It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classic rock radio.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Led Zeppelin Taught Me To Annoy My Ex-Wife With The Song "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You."
I Kinda Changed The Lyrics To "Babe, I Don't Believe You." Say That Enough Times... And...
In Short... That Is When She Became My Ex.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
yeah radio doesn't know what their listeners want hence the reason it is dying.

Spotify or pandora blew radio out of the water.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You know why KISS is classic though? It's because their stuff is so darn repetitive that every song is brain worm. Everyone knows a KISS song because you can't forget them and you can sing to them because they're like one or two lines repeated over and over and over to some semi-catchy riff.

Their music sucks, but it sure does get stuck in your head.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It depends on what the station has a license to play, honestly. The station I listen to has a pretty good swath of tunes from the CR standards like Quiet Riot, Whitesnake, Ratt, Scorpions, Poison, Sammy Hagar, etc. And the big ones like Queen, Metallica, Motley Crue, Guns'N'Roses, KISS, etc, but it's not overdone. Nothing gets me pumped more than holding back on playing Skid Row or Twisted Sister or Slade more frequently and those being more of a treat when they do play.

Besides, when something like Cliffs of Dover does eventually play, it's an epic jam bordering on better than sex.

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: opethPA

You know why KISS is classic though? It's because their stuff is so darn repetitive that every song is brain worm. Everyone knows a KISS song because you can't forget them and you can sing to them because they're like one or two lines repeated over and over and over to some semi-catchy riff.

Their music sucks, but it sure does get stuck in your head.

Oh you
Here's my favorite KISS song

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
'Rocky Mountain Way' is not the only song Joe Walsh ever made.
Believe it or not.

"Funk 49" Joe and the James Gang...and "Meadows" as well..

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Zep have waaayyy better songs than STH ( that they mostly ripped from others, but ripped well nonetheless )

Hearing stairway gets the flick from me.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've heard far more broadcast programing on FM radio than I care to have. They play it at work, from country to pop to classic rock on a daily rotation. I've heard the same tunes so many times now, it all sucks to me now. I think that they are trying to torture us with that crap.

I despise iHeart Radio stations, it seems like 99% of the broadcast stations in my region are iHeart. There are a few independent stations, mostly Christian, and a couple of PBS ones, mostly classical or talk radio. I've been listening to AM as an alternative, I can pick up stations from all over the country, except it is basically sports/talk, but considering the alternative, it's fresh air.

I need to add to my mp3 collection for my own sanity, or get paid programing of some kind. I'll buy CDs if I have to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join