It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(POLITICS) U.N. to Register Every Baby Born

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The campaign, called "Write me down, make me real," is backed by UNICEF and calls on governments to record the estimated 48 million children whose births go unregistered each year.

Sixteen years ago, the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child told countries to register every baby immediately after birth. Every nation has ratified the convention except two, the U.S. and Somalia

www.worldnetdaily.com
Desmond Tutu launches global campaign, claiming unlisted children 'nonentities'

Posted: February 23, 2005
4:23 p.m. Eastern

The United Nations is supporting a new campaign urging governments around the world to register every newborn child, and it's getting help from South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu.

''It is, in a very real sense, a matter of life and death,'' the Nobel Peace Prize winner said at a New York news conference. ''The unregistered child is a nonentity. The unregistered child does not exist. How can we live with the knowledge that we could have made a difference?''

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

"Governments worldwide are failing the world's children, as millions of youngsters without a birth certificate find it very difficult to prove their age or nationality," said Thomas Miller, Plan's chief executive. "Children without birth certificates are far more likely to find themselves without access to education, health care, civil rights or inheritance laws.

"And parents whose children go missing during disasters like the tsunami or because they are abducted by traffickers may even be unable to get help with tracing their sons or daughters because they cannot prove the age of their children – or in many cases that their children even exist."

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Bourgeoisie]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, for those who have a vested intrest in NWO theory, this will scream at them. This is a double edge sword. If you believe in any shadow gove consperacy, this could very well be a catalog of the human race for them to use to further thier agenda. The most dangerous person is one you dont know exist.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This is typical big brother going on here. Im not suprised by this news, it seems something that would be done to push the new world order movement closer to completion

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My knee jerk reaction to this story was "More government control! Control! Control!" but listening to the reasoning behind it and thinking about it makes me think this actually is for the benefit of children, who in later life do have difficulties if they do not have a birth certificate and can't be officially identified.

That makes me realise though, it now seems no one can really be "free" in this world anymore, not unless you want to pay the consequences anyway. It's pretty sad really.

Now, as for what Big Brother is really getting up to with ID cards and what not...why don't they just stick a leech up my arse?!?!

top topics

join