It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyndall AFB suffers massive damage; including irreplaceable F-22s

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Yea to say I loathe that plane doesn't quite cover my feelings...

Though they do perform marginally better in the desert.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They should see somewhat better MC rates in the next 10 years after that $3B upgrade program.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's still 31% that aren't airworthy using your number.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Which is a hell of a lot better than the fleetwide 49% that WERE FMC in FY17. They did a hell of a job getting them out and getting all their people out.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Which is a hell of a lot better than the fleetwide 49% that WERE FMC in FY17. They did a hell of a job getting them out and getting all their people out.

Well admittedly the 31% wasn’t fleet wide that was just Tyndall’s 22s so the fleetwide would be even lower than the 31% (I would hope anyway).

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

FMC is not remotely the same as "airworthy". I don't know enough about the situation on the ground in Tindall to know whether heads should roll there as well, but the entire thing is pretty disgusting.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

It wasn't 34-44%. They have 55 birds, 33 went to Ohio, word is that 17 were left behind, meaning the other 5 were flown somewhere as well. That's higher than the fleetwide mission capable rate.

So which genius came up with the idea to station 30% of the fleet in a high risk hurricane area in the first place?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

You mean an area that's so high risk that they've never had a storm this strong before?

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight

It wasn't 34-44%. They have 55 birds, 33 went to Ohio, word is that 17 were left behind, meaning the other 5 were flown somewhere as well. That's higher than the fleetwide mission capable rate.

So which genius came up with the idea to station 30% of the fleet in a high risk hurricane area in the first place?
Well it being the main training base for the 22 might be a reason that so many are based out of Tyndall.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

No it isn't, but you're not going to fly an NMCM bird even in an evacuation. Thank god we have so many people explaining how they screwed up and they should have done so much more.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

No it isn't, but you're not going to fly an NMCM bird even in an evacuation. Thank god we have so many people explaining how they screwed up and they should have done so much more.

I personally think that the trailering the raptors out would have been a terrible idea, they should have taxied them the whole way out of danger on the interstate, could have a convoy of tankers to keep them fueled up.🙄🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Hardened concrete bunkers are in order for mainland bases.

The Canucks up north of the border under Trudeau are not to be trusted.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   

You mean an area that's so high risk that they've never had a storm this strong before?

Which just means they were due for one?
www.nhc.noaa.gov...
www.nhc.noaa.gov...

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: mightmight

Well it being the main training base for the 22 might be a reason that so many are based out of Tyndall.

Yes. Right on the coast in an hurricane area.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

You're not "due" for a hurricane. They happen or they don't. This area has been bad for strong hurricanes. This one fooled everyone.

And what other places are relatively lightly populated, with a large live fire range a couple minutes flight time away from the base with zero weather threat that you think we should move them to. Put them in the midwest and you'll say tornadoes. Put them out west and it's fire hazards. Up north and it's extreme snow. So where exactly should they go?
edit on 10/18/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

You're not "due" for a hurricane. They happen or they don't. This area has been bad for strong hurricanes. This one fooled everyone.

And what other places are relatively lightly populated, with a large live fire range a couple minutes flight time away from the base with zero weather threat that you think we should move them to. Put them in the midwest and you'll say tornadoes. Put them out west and it's fire hazards. Up north and it's extreme snow. So where exactly should they go?
Dont forget quakes on the west coast or pretty much anywhere for that matter...

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

That's still a better suggestion than the guy that said to put them on a barge.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrandePoobah

Hardened concrete bunkers are in order for mainland bases.

The Canucks up north of the border under Trudeau are not to be trusted.

Ah yes never know when they might go war of 1812 again!🙄🤦🏻‍♂️

2,000th post

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

That's still a better suggestion than the guy that said to put them on a barge.

Damn I can’t even beat the absurdity when I try, amazing!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Trust me, the "think outside the box" crowd has been out in force. And not one of them has been closer to a plane than watching one fly overhead.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Trust me, the "think outside the box" crowd has been out in force. And not one of them has been closer to a plane than watching one fly overhead.

Someone needs to round them up for a think-tank, imagine the comedy gold!!!

ETA- I think I might have just one up’ed The barge, they needed to call their “buddies” over at the Corps to drive some LCACs right up to the base to pick up the birds could have stored them in the drywell of some LHDs!

edit on 10/18/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join