It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why democrats will destroy America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't trust the republicans. I think they have just as much propensity to violate the Constitution if given the chance.

You sure don’t act like it.

That's because when we argue, we end up taking such polarizing sides.

It'll be the same in DC only writ large.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just wish we had reasoned, sensible democrats.

I may not agree with all their approaches, but it was never anti-Constitutional.

I don't trust the republicans. I think they have just as much propensity to violate the Constitution if given the chance.

However... more and more establishment Republican progressives going out, more actual conservatives coming in.... think Freedom Caucus.

I see the Republicans at having a chance to get their party back... versus the Democratic party, which seems to be swirling down the toilet.

Good riddance... maybe then the Libertarians can become the new balance.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

TLDR; whatever bad things the Republicans do are the fault of the Democrats for not keeping them honest.

Probably the most ironic thing I’ve ever seen you write.

You really should read it. Otherwise your opinion sounds like fluff and ignorance.

I did, otherwise how could I make a TLDR.

What is he saying in your opinion?

So you did read it but put a TLDR?

What he is saying is that the D party is leaving behind the folks that actually represent a lot of the middle. To boil it down to a zero sum game would be a foolish assumption unless in your opinion you think that folks political allegiance is static.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So you didn’t buy that lotto ticket?
As per your OP I completely agree. Though the title could use a little refinement. But I do like that you recognize the issues involved with both parties.
I knew you were smart damnit!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I may not agree with all their approaches, but it was never anti-Constitutional.

However... more and more establishment Republican progressives going out, more actual conservatives coming in.... think Freedom Caucus.

I see the Republicans at having a chance to get their party back... versus the Democratic party, which seems to be swirling down the toilet.

I would vote Libertarian but they put up stupid people as a front runner. It would seem that some people don’t or refuse to do their research on candidates.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Libertarian party lost me when they went for open borders....

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

TLDR; whatever bad things the Republicans do are the fault of the Democrats for not keeping them honest.

You really should read it. Otherwise your opinion sounds like fluff and ignorance.

I'm not sure you understand what TLDR stands for...

As for the OP, I totally agree. I think a lot of the problem lies with the media (on both sides). The left MSM constantly blames and insults the right. The independent, mostly right, media does the same to the left. It isn't healthy. This used to be the nation of compromise...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So you did read it but put a TLDR?

What he is saying is that the D party is leaving behind the folks that actually represent a lot of the middle. To boil it down to a zero sum game would be a foolish assumption unless in your opinion you think that folks political allegiance is static.

I think most peoples political allegiance is static these days, that’s the problem. If I’m wrong, tell me which liberals you admire for their policies.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

We used to have the same values. Democrats or republicans, it didn't matter.

It was just the approach that was different.

But now we don't even share the same values. And you can't compromise on fundamental values.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
As if you all on the right hadn't already bought into the fear mongering of the right wing outlets. Why not ratchet it up a few more clicks right? The right went extreme right. The left in the USA is still, well, center right.

Trump ran on a campaign of division. I don't understand. He got what he wanted. And in essence, what you all wanted. I've been seeing the dreams of civil war touted on here for years by the right. But y'all got your guns for that tyrannical govern... oh wait, I mean, other Americans!

Jesus. Nothing but part of the problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Well said. But isn't that the purpose of a democratic republic? So we can have conflicting values but still work together? I know that divide is getting harder to bridge, but surely there's a way. It's the unwillingness to debate and reason that's hurting us. It's rare you see either side concede even a point to the other. It's a dark time for logic.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Obama ran on division.

History goes back farther than two years, if you wanted to know.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
As if you all on the right hadn't already bought into the fear mongering of the right wing outlets. Why not ratchet it up a few more clicks right? The right went extreme right. The left in the USA is still, well, center right.

Trump ran on a campaign of division. I don't understand. He got what he wanted. And in essence, what you all wanted. I've been seeing the dreams of civil war touted on here for years by the right. But y'all got your guns for that tyrannical govern... oh wait, I mean, other Americans!

Jesus. Nothing but part of the problem.

Show me some videos of right wingers shutting down speakers on college campuses! How about showing me videos of right winger mobs going into restaurants and getting in peoples faces while they are trying to relax and have a meal!

Bet if you can find 1 I can find 100 of the left.

Hell! I am paranoid about wearing my Oath Keepers T shirt when going out just in case I decide to order some food to take home!

edit on 11-10-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think most peoples political allegiance is static these days, that’s the problem.

From this past March:
www.nbcnews.com...

The study of political partisanship from the Pew Research Center compares registered voters who self-identified as Republicans and Democrats in 1997 and 2017 and finds both are being affected by changes in the nation overall, but at very different rates. The net effect is that the two parties are in some ways headed in very different directions, demographically and culturally.

Pretty much confirming exactly what the OP is outlining. To put it succinctly: "We need balance."

If I’m wrong, tell me which liberals you admire for their policies.

No names offhand however any that support the legalization of MJ, the removal of private prisons and anyone who gets in between the monopoly between insurance, healthcare and pharma.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

They have tossed out the 5th Amendment and now you are guilty until proven innocent.

nothing is out of bounds on the internet!
great meme!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm really interested in how many people actually don't hold the same values, and what part of this craziness is just the vocal minority on both sides. I know very few people in real life that are how the extreme left or right are portrayed. Maybe it's time for the dissolution of political parties, which seem to drive this mentality.

Or maybe transferring more power to the states to let the people govern themselves is a better route. If the federal government has less power then there would be less push to have federal control, so this political tribalism wouldn't be as prevalent.

I obviously don't have the answers, but the answers have to be somewhere. Seek and you shall find type stuff.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I would vote Libertarian but they put up stupid people as a front runner. It would seem that some people don’t or refuse to do their research on candidates.

I voted for a Libertarian for President once. Had to write it in at the time. It was this guy...

The former 1988 Libertarian nominee and 2008 and 2012 Republican candidate for president says Trump is just a temporary setback for the libertarian moment.

Distrust in America’s foreign and monetary policies, unrelieved by the election of Donald Trump, is going to be a “big opening” for libertarians in 2020, former Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul told the Washington Examiner.

Trump was able to co-opt much of the messaging [against -p] an establishment that has maintained a bipartisan consensus on these issues without offering much of substance to voters committed to the values of freedom.

“The appearance of the libertarian movement has been set back partially because of Trump, but intellectually we’ve been doing well,” Paul said. “We as libertarians have some work to do before [voters] are going to accept a true-blue libertarian, but I think moving in that direction and having a popular candidate is very possible” in 2020.

So we will see.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

No names offhand however any that support the legalization of MJ, the removal of private prisons and anyone who gets in between the monopoly between insurance, healthcare and pharma.

You just listed pretty much every Democrats platform. The Trump admin overturned the obama era ruling that did away with private prisons as one of their first actions.

Balance isn’t going to happen until people can compromise some of their beliefs for the greater good, and one of the main principles of Trumpism is no compromise. A winner take all worldview. How do you compromise with that?

Notice I said Trumpism, and not conservatism. If there was an actual conservative in the White House we’d be able to compromise. What we have now is a party of extreme nationalism sitting in the place where the two parties used to work together. Lately I’ve noticed that compromise to people on the right wing that follow Trump means no compromise on their part, but on everyone elses.

If you want to start somewhere, start with fixing that. Because while the current people in office hold an all or nothing worldview, that’s what it will be. Regardless of what us people on the ground think.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Libertarian party lost me when they went for open borders....

Solid no for me as well.

The Libertarians that are for open borders are a small part of the party, however.

The idealists.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Who is keeping the Republican Party honest?

Not Trump. He lies daily.

Democrats have double-downed on uncivil disobedience.

A little rebellion never hurt anyone. Without it we'd be under British rule, right?

They abuse and insult the 1st Amendment almost daily.

I seem to recall Donnie saying that the free press (protected by the 1s Amendment) is the enemy of the people.

They have tossed out the 5th Amendment and now you are guilty until proven innocent.

He still got his seat on the supreme court. It didn't seem to hurt him any. Kind of ironic you brought that up though, considering Kavanaugh more or less gutted the fourth amendment with the Patriot Act.

But Republicans are no treasure either.

You've got that right.

But Republicans are no treasure either. They are the counter to the extreme leftists but in doing so, they have become extremists themselves. They are doubling down on free expression, pot legislation, nd I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to push back on gay marriage.

I guess you and Gunther 2 are out of luck.

ANY political party is a danger to all of us if it isn't kept in check.

Did you know that originally there weren't supposed to be political parties?
Source

We need balance.

Always.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join