danger.

I had one guy pull an empty gun on me as a 'joke' once... he found out quickly it wasn't funny. I was carrying a .38 Charter Arms in an ankle holster. I just went down to one knee and lifted my pants leg, ready to draw. He saw the metal and took cover screaming that it was a joke, don't shoot. He never tried that kind of 'joke' again. I don't count that because I never drew the gun (even though I was starting to).

That's how responsible people handle guns. Just because there's a few loose cannons out there, don't judge everyone by the exceptions.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Kind of one of this things where I assume the worst I guess.

In here a lot we hear legal gun owners. Responsible ownership.

Those are 2 different things.

Just cause a person legally owns one does not mean they are responsible. Just cause they took the class for ccw does not mean they are responsible.

And I think it's more than a few.

Of course that does not warrant guns being taken away.

Not everyone is like you.

I have no data to back up cause there is no data on irresponsible owners or cowboy types.

3 types though.

Illegal owners
Legal responsible owners
And legal irresponsible owners

I think there are a great deal of all 3

I don't often see the legal responsible owners address the issue of legal irresponsible owners.

Those peoe are a problem too.

Didn't mean to sidetrack your thread into this. Just kind of happened

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

How is a person to decide if it's just take bravado or just common expressions or if those people are actually wanting something to pop off?

As long as there are responsible gun owners around, it doesn't matter. He'll manage to get the gun drawn and maybe get one shot off. Then he's Swiss cheese. Remember a few years back, the shooting at the theater? The guy walked in with a minor arsenal, not quite ready to fire. Had there been armed responsible people in there, he wouldn't have gotten a shot off.

That's why most gun owners promote guns. It's not that we want crazies running around; it's that we know there are always a few crazies and we'd like a little backup?

The carry empty but getting to the mag fast really got me.
Just cock to make the sound

If that's not just bravado (which I suspect it is), someone is going to have a problem eventually. I don't care if the magazine is in your other hand... those few split seconds it takes to lock it in are enough to change the entire situation. Not to mention, it's usually a bad idea to dry-fire a gun. Not to mention he is giving his opponent a reason to respond in kind before he's ready to respond. Not to mention... aw, heck, let's just say anyone who does that is absolute idiot and is gonna wind up getting himself shot.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You don't know that for sure.
Mr responsible could miss. Could get shaky.

Its complicated man.

I just don't agree that having responsible owners around will stop situations.
I agree they could.

Its not a fact man

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lol, victim blame in the very first sentence.

Then concern troll through the meat of the OP:

I want to go on record saying good for the prosecutors! Anyone threatening or committing violence against any official... no, make that any other person without just cause, needs to be incarcerated.

Then claim victim-hood at the end.:

Now... if we can get similar treatment for conservatives who are threatened and harassed...

Way to represent! You aren't fooling anyone, we all know you don't give a snip, you just want to build a moral pedestal to debate from.

Concern troll is concern troll.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I have no data to back up cause there is no data on irresponsible owners or cowboy types.

I would argue the millions of owners versus the fact that accidents per year only number in the hundreds is data, and the data shows irresponsibility is few and far between.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Now... if we can get similar treatment for conservatives who are threatened and harassed...

BINGO!

Oh ya, because your side doesn't own every pillar of government, you don't have the majority of the state assemblies...

Tell me how you are being persecuted or unrepresented?

You guys are so disingenuous. Do you really believe this, or are you just parroting the crap that comes out of Tucker and Alex's mouth? You know they are actually paid to say these foolish things, the Kochs are getting a lot of bang for their buck if you think this is true.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join