It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyndall AFB suffers massive damage; including irreplaceable F-22s

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

edit on 21/10/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

It's not "supposed to" have 30% of the fleet unflyable

I never worked on lawn darts, but on heavies throw a dart at a calendar and on any given month you will have a base with 30% or more of the planes down for extended maintenance.

Sometimes its bad choices by maintenance supervision, sometimes its supply issues, and other times its just everything broke every time it flew.

Throw in the randomness of a strong nearly cat 5 hurricane and you get this situation.

ETA: forgot to mention another key thing, Chief Cody and Gen Welsh absolutely gutted the Maintenance ranks over their tenure shoving E-5s and E-6s out the door for any conceivable reason while continuing to bring in ops as fast as possible severely damaging the ability of the USAF to turn jets at the speed needed.
edit on 21-10-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I always wondered about that: Why there hasn't been a drive for single or small batch aircraft production.
The technology probably doesn't exist yet, but that's because no one invented it yet. LoL

It doesnt make sense to me beyond a point. Think in terms of baking a cake. Recipe calls for 4 eggs and you have 3. So buy the dozen or get a chicken for the next couple years worth of cakes...

edit on 10 21 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join