It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont Take the Moderates Seriously

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The Nazi party’s policies were deliberately vague so they might appeal to as many people as possible. People of both right and moderate-left wing politics joined because they agreed with at least one of their policies:

Why the nazis achieved power

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I never thought my username would actually become this relevant.

A2D

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
I never thought my username would actually become this relevant.

A2D

It still isn’t.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The worldwide riots and burnings are instruments of intimidation, reminders of van Gogh's fate. The Islamic "moderates" are the mob's agents and interpreters, warning us not to do this again. And the Western "moderates" are their terrified collaborators who say: Don't worry, we won't. It's those Danes. We're clean. Spare us. Please.

Curse of the Moderates

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

While I respect your opinion, I didn't ask for it.
A2D

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

While I respect your opinion, I didn't ask for it.
A2D

It wasn't an offer.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Although the Centre Party remained relatively moderate in its stance during the polarization of German politics in the early 1930s, the party’s deputies voted in favour of the Enabling Act of March 1933, which allowed Chancellor Adolf Hitler to assume dictatorial powers in Germany. The Centre Party was dissolved by the Nazi-dominated government in July 1933.

Centre Party of Germany

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Moderates are the ones that decide elections. It's always been that way.

Let's say there are 40% of the country that are die hard democarts and 40% of the country is die hard Republicans. They will always vote blindly for their party no matter how bad the candidate is, because they're favorite celbrities told them to.

But it's the other 20% of voters that decide elections. The indpendents, the moderates, those that aren't blinded and brainwashed by the TV.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Let's say there are 40% of the country that are die hard democarts and 40% of the country is die hard Republicans. They will always vote blindly for their party no matter how bad the candidate is, because they're favorite celbrities told them to.

But it's the other 20% of voters that decide elections. The indpendents, the moderates, those that aren't blinded and brainwashed by the TV.

It's very true. It's just that they have often decided the elections in the very wrong direction.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Except it's only in the twenty percents for those to parties. There are more moderates/insependents that there are D/R.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

It's very true. It's just that they have often decided the elections in the very wrong direction.

How do you figure that out though. If you look at our past several presidents, we've got some Democrat and some republican. A good mix of both.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Except it's only in the twenty percents for those to parties. There are more moderates/insependents that there are D/R.

I think it's higher than 20...at least 30. Look on these boards. We should be the most independent voters there are with how we discuss stuff, but almost everyone on ATS is a die hard democrat or republican.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

How do you figure that out though. If you look at our past several presidents, we've got some Democrat and some republican. A good mix of both.

The Muslim Brotherhood was considered moderate for example.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   

By who's standards? Compared to what?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

By who's standards? Compared to what?

By their own standards.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That's exactly what I would have expected to be honest. We are OK as long as we vote your way.

I think you're tilting at windmills with this one.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Ted Bundy thought he was a great guy.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

That's exactly what I would have expected to be honest. We are OK as long as we vote your way.

I think you're tilting at windmills with this one.

Again, I mean by looking at history, not my own political views.

It might more "moderate" to ask for clarification instead of running to impugn my motives. It increasingly sounds like you guys could use a dose of your own advice.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Ted Bundy thought he was a great guy.

Sounds like a moderate to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I dont believe so. Its just that the narrative is guided and controlled by whoever runs media

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join