It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged after threatening to kill Feinstein

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You would think someone posting pictures of themselves holding a bloody severed head of a sitting President would go to jail. However, she is a liberal and the media rallied for her.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

in those days, slave owners weren't "racist" towards blacks, they just saw them as inferior.

That's kinda the very definition of racism... just sayin'.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck
Do you have a habit of overlooking every single other post that condemned the poster and the man who sent the threat? If so, why? Not interesting enough?

No, I have a habit of pointing it out when the present demeanor of coarseness and vitriol emboldens some people to express horrendous opinions in public as if suddenly they are acceptable.
Genocide played out in Europe and Africa in the modern era. It was brought on by seemingly normal people agreeing that political and/or social 'others' need to be rounded up and dealt with.

Why should you find that problematic?
edit on 12-10-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: fixed redundancy because a redundancy needed ro be fixed.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TinySickTears

Not a crock... I have more right to enjoy a public monument than an angry mob has to rip it down. It's lawfulness versus lawlessness, which is what has put us in this situation.

As for just wanting to draw a gun... it's only happened once in my life. That's not exactly the pattern of someone wanting to draw a gun. Maybe you should check your assumptions... methinks they may be flawed.

TheRedneck

They've been told to think we're all uneducated gun nuts just aching for an excuse to murder someone. It doesn't matter if that's reality, that's what they've been told to think. Gun control propaganda at its finest.

Bull#.
I see the posts on here daily by many of the right wingers. Just little comments about what they would do with their guns if this or that happened.

Its what I see

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

a reply to: crtrvt

Um that's not how any of that works. But I think you know that.

Why don't you enlighten me then? Are you saying that anyone has the right to rip up a public monument? And are you saying that right trumps the public right to have it?

That would be an interesting legal theory.

TheRedneck

Of course people don't have the right to rip down a public monument.
You also don't have the right to act violently towards the people doing it under the guise of protecting it.

If someone was tearing down a statue of Obama would you crack some heads to protect it?

Sorry I know I said I was walking away

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Take it from me... the dangerous people aren't the ones giving those warnings. The dangerous people simply keep their traps shut until they decide to gun people down. Don't mistake a warning for a threat.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Not a crock... I have more right to enjoy a public monument than an angry mob has to rip it down. It's lawfulness versus lawlessness, which is what has put us in this situation.

As for just wanting to draw a gun... it's only happened once in my life. That's not exactly the pattern of someone wanting to draw a gun. Maybe you should check your assumptions... methinks they may be flawed.

TheRedneck

Yeah but there have been many threads on here where you have stated as much.

Little comments like a 357 would solve that problem.
Not that exactly but you get the drift.

I know you've said things like that.

If that happened near me.....

I could be wrong. Sure.

I just feel like a lot of you right wing types do want something to pop off around you so you can go full Charles Bronson.

In another thread just a while go someone chimes in better red than dead.

I just think some of you really want that certain moment to happen so you can pull

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Good to see, the threats are BS

Words are one thing, but when you start making credible and imminent threats you are taking it too far. Good to see they pursued him. Feinstein discredits herself without anyone else's help

link   
Good to see, the threats are BS

Words are one thing, but when you start making credible and imminent threats you are taking it too far. Good to see they pursued him. Feinstein discredits herself without anyone else's help

link   

Take it from me... the dangerous people aren't the ones giving those warnings. The dangerous people simply keep their traps shut until they decide to gun people down. Don't mistake a warning for a threat.

TheRedneck

Ok.

My dad used to say it's the quiet ones that will # you up.
How else are those comments supposed to be taken

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not by the standards applied today. Today if you're racist, you hate that race. That's what I'm told anyways. But I'm with you 100% on what the term actually means. Prejudice couldn't set the tone the left were looking to set.

To reword my meaning, not all slave owners were prejudiced.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a reply to: face23785

I can see your point, but in those days, slave owners weren't "racist" towards blacks, they just saw them as inferior.

I get what you're trying to say, but my point still applies. "Racist" as its used today won't necessarily stop a racist from raping a black woman. There's tons of historical examples of this. Russia/Germany or Japan/China in WW2, Rwanda as a more modern example, no matter how much you hate, despise or look down on a group of people, you might still rape their women as a form of terror/power/control.

Rhetorical "you"^ I'm not talking about you specifically.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

A Lancaster man has been arrested after authorities say he sent an email threatening to kill U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif).

Prosecutors said Thursday that Shaver, who has a 1991 grand theft conviction, attempted a criminal threat and accused him of being a felon in illegal possession of a revolver.

I'm having a hard time believing it.

Not to say the Right don't have it's share of people like this.

Authorities say.

Accusation of being a felon in illegal possession of a revolver.

This ain't the 80s anymore.

Technically inclined to use email and yet a revolver.

I am leaning toward a manufactured villain.

I own a revolver. Lots of people own revolvers.

link   

Just find it odd that every other poster condemned the action and you responded to the only one that didn't.

link   

Of course people don't have the right to rip down a public monument.

Good! We agree on that.

You also don't have the right to act violently towards the people doing it under the guise of protecting it.

Neither do I have the desire. But that's a sketchy legal question. Let's look at it from another perspective.

If I saw someone planting a bomb in the local courthouse, do I have the right to stop them? That courthouse is as much public property as a monument. The police have the duty to handle that if they are present, but what if there are no police around at the time?

If someone was tearing down a statue of Obama would you crack some heads to protect it?

Well, there's no statues of Obama around here... I heard some people made scarecrows of him....

But yeah, I would. It's a public monument. There are monuments to Martin Luther King Jr. around here, and I can easily say I would protect them as well.

You seem to have this mental image of me stopping my car and getting out with a minor arsenal and opening fire. That's not how it works. I would put myself between the mob and the statue... now, if that mob then decides to attack me, is it not self defense for me to fight back? Or am I simply without rights because I do not agree with the lawless activities of a mob?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: face23785

TheRedneck

They've been told to think we're all uneducated gun nuts just aching for an excuse to murder someone. It doesn't matter if that's reality, that's what they've been told to think. Gun control propaganda at its finest.

Bull#.
I see the posts on here daily by many of the right wingers. Just little comments about what they would do with their guns if this or that happened.

Its what I see

If someone attacked me and I feared for my life, I would shoot them. That doesn't mean I'm itching to murder someone. For one, I would hate for that to happen. I don't want to have to kill anyone. Secondly, that's not murder. All that said, I'll kill a mother#er in a heartbeat if it's me or them. Having that kind of conviction doesn't mean you're a nut.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

TheRedneck

Ok.

My dad used to say it's the quiet ones that will # you up.
How else are those comments supposed to be taken

To quote George Carlin,

"If you're in a bar, are you gonna be worried about the guy sitting in the corner quietly reading a book or the guy banging a machete on the counter screaming 'I'll kill the next mother#er that walks in here!'?"

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

To reword my meaning, not all slave owners were prejudiced.

If they could accept the fact that some races were inferior, and thereby acceptable to enslave...well, yah. They were prejudiced. You'll note that during the same era, there were many who rejected slavery as abhorrent. Slave owners were not working in a moral vacuum.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

To be fair, they're talking about defending themselves. I'm one of them. I've never drawn my pistol once, other than shooting it once in a while on the back of my property. I know how to hunt, but I don't even do that because I was cursed/blessed with a big heart for animals (unless they're a threat). Now, if a solar flare or terrorist attack ever wiped out our power grid, I'd set up in my back yard and start hunting for food immediately since the fish in my pond probably wouldn't last long, because that would be the only way I could take care of my family.

With that said, I'd never choose to pull my weapon unless I knew for a 100% fact that my life was in danger, and I don't get startled easily so it wouldn't be accidental. I would assume, outside of the hunting part, the gun owners that you see on here are like I am.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Just find it odd that every other poster condemned the action and you responded to the only one that didn't.
Read my response again. I was not about joining an echo chamber, I was calling out the one who agreed with some pretty unsavoury sentiments. Seemed more important.
edit on 12-10-2018 by JohnnyCanuck because: getting ahead of myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join