It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signs Music Modernization Act

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I’m sure they aren’t backing this to give themselves less money.

yep, itunes, spotify, goog play, tidal, deezer opens up a whole new world to screw the digital content providers right in the old covfefe.

doin business the American way....

gotta run, call time soon and if you aren't 30 min. early, you're late.
edit on 11-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: theatreboy
a reply to: olaru12

I Love IATSE....wish I could get my card.

Just keep working...it took me 2 years to get off overflow. We just got Netflix HQ, they took over the Q sound stages. Disney and Lionsgate, soon to follow....livin the dream!!

I'm not sure but if you can get into an AFofL CIO subsiduary, you might be able to slide into your iatse local.

www.theverge.com...

I am also an IBEW electrician. The bjsiness manager will not return my calls...going to try a different local

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I receive royalties from 63-94. Great..
edit on 11-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

I Love IATSE....wish I could get my card.

Just keep working...it took me 2 years to get off overflow. We just got Netflix HQ, they took over the Q sound stages. Disney and Lionsgate, soon to follow....livin the dream!!

I'm not sure but if you can get into an AFofL CIO subsiduary, you might be able to slide into your iatse local.

www.theverge.com...

I am also an IBEW electrician. The bjsiness manager will not return my calls...going to try a different local

I think that should qualify you for a grip classification in IATSE.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm against anything like this to a point. I think it should be the lifetime of the artist/creator that's it. Once the person is no longer of this world the song or whatever they've created unless part of a large group should enter the public domain (if they have a wife or husband then it'd be their lifetime as well) but after that that's it. I'm a huge defender of the public domain and champion NO extension to any copyright law that stops characters etc. enter the public domain once the original creator is dead and yes I am so much a defender that I believe Superman, Batman as they originally conceived should be entering the PD very soon but that's very unlikely to ever happen.

It isn't the artists who will get a lot of the money most of it will go to companies that already own the rights to these songs. Now I'm not a music lover I think Christmas songs are probably it and maybe one or two catchy tunes but even in this case I'll fight for the PD.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
And he's hanging out with Kanye. He said he'd end cronyism. He said he'd "drain the swamp". Hell, Trump's a swamp monster.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

I'm against anything like this to a point. I think it should be the lifetime of the artist/creator that's it. Once the person is no longer of this world the song or whatever they've created unless part of a large group should enter the public domain (if they have a wife or husband then it'd be their lifetime as well) but after that that's it. I'm a huge defender of the public domain and champion NO extension to any copyright law that stops characters etc. enter the public domain once the original creator is dead and yes I am so much a defender that I believe Superman, Batman as they originally conceived should be entering the PD very soon but that's very unlikely to ever happen.

It isn't the artists who will get a lot of the money most of it will go to companies that already own the rights to these songs. Now I'm not a music lover I think Christmas songs are probably it and maybe one or two catchy tunes but even in this case I'll fight for the PD.

You're 100%. I've thought a one time originator-cooyright is a good thing.

When we wrote music from the 50's, 60's,70's...there was no social media nor computers...let alone file sharing.

Copyright owner
Trademark Holder,
Universal, Sony-worldwide

(post by mymymy removed for political trolling and baiting)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join