It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged over US mid-term elections '200lb bomb plot'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Quadrivium

Has the FBI been investigated yet for possibly setting this guy up and then catching him?

They do like to manufacture terrorists so as to catch them later....just in time.

The guy was sending texts to the wrong number, the "wrong number" got concerned and contacted the authorities.

Just watched a segment on Fox.

So the only reason he got caught was because he fat-fingered a text.

Scary.

Yeah that's very scary. I know things have gotten out of control, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of this being manufactured never crossed my mind when I read the OP. Not necessarily by the government though. This could have been a guy that wanted to send a message by ALMOST pulling it off, and sent that text on purpose. Or he could be apolitical and just wanting to kill any and all political people. Either way, a 200 pound bomb would be a massive explosion and I don't think this story should be peddled by the media very long because it'll just give some other lunatic the idea.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: TheRedneck

Cold war was easy, we knew who the bad guys were and where the threat was coming from, now a days we have no clue where its coming from.

Back then they still had rules, yea they threatened the end of the world but by in large you had lines you didn't cross, now adays it seems like anything goes, Kind of like the difference between the mob and the drug king pins.

Scary times.

The biggest difference is that our enemies were 5,500 miles away from us during the Cold War. Today we walk past them on the street or work next to them at our job. That's what makes it so dangerous.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How does this

They say he wanted to draw attention to his belief in "sortition" - a political theory that advocates the random selection of government officials.

Have anything to do with clinton, obama, or trump?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Politically-motivated violence.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I agree it is political, but to me the attack appears to target the government in general and no particular ideology. A loon railing against "the system" is vastly different than the person who shot up republicans at the baseball game last year.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I don't watch CNN.

Try again.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Agreed.

I was responding to TrueBrit's ridiculousness.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The lunatics have turned your country into the middle east.

christ....

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

is he her brother or her uncle?

... actually, don't answer that.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You are talking out of your rear end.

The things Obama did wrong have to do with his refusal to outright end intervention in foreign lands, on the basis that the initial intervention in the Middle East and North African regions, was under false pretenses, and was done for profit and for no other actual reason, AND the fact that the organisations that the military were after, were actually assets of the United States intelligence infrastructure, NOT foreign funded groups with designs on destroying America, but puppets of America from the beginning, and still reliant on involvement of the CIA and the allies of America, in their day to day ability to run at all.

The things Obama did wrong, have to do with all those times he should have been putting a bootheel across the necks of the captains of industry, and squeezing out of those pieces of raw effluent, a fair shake for employees, rather than permitting the stagnation of wages. Obama presided over a total lack of effective response to the banking crisis too.

And its also worth pointing out, that unlike the bloviating sack of vomit you regressives elected, Obama only had any actual power to get anything done for at most a couple of months, because unlike the Republicans, the Democrats during the Obama administration had, in all the years of his presidency, a couple of months at most without the Republicans blocking EVERY move he made for the betterment of the people, and the union, including his efforts to see Guantanamo shuttered, among many other things.

The man wasn't perfect, and he did some crap that frankly appalls me, but at no time did he tell the people of his country that it was ok to discriminate, ok to abandon decorum, that you could be a pervert or a fascist and that these things were ok, and then sit back and watch the fur fly. There is only one person who has done that, and that person is the animated lump of congealed bile who currently presides over your nation. You are trying to compare apples to a pile of rotting animal flesh.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: BigDave-AR

That's a view that belongs to a period prior to the election as leader, of a man who favours the every man for himself approach, and the total demolition of decorum and standards of etiquette.

Those who voted Trump, created a scenario in which the political correctness that kept people from thinking "This talking thing is not working any more, better act instead", is now frowned upon. This is the inevitable result.

You've wished death on trump supporters, now you say this is the inevitable result of it.

smdh

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

People are responsible for their own behaviour. And Trumps behaviour is something he has never been held to account for, either in his life in general, or as President. If you want to call out Maxine Waters for any reason, you need to call out Trump for his entire election campaign and presidency, because his very presence is incitement to riot, never mind the crap he has said the effort to normalise hate which he has been involved in since his candidacy was announced, which you know deep down inside you, but fail to admit to. That is something you will have to take responsibility for at some stage.

And if you expect people to feel sorry for the Sarah Sanders, a woman who REPEATEDLY lies to the population and the media about the facts of things, purely to make her boss look less like a mentally incompetent mafia don, in control of a large and totally malfunctional family of fascist apologist scum, or feel sorry for Ted Cruz FOR ANY REASON, then you are pissing in the wind.

Why?

Because this atmosphere is not related to what came before Trump. Its related to the total collapse of standards and ethics that his election represents, and will only deepen in its toxicity until he and his entire support base are kicked out of politics and kept away from making decisions on anyones behalf but their own.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

Yes, the inevitable result of fascism being alive and well, is that decent people will wish to kill it.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yes, the inevitable result of fascism being alive and well, is that decent people will wish to kill it.

Well, seeing as you are the fascist.....

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Fascism isn't alive and well.

Saying so just waters down the word.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Question? How many head of cattle do you have? I assume you own and operate a large ranch in order to be capable of shoveling that much bovine excrement per post.

Honestly, your post reminds me of what someone might write who spends their spare time pulling the wings off flies and laughing at them. Sorry, I'm not a fly, and I don't have wings; go spread your filthy hateful diatribes to someone who cares.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Execution with his own bomb seems more apt imao.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Stating the obvious.

A 200 pound bomb.

He'd a needed help to move it.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: TrueBrit

Question? How many head of cattle do you have? I assume you own and operate a large ranch in order to be capable of shoveling that much bovine excrement per post.

Honestly, your post reminds me of what someone might write who spends their spare time pulling the wings off flies and laughing at them. Sorry, I'm not a fly, and I don't have wings; go spread your filthy hateful diatribes to someone who cares.

TheRedneck

bravo
that one has no cattle
imo the saltyness comes from a lack of material success that gets blamed on everyone else
people love free stuff until they are the ones who have to pay for it

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Stating the obvious.

A 200 pound bomb.

He'd a needed help to move it.

he hadn't seemed to work that part of the plan out yet......

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join