It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man charged over US mid-term elections '200lb bomb plot'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Not even mean. Just not politically correct. Much of his meanness is either taken out of context snippets, or reports from a third party of him saying things.

Mean would be actions and not just words. Trump doesn't act mean, he just speaks crudely.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You are right; I stand corrected. Politically incorrect, and taken out of context.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
All signs still point to a civil war.

The left is already utilizing mob violence and harassment.

If the right joins in or respond in kind then... it basically is a civil war.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sorry mate you are off again, the previous administration if I said I didn't like the President Obama administration I was often called racist, even though his skin color had nothing to do with it.

If I said I was against the Patriot Act (for the Bush administration) I was called unamerican and I didnt care about the security of the nation, even though I was active duty at the time.

The division in this nation has been building for some time.

EDIT TO ADD: Forgot, under Clinton as a Veteran Reno essentialy saying I was more likely to be a domestic terrorist.

edit on 11-10-2018 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No it doesn't.

Look here. Prior administrations messed up financially, morally, and technically on lots of occasions. But none of them, not a one, not a single one, contributed to the dissolution of basic respect. No American President in living memory, has run on the notion that being rude to people, denying people their rights, taking steps backwards in terms of equality and decency towards ones common man, is a good idea.

Trump and his hangers on, those who support him materially, those who supported him with their votes, those who support him as his administration, are no longer and will never again be, part of a polite, even tempered debate space, or indeed a nation which values the notions of decorum and good conduct. They advocated and won for themselves, a safe space to be cretins in, and the thing will come home to roost eventually. Its a matter of time before the death of political correctness in the backwater they are creating, will come to bite them in the arse, and when they complain, they will have not a leg to stand on.

They have GUARANTEED that violence and force will replace the political correctness and politeness that used to be the norm, by making polite conversation impossible and normalising total disrespect.

I have to ask where you were during all the riots of the past administration. From the very start he was sowing the seeds of division throughout the US (See Beer Summit).
In every situation, right or wrong, he would take the side to cause the most division, turning people against police and such for the entire 8 years he was in office....... and you say Trump started this atmosphere we see today????
Switch CNN off and take a break.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Thus far, the mobs and riots are limited to left-leaning areas of the country. They're in their "safe zones." If their actions have no consequences, they will become bolder and venture forth into more conservative areas, and that will be when the shooting starts. Once that line is crossed, there is no stopping it.

At that point, may God help us all.

It seems that this may be our destiny... too many have forgotten what war is. Perhaps it's time to repeat the lessons we failed to learn from history.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Rand Paul could be right.

Be extra careful who you talk to about candidates.

🥁

Then terrorists win.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I live maybe 45 minutes, an hour, north of Austin in the "Centroplex" area of Texas. One thing I know for sure it Austin folks would get enormous pushback right on the edge of their town. Its a very liberal town surrounded by an enormous amount of very stoic conservatives. The further north you get, towards Killeen, the more conservative it gets.

Most of the riots and whatnot will stay in the cities. At least until the next pres election. They already have dismissed us as 'nobody" when they point out that "nobody lives out there...why does it get any electoral votes". If things go similarly, they could possibly take action. But it wouldn't end well. "Nobody" is usually well armed and often a little crazy.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

This should be a major ordeal in my opinion. The saddest part, however, is that I'm not even slightly surprised and I feel like I should be. Damn.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

All it takes is one person to light the fuse.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Remember what happened in Charlottesville. It's similar, a left-leaning town surrounded by conservative country. That was an attempt by the left to flex their muscles in a not-so-safe zone, and it went pretty badly.

I know the area you're talking about. If the violence leaves Austin, it will make Charlottesville look like a family gathering.

I'm also seeing issues in places like Atlanta and Montgomery... they fall into the same category. This is getting real.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Has the FBI been investigated yet for possibly setting this guy up and then catching him?

They do like to manufacture terrorists so as to catch them later....just in time.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No it doesn't.

Look here. Prior administrations messed up financially, morally, and technically on lots of occasions. But none of them, not a one, not a single one, contributed to the dissolution of basic respect. No American President in living memory, has run on the notion that being rude to people, denying people their rights, taking steps backwards in terms of equality and decency towards ones common man, is a good idea.

Trump and his hangers on, those who support him materially, those who supported him with their votes, those who support him as his administration, are no longer and will never again be, part of a polite, even tempered debate space, or indeed a nation which values the notions of decorum and good conduct. They advocated and won for themselves, a safe space to be cretins in, and the thing will come home to roost eventually. Its a matter of time before the death of political correctness in the backwater they are creating, will come to bite them in the arse, and when they complain, they will have not a leg to stand on.

They have GUARANTEED that violence and force will replace the political correctness and politeness that used to be the norm, by making polite conversation impossible and normalising total disrespect.

Yeah whatever dude. I guess you were asleep from 2007 to 2016 when this country began imploding. Anyone who can overlook the division caused under Obama and blame it directly on Trump has lost any credibility they may have once had. Your posts are meaningless and worthless.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Has the FBI been investigated yet for possibly setting this guy up and then catching him?

They do like to manufacture terrorists so as to catch them later....just in time.

The guy was sending texts to the wrong number, the "wrong number" got concerned and contacted the authorities.

Just watched a segment on Fox.

So the only reason he got caught was because he fat-fingered a text.

Scary.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Absolutely 110% agree... That guy HAD to have been sleeping from '07 to '16. A junior Rip Van Winkle is among us.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wow. I hope he didnt build his own bomb with those fat fingers....I dont buy it really. Who knows. At least a bomb didnt hurt people.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

One digit away from catastrophe...

I honestly don't know which was worse... living through the Cold War and MAD, or living today with the loonies running the asylum, waiting for that one to get through...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The good guys have to be lucky 100% of the time.

All it takes is for one nut to get lucky once.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I live maybe 45 minutes, an hour, north of Austin in the "Centroplex" area of Texas. One thing I know for sure it Austin folks would get enormous pushback right on the edge of their town. Its a very liberal town surrounded by an enormous amount of very stoic conservatives. The further north you get, towards Killeen, the more conservative it gets.

Most of the riots and whatnot will stay in the cities. At least until the next pres election. They already have dismissed us as 'nobody" when they point out that "nobody lives out there...why does it get any electoral votes". If things go similarly, they could possibly take action. But it wouldn't end well. "Nobody" is usually well armed and often a little crazy.

This is why I love living on the outskirts of a 3 square mile town with a population of 700. God help ANYBODY coming here to protest. We had an ammo plant bunker "explode" back in 2012 and the main part of the town was evacuated for a week. Some stayed behind while the federal government investigated (nobody thinks it was an accidental explosion but that's what they told us). Anyways, we had some stragglers thinking that would be the perfect time to break into some empty houses. One of the houses they chose to break into was a house belonging to an elderly couple. Three men knocked on the door at 1 in the morning, as the wife walked to the front door to see who it was, she heard them trying to get into the back door. Their plan was to knock, see if anyone answered, and then break in if no answer. Being elderly, it took her a minute so they thought the house was empty. To their surprise, while waiting on their buddy to get through the back door, he instead met a bullet to the neck from this 80 year old woman.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Cold war was easy, we knew who the bad guys were and where the threat was coming from, now a days we have no clue where its coming from.

Back then they still had rules, yea they threatened the end of the world but by in large you had lines you didn't cross, now adays it seems like anything goes, Kind of like the difference between the mob and the drug king pins.

Scary times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join