It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Take the Moderates Seriously

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: amazing

Moderates are the ones that decide elections. It's always been that way.

Let's say there are 40% of the country that are die hard democarts and 40% of the country is die hard Republicans. They will always vote blindly for their party no matter how bad the candidate is, because they're favorite celbrities told them to.

But it's the other 20% of voters that decide elections. The indpendents, the moderates, those that aren't blinded and brainwashed by the TV.

It's very true. It's just that they have often decided the elections in the very wrong direction.

How do you figure that out though. If you look at our past several presidents, we've got some Democrat and some republican. A good mix of both.

The Muslim Brotherhood was considered moderate for example.

Nobody in America voted for the Muslim Brotherhood though? LOL What?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Let's say there are 40% of the country that are die hard democarts and 40% of the country is die hard Republicans. They will always vote blindly for their party no matter how bad the candidate is, because they're favorite celbrities told them to.

But it's the other 20% of voters that decide elections. The indpendents, the moderates, those that aren't blinded and brainwashed by the TV.

It's very true. It's just that they have often decided the elections in the very wrong direction.

How do you figure that out though. If you look at our past several presidents, we've got some Democrat and some republican. A good mix of both.

The Muslim Brotherhood was considered moderate for example.

Nobody in America voted for the Muslim Brotherhood though? LOL What?

Believe it or not, moderates have existed throughout space, time and history.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Ted Bundy thought he was a great guy.

Sounds like a moderate to me.

Not even in his psychopathy. Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Not even in his psychopathy. Lol

I was just joking. I think Bundy was a republican.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The conversation is a meandering stream of nonsense and redefined terms

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The conversation is a meandering stream of nonsense and redefined terms

Pocked with an ironic tribalism of moderates. God forbid your team gets a little criticism, right?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What exactly is "the wrong direction"? Is this relative to your opinion? And you do know what a democratic republic is, right?

A2D

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

From Fla? Probably.

He fit in well. florida is a crazy state

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

You classed Muslim brotherhood as moderate.

Who the hell is my team again?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

What exactly is "the wrong direction"? Is this relative to your opinion? And you do know what a democratic republic is, right?

A2D

Yes I know what a democratic republic is.

There is a wrong direction and a right direction. A right direction would be the abolition of slavery, something the moderates of the time were wary about. A wrong direction would be the Enabling act of 1933 on Nazi Germany, which the moderate Centrist party agreed to vote on. We can look at history and decide whether an action was right or wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That's exactly what I would have expected to be honest. We are OK as long as we vote your way.

I think you're tilting at windmills with this one.

Again, I mean by looking at history, not my own political views.

It might more "moderate" to ask for clarification instead of running to impugn my motives. It increasingly sounds like you guys could use a dose of your own advice.

You're conflating being a Nazi or a radical Islamist with being a Moderate in the US and criticism is not justified? Maybe some introspection on your part? Actually you are all over the map on this trying to argue your opinion.

Diversity in opinions is where the best idea's come from, when people work together instead of taking the my way or highway approach. There is a third option and it's one of compromise and working together to make things better. Having nearly half the country polarized and married to inflexible party platforms is the problem.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You classed Muslim brotherhood as moderate.

Who the hell is my team again?

I never did. Political scientists did. When the extremists are Hardcore Salafist Jihadis on the one hand, and secular, democratic liberals on the other, the Muslim Brotherhood are your moderates.

The Moderate Muslim Brotherhood

edit on 11-10-2018 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You're conflating being a Nazi or a radical Islamist with being a Moderate in the US and criticism is not justified? Maybe some introspection on your part? Actually you are all over the map on this trying to argue your opinion.

Diversity in opinions is where the best idea's come from, when people work together instead of taking the my way or highway approach. There is a third option and it's one of compromise and working together to make things better. Having nearly half the country polarized and married to inflexible party platforms is the problem.

I conflated no such thing. I said you impugning my motives isn't justified. If we are to avoid misunderstanding, its best not to try and misrepresent my arguments.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Care to tell me the differences in policy the two parties have brought the last 20 years?

What's some vastly different things either party has brought besides rhetoric?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Care to tell me the differences in policy the two parties have brought the last 20 years?

I don't.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I dont think you fully understand how "right and wrong" are actually, but not entirely, subjective.

What is "the right" punishment for murder?
What is "the right" age to allow consumption of alcohol?
Is it "right" to allow non citizens to vote?
Is it "right" to allow on demand abortion?

These are all things that vary based on who you ask...hence SIBJECTIVITY. Right and wrong are not black and white.

In a democratic republic, the "right direction" is the direction that the majority dictates. Regardless of whatever you believe, that's just how it works.

A2D

edit on 11-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

I dont think you fully understand how "right and wrong" are actually, but not entirely, subjective.

What is "the right" punishment for murder?

In a democratic republic, the "right direction" is the direction that the majority dictates. Regardless of whatever you believe, that's just how it works.

A2D

You don't believe in right or wrong?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I don't.

And you're trying to say there is a reason to subscribe to two parties that essentially bring the same results. They just pander to get votes and keep the status quo.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I believe in personal rights and personal wrongs...not universals.

Jews dont eat pork because it's "wrong".
I eat the bleep out of some pork because I think it's right...

A2D
edit on 11-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   

And you're trying to say there is a reason to subscribe to two parties that essentially bring the same results.

They just pander to get votes and keep the status quo.

Yes there is. The party platform is determined by those who participate in it, not by those who run from it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join