It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged over US mid-term elections '200lb bomb plot'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Sounds off to me.
like the government! made this up.
who makes a big bomb to kill and tells his friends?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

He's getting the manure form somewhere...

I simply have a hard time with bigoted, self-righteous people who seem to value themselves over others. All they typically do is produce far more carbon dioxide than they're worth, then spend time complaining about it. I put Westboro Baptist Church into that same category.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I have only seen one regular poster on this board that applauds the arrest and incarceration of people based on their political beliefs and that same person has talked about the violent death of political opponents.... It wasn't your average conservative that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
An M67 frag has 6.5 ounces of comp B explosive.
It is a bad mammy-jammy.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Don't sweat precious im here....step away from the window and go back to sleep

This is beautiful

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Quadrivium

I don't watch CNN.

Try again.

MSNBC?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Choosing candidates at random is how Cortez won...

No.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
There's no way for the EU and for the nazi royals and nobility running the show in the EU, to affect the US mid-term elections ... not even with large bombs ...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ITT: A thread about some nutjob who wanted to commit a terrorist attack in support of some bizarre political theory, has instead become a discussion about the leftist mobs. Something is wrong with you people. Because terrorism is limited to the left amirite?

EDIT: I retract the above after reading the thread again because I can see how this came up. Read the next couple of posts. But I've left it there for the record.

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TrueBrit

Question? How many head of cattle do you have? I assume you own and operate a large ranch in order to be capable of shoveling that much bovine excrement per post.

Honestly, your post reminds me of what someone might write who spends their spare time pulling the wings off flies and laughing at them. Sorry, I'm not a fly, and I don't have wings; go spread your filthy hateful diatribes to someone who cares.

TheRedneck

If you dislike someone's post that much to the point where you cannot respond with a rational thought, perhaps don't write 3-4 sentences on what amounts to a gigantic insult. Especially if you don't (your words) "care". You do care. Maybe it triggered you and you cannot come up with a rational thought? I don't know. I enjoyed reading it. It didn't break T&C's. And half the time things are responded to, it doesn't mean that it's because they want specifically you to change your mind or care, but rather they want everyone else to see the discussion.

I encourage TrueBrit to keep replying, I enjoy reading it.

It's amazing that in one sentence you can talk about civil unrest, then the next you shout down anyone who disagrees.

Will you shout down me too?
edit on 14/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

I was responding to a post that was celebrating violence against others. No, I do not agree with that, and yes, I will condemn that... openly and vocally. If you enjoy reading about how people should hurt others, then I suggest you consider your own issues.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I was responding to a post that was celebrating violence against others.

I can only see how one sentence or two in several paragraphs could be interpreted that way. He was mainly stating that civil unrest or even terrorism is expected due to Trumps behavior.

I can see how changing behavior due to the threat of violence in the pursuit of political goals is the definition of terrorism. I've noticed this sort of thing before on ATS (perhaps something can be done about it) and it can cause further division.

But it's hard to deny that Trump (not just Trump, you pointed out others too including liberals) is divisive and the more divided the people become, the more likely some get pushed to the extremes.

An interesting dilemma. Might actually make a good thread.
edit on 14/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: C0bzz

I saw an entire post devoted to the celebration of violence. And I responded by denouncing it. I stand by that. Violence is only acceptable to defend oneself against violence.... anything more is morally reprehensible, as is an attempt to excuse violence because of political agendas.

There are already numerous threads on the increasing violence in the US. Just pull up the recent threads page and you'll likely find plenty. I even made one here denouncing an assumed right-wing threat against Diane Feinstein. Tell me, how many posts have you made denouncing left-wing violence? There seems to be plenty of instances for you to choose from.

That bias is the issue. If it''s wrong for one to do it, it's wrong for anyone to do it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Wrong again.

I don't get my news by way of single sources. I absorb information from sources all over the world, and all different view points, and analyse the
totality of the reportage, and indeed information not from media sources that plays into a given situation, and assess a given premise by way of that totality of information.

Single sourcing is invalid. Examining the totality of the information in existence, is the only way to assess a given situation in a manner which has a hope of concluding with accurate and realistic observations.

That means that I see sources which include left and right wing media outlets, both alternative and mainstream, sources from the English speaking world, and from outside it, and my analyses of things reported in the news is, as a result, not biased by way of being filtered through a limited number of sources with particular leanings.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I saw an entire post devoted to the celebration of violence.

I don't see it. In good faith, can you please point it out and explain it to me?

Tell me, how many posts have you made denouncing left-wing violence? There seems to be plenty of instances for you to choose from.

That thread didn't seem to me like it was about denouncing violence. Instead the first sentence was: "It seems the recent slate of violence from the left has reached the other side", then the last was "if we can get similar treatment for conservatives who are threatened and harassed... ". So it seems that it was really about claiming that the left commits the majority of violence and gets away with it, whilst demanding that this stops, whilst being under the guise of being denouncing right-wing violence. The first reply to the thread with 39 stars confirms this by simply replying "bingo" to the last sentence.

And if you scroll down to the 10th reply, then there's this "gem". Of course when questioned, they claimed it was a joke. lol, right, still problematic, then they claimed it was an impression of the far-right. Kudos to the members that called them out.

For the record, I am concerned the actions the small number of extreme elements of society can have on the rest of us. Not by what they do to us directly, the justice system mostly works, but rather, because of what they goad us into doing, either when their antics are used for political points or in misguided efforts to protect ourselves. I am also concerned about the spread of fake news and mass manipulation. Thus, I am a proponent of providing information that is as high quality as possible, and fostering sound decision making and/or discussion on our part.

I am not here to be outraged at what some nutjob has done or to make you guys outraged too (yes I did just assume your gender). That's why I don't usually create new threads on left wing violence or right wing violence, plenty do that already, instead I comment on peoples responses to issues or directly on fake news. This also has the benefit in that I can actually engage with people directly, rather than comment on someone that I will never be able to converse with. Anyway, since most here are conservative, that may come across as though I am doing it simply because I am a leftist.

I am a leftist. See the sig, it's mostly true. And yes I have biases - we all do. But that's not why I am here. And, I comment and create threads mainly on defense issues, because I love weapons of warfare, not political issues. Joined this site when I was conservative way back. Anyway, I am genuinely trying to understand your reaction to TrueBrit, I thought you were being entirely unreasonable and simply political at first, but now I feel there may be something for me to learn about your position and/or find and eliminate bias within myself, because if what you are saying is true regarding it being a celebration of violence, then I should have picked up on it, no? Given the rest of this post I hope you can see why I feel this is important.
edit on 19/10/18 by C0bzz because: clarification

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join