It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Heck? Man Who Runs Firm Behind Trump-Russia Dossier to Plead the Fifth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

You can't be incriminated by telling the truth about a non crime.

It doesn't mean the crime is necessarily what he's testifying about, but there must be the possibility your truth can incriminate you personally.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Or, one pleads the 5th to avoid political crucifixion while on vacation.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You can be incriminated by telling the truth about yourself even if innocent.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

What’s wrong with pleading the 5th?

Nothing.

He's already being "looked at" for perjury under penalty of felony.

When at first you don't succeed, why lie again ?

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

You can be incriminated by telling the truth about yourself even if innocent.

General Flynn comes to mind...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Simpson should plead the 14th.

Equal protection under the law 😁

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Nothing.

He's already being "looked at" for perjury under penalty of felony.

When at first you don't succeed, why lie again ?

💥😃💥

I am going to save this for a meme if you don’t mind.
“When at first you don’t succeed, why lie again?”
Well played XUE

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

GOP Rep. Mark Meadows told the Hill, “It is very telling when Glenn Simpson has talked to multiple reporters and multiple individuals at the Department of Justice over the last two years. When the day of reckoning is on the horizon, he chooses to lose his voice.”

hotair.com...

thehill.com...

Simpson, who has already met with three congressional committees, is one of a number of witnesses tied to the dossier that Republicans have sought to interview as part of their joint investigation.

Congressional investigators are expected to interview Nellie Ohr next week.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Nothing at all - if you are the accused.

But if it is you that are doing the accusing (albeit by proxy), it does not look good.

At all.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I guess, according to some, constitutional rights are only legitimate when invoked by people who share their own political beliefs.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

But if it is you that are doing the accusing (albeit by proxy), it does not look good.

Especially when they are using Russian propaganda.

"At first, obtaining intelligence from Moscow went well. For around six months – during the first half of the year – Steele was able to make inquiries in Russia with relative ease. It got harder from late July, as Trump's ties to Russia came under scrutiny. Finally, the lights went out. Amid a Kremlin cover-up, the sources went silent and information channels shut down."[42

en.wikipedia.org...

To feed their own Leaks.

Their own lawyers. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Their own validation. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

guess, according to some, constitutional rights are only legitimate when invoked by people who share their own political beliefs.

Those constitutional rights include facing the accusers.

In this case would be a British Spy and Russian nationals.

In other words colluding with foreigners to change an election outcome which is in direct violation of FEC rules.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: highvein

Lol. He believes his vacation is more important. That should tell us everything we need to know about the whole issue then.

His vacation excuse was last year, this year he just flat out states he will not attend and will invoke the 5th.

That is even better. Let him get Kavanaughed.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You can plead the 5th anytime the question is designed to gather information that might tend to incriminate you: it doesn't mean your answer would specifically incriminate you. It's not an admission of anything.

He's being smart and listening to his lawyers.

Sidenote: I think this guy is knee deep in trouble and should be.

Oh yeah. Very smart. But I don't think the People of this Nation will find it very plausible. He is even too scared to show up. It would not surprise me if he ends up suicided. To much for the Clinton Crime Syndicate to lose on this one.
edit on 11-10-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I guess, according to some, constitutional rights are only legitimate when invoked by people who share their own political beliefs.

The fifth was made so people were not forced to testify against themselves.

The guilty plead the fifth because they don't want the truth to come out.

Yes. It is legal to do, and it is also very telling in the same instance.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Like I said, I think he's knee-deep in the #. I'm not trying to exonerate him. It just makes sense to keep your mouth shut when you're being investigated. That isn't what makes him look guilty to me. It's the actual evidence and prior testimony.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

At first, obtaining intelligence from Moscow went well. For around six months – during the first half of the year – Steele was able to make inquiries in Russia with relative ease.

It got harder from late July, as Trump's ties to Russia came under scrutiny. Finally, the lights went out. Amid a Kremlin cover-up, the sources went silent and information channels shut down."[42

Let that sink in.

For six months during the first half of the year.

January to June.

They are illegally spying on Trump with a foreign national doing the dirty work.

Perkins Coie was the middle man.

July and after. Fisa warrents all that that crap.

Was lawyers meeting with the FBI,

Simpson leaking,meeting and all that.

Long before Trump ever made off the cuff remarks about Russia or DNC emails.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   

a reply to: highvein

Like I said, I think he's knee-deep in the #. I'm not trying to exonerate him. It just makes sense to keep your mouth shut when you're being investigated. That isn't what makes him look guilty to me. It's the actual evidence and prior testimony.

It is the smartest thing he can do at this point, but I don't think it is going to help him.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

game set and match.

this is the one time trump needs to get on Twitter and do what he does best; vulgar inquiries, aka air out everyone's laundry.

this is interesting news indeed

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Steele had arrived in Moscow via the usual establishment route for upwardly mobile British spies: the University of Cambridge. Cambridge had produced some of MI6’s most talented cold war officials.A few of them, it turned out – to great embarrassment – had secret second jobs with the KGB.

The joke inside MI6 was that only those who had never visited the Soviet Union would wish to defect.

Simpson then met Steele. They knew some of the same FBI people and shared expertise on Russia. Fusion and Orbis began a professional partnership.

The Washington- and London-based firms worked for oligarchs litigating against other oligarchs.

The episode burnished Steele’s reputation inside the US intelligence community and the FBI. Here was a pro, a well-connected Brit, who understood Russian espionage and its subterranean tricks. Steele was regarded as credible. Between 2014 and 2016, Steele authored more than 100 reports on Russia and Ukraine. These were written for a private client but shared widely within the US state department, and sent up to secretary of state John Kerry and assistant secretary of state Victoria Nuland, who was in charge of the US response to Putin’s annexation of Crimea and covert invasion of eastern Ukraine. Many of Steele’s secret sources were the same people who would later supply information on Trump.

One former state department envoy during the Obama administration said he read dozens of Steele’s reports. On Russia, the envoy said, Steele was “as good as the CIA or anyone”.

www.theguardian.com...

How much you want a bet Steele is a double agent?

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join