It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged after threatening to kill Feinstein

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Are you claiming that there has been no violence coming from the left? That is a statement of fact, not a statement of blame.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Are you claiming that there has been no violence coming from the left?

Nope. Just wondering if this is being used as justification.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You took the words right out of my mouth... The democrats are at the lowest point they've ever been, this is NO time to start stooping to their levels. Especially over some dirtbag that's 85 years old. I'm extremely surprised this came from a Californian. The other thing you hit the nail on the head with was consistency. Why don't people get arrested for threatening Conservatives? Or dreaming of blowing up the White House, that message went to hordes of angry, nasty women.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Where does the self defense part come in in regards to public property being destroyed?

Public property. That means everyone owns it... that includes me. Government can do whatever is decided with public property, but I have a voice in that government. When a mob decides to destroy public property without due process, they are destroying my property, and I have a right to resist it if the police cannot or will not.

I see no difference between a mob destroying a statue on public property and that same mob trying to destroy my house. Either would be a hazardous situation that is better avoided.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

How did you get justification out of what I wrote? Where have I said anything other than I condemn the actions and hope justice prevails? When did that become justification?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Prosecutors said Thursday that Shaver, attempted a criminal threat 

He only attempted to threaten to kill Feinstein? But didnt accutualy threaten her?

We all know most of these threats are going to be so much hot air on both sides, but there are a disturbing and increasing number these days that really mean it.

That's why this needs to be taken seriously and we need to stop downplaying it ... on both sides.

They practice zero tolerance on this in schools. Kids can just make kill lists anymore because of the threat of school shootings, so why do we get to openly wish death on each other and public officials in our current state?

When things stop running so hot under the collar, maybe we can go back to thinking people are just letting off steam again because most of us are.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Considering that this guy was already a felon and was also illegally in possession of a firearm, I think taking this one seriously was a good idea.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Prosecutors said Thursday that Shaver, attempted a criminal threat 

He only attempted to threaten to kill Feinstein? But didnt accutualy threaten her?
That would still make the charge Indirect Intimidation, at the very least.

This was a dumb move for an already convicted felon.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The timing of this was too coincidental. The day after Clinton, Holder and the left are called out for terrorist acts and threatening violence, including by Michelle Obama, suddenly this happens?

This sounds like a manufactured situation so that the left can say "but". And, it gives them an excuse to continue pushing violence because "they did it too".

Sources say "attempted to threaten". And, it says it was an email received Sept. 30th, and he was just now arrested. They will not reveal the contents of the email. If I thought this might be a conspiracy, I would suggest that Feinstein dug through her emails yesterday to look for "something" that might be considered a threat, just to reverse the story.

That's actually a very good point. I would assume there will be an investigation to get deeper into this.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

At this point I'm of the belief many of you yanks have simply gone off the deep end, I edited my post just before your post to me as I felt I needed to clarify what I'm saying.

Yanks are north of the Mason-Dixon Line. Very offensive to call someone south of it a yank. Slow your roll.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I see the edit now. Other than calling a redneck a yank (which is a legal defense for murder in much of the South), I understand your position.

One reason I wanted to see this story circulated on ATS was that there has been a tendency by many on the left recently to state the right is just as bad as the left. Not only is this a warning sign of the growing propensity for violence in politics, but it is also an opportunity for the conservatives to condemn the loon that thought assassination was a good idea. So far I have not been disappointed.

Under normal circumstances, the right is as bad as the left; but we are not living in normal times.

TheRedneck

You beat me to it I see.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

The timing of this was too coincidental. The day after Clinton, Holder and the left are called out for terrorist acts and threatening violence, including by Michelle Obama, suddenly this happens?

This sounds like a manufactured situation so that the left can say "but". And, it gives them an excuse to continue pushing violence because "they did it too".

Sources say "attempted to threaten". And, it says it was an email received Sept. 30th, and he was just now arrested. They will not reveal the contents of the email. If I thought this might be a conspiracy, I would suggest that Feinstein dug through her emails yesterday to look for "something" that might be considered a threat, just to reverse the story.

That's actually a very good point. I would assume there will be an investigation to get deeper into this.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past old "FineStain" to stoop to using this as a mean to deflect the focus away from her and any upcoming investigations into her behavior during the SCOTUS confirmation process. She is enough of a suck-bag to do it without hesitation to save her own wrinkled ass skin.

But, that does not in any way excuse the threat at all.

I still think that anyone making death threats, regardless of political affiliation or whatever political dogma they subscribe to, should be investigated for credibility and pushed through the legal process to get justice.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I see the edit now. Other than calling a redneck a yank (which is a legal defense for murder in much of the South), I understand your position.

One reason I wanted to see this story circulated on ATS was that there has been a tendency by many on the left recently to state the right is just as bad as the left. Not only is this a warning sign of the growing propensity for violence in politics, but it is also an opportunity for the conservatives to condemn the loon that thought assassination was a good idea. So far I have not been disappointed.

Under normal circumstances, the right is as bad as the left; but we are not living in normal times.

TheRedneck

You beat me to it I see.

It goes further north than that. Anyone above NY state would see that term "yank" as a personal insult as well. After all, try calling a Boston Red Sox fan a Yankee and it might be the last time you did that.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scifi2424
This guy made a threat with a non-existent microphone. Maxipad and many democrat politicians uses a megaphone with a media amplifier to call for violence against people across the isle. Kankles (Hillary) and holder did that just the other day.

Being someone that agrees with Trump gets you a death sentence on the left. Not just a threat.. You get actual led flying your way.. Just ask those trying to play a softball game.

Ya, this guy needs to be locked up but if we use that standard, a lot of democrats including Maxipad would be cooling her heels in a cell right now.

Ugh. Every time I hear that recording, I have to turn the volume down on my tv because of the extremely cheap system that domestic terrorist was talking on.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I always get a kick out of those antifa chumps. They're all lanky, dirty hippies or fat obese girls, the kind the left always try to say are Republicans. And then you see all the anti-antifa guys. You can tell they're all corn fed, stout, and would stomp a mud hole in every beta male's ass that belongs to antifa.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
It's my understanding they all get threats routinely. It's like how the news has to cover a missing pretty white girl every now and then when it's a slow news day as if kids don't go missing every day.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Hey, that word was the first thing that jumped out at me!

On a side note, please accept my apologies for the events of November 3rd...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Yeah, I wouldn't put it past old "FineStain" to stoop to using this as a mean to deflect the focus away from her and any upcoming investigations into her behavior during the SCOTUS confirmation process. She is enough of a suck-bag to do it without hesitation to save her own wrinkled ass skin.

But, that does not in any way excuse the threat at all.

I still think that anyone making death threats, regardless of political affiliation or whatever political dogma they subscribe to, should be investigated for credibility and pushed through the legal process to get justice.

Exactly. Being against Finestain (lulz), it's not impossible to think of a setup. I've seen far too many times a scenario where a gay person staged an act, or a black person staged an act, for compassion and to cause hate towards the right. A few specific stories that come to mind where a white person/straight person was immediately blamed until investigations showed otherwise are:

Sharmeka Moffitt. A Louisiana native who was doused with lighter fluid and set on fire at a park, by three white men in white hoodies, who then wrote racial slurs and "KKK" all over her car. The country went into a frenzy about racism. Then investigators found out that she wrote all of that on her car, then doused herself with lighter fluid and lit herself on fire.

Lesbian couple. Can't remember where, but they wrote homophobic slurs on their house and set it on fire. Blamed it on their Republican neighbor. Investigations found out that the lesbian couple did all of that for insurance reasons.

Lesbian waiter. Got a receipt from a white married couple she waited on. The line that says "tip" had some homophobic slur written on it. Investigations concluded, and she later admitted, that the waiter herself had written that. The couple left her a $5 or $10 tip, not a slur, but the amount of the tip made her mad.

Historic black churches being burnt down. After media blamed this on white supremacists and had the country pissed off at white people, investigations found that the guilty party was a black man who was a member at one of the churches he'd burnt down.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

TheRedneck

You beat me to it I see.

It goes further north than that. Anyone above NY state would see that term "yank" as a personal insult as well. After all, try calling a Boston Red Sox fan a Yankee and it might be the last time you did that.

LOL! Touche!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Oh there's been a bunch of these recently:

Fake hate crimes

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join