It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Don Lemon Tells Conservative Guest To Shut Up While Defending Democrat Mobs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Four men have been arrested and charged with inciting riots at last year's deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Benjamin Daley, Michael Miselis, Thomas Gillen and Cole White are part of the southern California-based Rise Above Movement, described by prosecutors as a white supremacist group.

www.bbc.com...

only these four were involved in other instances of violence..

The complaint said the men had previously attended rallies in Berkeley and Huntington Beach, where they are said to have attacked protesters.

as far as this allegation made by another poster:

The left has systematically pursued and threatened people and their families in their private lives.

Lenny Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, whose son Noah was killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012, said in the letter published in The Guardian that their family has "endured online, telephone, and in-person harassment, abuse, and death threats" from those who believe, in part because of content seen on Facebook, that the Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax. For years, they said, they have been living in hiding because their home address and videos of their house have continued to be posted online.

www.businessinsider.com...

Hogg addressed the accusations head-on, saying in an interview with CNN's Anderson Cooper, "I'm not a crisis actor.... I'm someone who had to witness this and live through this, and I continue to be having to do that."

The young activist's mother, who works as an elementary school teacher, told The Washington Post that her family has received multiple death threats. "I'm under so much stress," Rebecca Boldrick said. "I'm angry and exhausted. Angry, exhausted and extremely proud."

www.newsweek.com...

Braden Matejka survived a bullet to the head in the Las Vegas massacre. Then, the death threats started coming.

“You are a lying piece of # and I hope someone truly shoots you in the head,” a commenter wrote to Matejka on Facebook, one week after a gunman killed 58 people and injured hundreds more. “Your soul is disgusting and dark! You will pay for the consequences!” said another. A Facebook meme quickly spread with a photo of him after the shooting, captioned: “I’m a lying #!”

www.theguardian.com...

Brennan Gilmore, a counter-protester at the “Unite the Right” rally who had captured footage of the car attack that killed Heather Heyer, filed the lawsuit on Tuesday against Jones, Jim Hoft of the pro-Trump conspiracy site Gateway Pundit, and five others. After Gilmore posted video of the attack last August and spoke to the media, he quickly became the subject of viral conspiracy narratives falsely claiming he was a CIA or “deep state” agent who helped orchestrate the violence as part of a government operation.

www.theguardian.com...

Christine Blasey Ford still cannot move back home due to the “unending” death threats she’s received since she came forward with her allegations that Brett Kavanaugh assaulted her as a teenager, according to one of her attorneys.
theslot.jezebel.com...

oh, and that school I mentioned that had pro-life demonstrators chasing kids down the sidewalks...
on of those protesters was convicted of plotting to bomb an abortion clinic. and then went on to get arrested again, at the same clinic for disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer.

Two Rivers officials have good reason to worry. One of the protesters, Maryland resident Robert Weiler Jr., has a disturbing rap sheet: In 2006, at 26 years old, he pled guilty to plotting to bomb a College Park, Maryland, abortion clinic and shoot the doctors there. Following a tip from Weiler’s parents, police questioned Weiler, who admitted to possessing a homemade pipe bomb and a firearm he’d stolen from a friend. Weiler served five years in prison for those crimes, and was arrested again in 2014 for disorderly conduct and assaulting a police officer outside the same abortion clinic he’d planned to attack.

www.slate.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

gee, for some reason, I kind of think that if the protesters didn't break the laws sometimes...
we'd still be under british rule.
ya know, the boston tea party.
all those union strikes that resulted in better working conditions??
little rosa parks refusing to sit in the back of the bus... or stand, whichever it was.

no legislator was harmed being chased by a few women!!
matter of fact, those women's marches, along with the latest demonstration that was predominately women.... were pretty mild and non-violent. at least I haven't heard of anyone seriously injured, any major destruction.
And, I am pretty sure no legislature was threatened with physical violence!!

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Josef Goebbels 80 years ago channeling CNN: "Those Brownshirts were simply exercising their German Constitutional right to protest those Jewish shop owners. They were not a "mob", but concerned citizens voicing their opinions. The shop owners busted their own windows and painted star of David to try to garner sympathy from the press (which they own). If they hadn't been provoking Germans for so long this would have never happened to them. Their actions had consequences."

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: SlapMonkey

gee, for some reason, I kind of think that if the protesters didn't break the laws sometimes...
we'd still be under british rule.
ya know, the boston tea party.

Yes, I understand that, but one person's morally correct law breaking doesn't always mean that it's right, and when you are the one complaining about penalties for breaking the law when I didn't even bring it up, I fail to see why you're still arguing your side of this with me.

I agree that sometimes the tree of liberty needs to be quenched with the blood of tyrants, but breaking the law because you're a racist jackass or breaking the law because you think all women should be believed in sexual-assault allegations doesn't fall on the side of righteous reasons to me--nor on the side of logical reasoning, to be honest.

all those union strikes that resulted in better working conditions??
little rosa parks refusing to sit in the back of the bus... or stand, whichever it was.

Righteous reasons. Being overly taxed without representation is a righteous reason. Harriet Tubman broke the law for righteous reasons.

Are you seeing my point, here? Comparing the two groups in that meme to Rosa Parks is intellectually dishonest and really trivializes things like the civil rights movement.

no legislator was harmed being chased by a few women!!
matter of fact, those women's marches, along with the latest demonstration that was predominately women.... were pretty mild and non-violent. at least I haven't heard of anyone seriously injured, any major destruction.
And, I am pretty sure no legislature was threatened with physical violence!!

Neat facts:
    A. Harassment is illegal.

B. A threat, and even an assault, does not need to include physical violence to be against the law.

Again, though--nothing you have said negates my point nor really introduces anything worth much more consideration on my behalf, so I'm done here.
edit on 11-10-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you against trump and for the liberals in 2016?

Did you have a change of heart since then or am I wrong in my assumption?

I slightly recall getting into a disagreement with you at some point.

Anyway, just curious.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Geez , I didn't Realize Gay Black Guys had Balls............Hmm....

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth

Another word these vermin hijacked is 'liberal'.

Please stop referring to these illiberal authoritarian dirtbags as liberal. They are not and they don't speak for us.

I agree with this.

Also no body is calling for the government to seize control of production, so communist is a little over the top.

Also, just because we want everyone to have a chance at a good life, it doesn't mean we are rabid dogs...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: xuenchen

Wew, he really said that the constitution guarantees you the right to protest ANYWHERE, even in a restaurant!

Liberal logic is quite astounding!
What Lemon really means is that the liberals have a right to protest anywhere and that conservatives don’t. That’s what it boils down to.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Being a libertarian i often find that I am in disagreement with some aspects of either side of our two party system and yet there are also areas where I definitely do agree with one side over the other. The result is that both sides tend not to like or understand libertarian positions but for substantially different reasons. For example, while I favor small government which the Republicans generally support I also sense a great deal of push back from Democrats who typically favor "big government" (ie. taxes, regulations, bureaucracy, etc.) Its quite the opposite with social issues such as (LGBTQ+, abortion, minority issues, etc.) which usually engenders disfavor from Republicans but acceptance from Democrats. Essentially, a libertarian position can be summed up as believing that the government should stay out of our collective wallets as well as our collective bedrooms. As a result of this dichotomy I am not as invested in either side and tend to find it easier to note when one side is being true or not to its core beliefs as opposed to just embracing political expediency or worse...

Concerning the protests that are being characterized as "mobs" by the right... In principal I do agree with the liberal view that protest and civil disobedience does have a place in our system especially when our government oversteps and gets it wrong (which it often does). However, It does appear that the Left is currently goading their base towards actions that increasingly do not seem defensible and are seemingly occurring simply because they are not the party currently in power and need to activate their base prior to the midterm elections. The issue is a bit more complicated than what we are seeing on the surface though and there are undercurrents on each side that suggest that both the Hegelian dialectic (problem/reaction/solution) is at play as well as elements that have hijacked both party's (globalism vs. nationalism, military industrial complex - as warned about by both Eisenhower and Kennedy) and it gives me great concern that all is not as it appears on either side of the aisle notwithstanding all the current conspiracies (pedophilia, war with Syria followed by Iran, a "fake" alien invasion, etc.)

I don't think that the current political climate serves the interests of the people and that the progressive polarization being pushed on both sides over the last 40+ years ultimately will result in our system of government fracturing in ways that will likely dissolve our republic. If we do not attempt to suspend the vitriol and blanket opposition toward each party and give a voice to the moderates on either side of the aisle I fear that ultimately we are headed towards the inevitable: civil war...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Ironically, Google even changed the definition of fascism last year to protect ANTIFA rioters.

Google Redefines The Word ‘Fascism’ To Smear Conservatives, Protect Liberal Rioters

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Bitchslap CNN Don Lemonhead

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: badwhiskey

You can thank George Soros who is one behind this civil war. Soros lawyers were also behind the hit on Kavanaugh.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   
You nailed it - this is the Democrat party of the 1860's.
They've turned towards violence and their charade is over. They no longer care about everyone knowing how disgusting they are. Have lost the argument, violence and hate is all they have left.
It's the same issue that has triggered them - the thought of losing ownership of black people.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul
Also, just because we want everyone to have a chance at a good life, it doesn't mean we are rabid dogs...

Oh yeah. Everyone! Except Conservatives, Republicans. They should get harassed and have their property destroyed.

Do you actually believe the BS you write?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Democrat mobs are a Republican fiction intended to rile up the Republican base. They do not exist. But if you are looking for what is dividing the country, look no further than Team Trump.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Democrat mobs are a Republican fiction intended to rile up the Republican base. They do not exist. But if you are looking for what is dividing the country, look no further than Team Trump.

😃ROFLOL😃

"Get back to work !!"

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa

Apparently you have not watched much TV News the past 60 days?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I’m sorry but this is hillarious to me! Both the right and the left are pointing fingers at each other saying “You’re trying to destroy free speech!!”

The funny thing is both sides think they are right when in actuality both sides are trying to shut up the other side. All of you are guilty.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
is this the example of GOP civility??

just wondering here... sounds rather violent to me!!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
so let's see here....
a bunch of pro-lifers gather in front of planned parenthood clinics and shout horrible things to the women who dare enter their doors... heck, they've even harassed the people at schools and playgrounds, chased little children down the sidewalk as they walked home from school....
but that is not a mob. and they weren't being authoritarian dirtbags when they told that school that they would keep harassing them till the school pick up their cause and fought to not have the planned parenthood that was being built across the street from their school.

and oh no, that angry bunch of predominately white guys that descended into charlottesville from the four corners of the US and beyond touting their guns and torches and left one dead and many seriously injured wasn't a mob, they were just using their free speech! and they weren't being authoritarian dirtbags when they raised hell in the city over a decision that the city made over a statue in their city park... a decision that they had every right and authority to make... and as they left, they promised to return, hoping that the pressure of having the chaos descend on the city again would detour them from carrying out their decision and not removing that statue..

And of course, it's all oh so wrong that a group of people started a go fund me page with the expressed intent of raising funds for Collin's opponent if she accepted Kav for the supreme court....
but it's okay for a right wing pack full of dark money to shell out over a million dollars to air a special thank you to air for voting for him!! add that to a few others strands of dark money and she well over the measly three million that those little people brought in!!

and, oh no, that tow truck driver was perfectly within his rights to hear God's voice tell him to leave the disabled lady at the side of the road in her disabled car and go home...
but for a restaurant to refuse service to little Sarah??? oh, the horror!!!
for a small group of people to heckle a republican representative in a restaurant.... oh, the horror!!!

and just look at all those angry women who were in the halls of congress, trapping those high ranking men, and a few women in elevators, chasing them down the halls, demanding to be listened to!! outside on the streets across the nation really, sitting in the lap of lady liberty and pounding on the doors of the supreme court!! ya, that's the most dangerous mob of all!!! but, how many were seriously injured?? how many were killed?? or, is the reason why all of a sudden they are dangerous mobs that our elected officials are finally getting the heat that they felt wasn't worth addressing when we were directing the heat at each other and they felt shielded and protected from it?
but, no, they are dangerous, a threat to national security even... "LOCK HER UP!!! LOCK HER UP!!! LOCK THEM ALL UP!!!"
due process and innocent till proven guilty is only relevant when it comes to those on our side!

it blows my mind that yous can't see just how yous are just as hypocritical, just as authoritarian, just as much dirtbags, as you are claiming the liberals of being!!!!

if they don't want the people of this nation chasing them through the halls of congress, outside of the white house shouting, in the streets... then may I suggest that they convince trump to stay home for awhile instead of having rallies just about everyday of the week and adding fuel to a fire that is so close to burning out of control!!!

You are whining about the 1000 white supremacist scum in C-ville? Antifa can gather 10000 communists to burn stuff and cause chaos in Portland in a week. Doesn't take 6 months of advertising like the nazis needed.

Which is the bigger threat I wonder?

Let's not forget that the leader of the C-ville mob was a far left Obama supporting activist a year before. Yeah that doesn't sound like a plant at all smdh.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join