It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Trump Campaign Says Exploiting Hacked Emails Is Free Speech

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Big court case in the making as the Trump Campaign is claiming that publishing stolen material (like emails) is OK per the 1st Amendment !!

Some Democrats are suing because the DNC emails were printed and published !!

The claim is: it doesn't matter who stole em 😎

Those goofy googly giggly eyed Democrats should have thought about before they did it.

Now they found out what was in it didn't they 😃

Rumors that Kavanaugh is hoping this gets before the Supreme Court 🍻

Debbie Wasserman Schultz says there will be consequences !! 😁

Bwaaaeeeehhhh eh eh eh eh 🎃

The Trump Campaign Says Exploiting Hacked Emails Is Free Speech

In a motion to dismiss a new lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump’s campaign team of illegally conspiring with Russian agents to disseminate stolen emails during the election, Trump campaign lawyers have tried out a new defense: free speech.

The lawsuit, filed last month by two donors and one former employee of the Democratic National Committee, alleges that the Trump campaign, along with former Trump adviser Roger Stone, worked with Russia and WikiLeaks to publish hacked DNC emails, thereby violating their privacy.

But the Trump campaign—represented by Jeffrey Baltruzak, Michael A. Carvin, Nikki L. McArthur, and Vivek Suri, all of the law firm Jones Day—responded in a brief filed Tuesday that the campaign can’t be held legally responsible for WikiLeaks’s publication of the DNC emails.

"it's all for the common good"

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In a motion to dismiss a new lawsuit accusing President Donald Trump’s campaign team of illegally conspiring with Russian agents to disseminate stolen emails during the election, Trump campaign lawyers have tried out a new defense: free speech.

So, they did it, but Free Speech? They don't have an "innocent" argument?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

link   

I am all for getting all the dirty laundry on both sides of the aisle out there for all to see. "We the People" deserve the uncensored truth because it is OUR Government.

link   

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

They are saying that once it is in the public domain then using it is free speech.

To help you, simply remember the last 345434433433 leaks the Democrats have done to use in the public domain.

Now, the leak itself is illegal, not that a liberal would care about legalities if it gets in the way of getting what they want.

However, once it is in the public domain using it is just exercising your free speech right.

Hope that helped you...

edit on 10-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well at least this lawsuit is confirmation that the emails were in fact theirs.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

but if gop emails leak... big problems...even an internal 'coup' is suggested ...

we all remember how trump 'loved' Wikileaks...but not so much now.

this is the same thing different context.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

They are saying that once it is in the public domain then using it is free speech.

That's not what the lawsuit is accusing them of. If it were public domain issues, then all the news outlets and websites that published the stolen documents would also be indicated. But the accusations is specific. It accused "President Donald Trump’s campaign team of illegally conspiring with Russian agents to disseminate stolen emails during the election".

They aren't claiming "innocence" to the charges. They're saying they had the right to do it through the 1st Amendment.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That's not what the lawsuit is accusing them of. If it were public domain issues, then all the news outlets and websites that published the stolen documents would also be indicated. But the accusations is specific. It accused "President Donald Trump’s campaign team of illegally conspiring with Russian agents to disseminate stolen emails during the election".

They aren't claiming "innocence" to the charges. They're saying they had the right to do it through the 1st Amendment.

lol

]]]]]]]]]]]]]

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They are also not admitting to anything either, just that free speech is being invoked.

The DNC will need to PROVE beyond any doubt that Trump's campaign "conspired" with the Russians and Wikileaks to make it happen.

That will be next to impossible to prove.

You should rather than hope for something bad to happen to Trump, get used to LOSING in that regard, because Trump will always win against any evil the DNC comes up with.

You should know that by now.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So they're accusing them of 'conspiring' with Russians to spread information that's already available to anyone who wanted to google for it?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

So they're accusing them of 'conspiring' with Russians to spread information that's already available to anyone who wanted to google for it?

That's not exactly what they're saying.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah, I don't know about this lawsuit's validity or timing. In my opinion it's too early. Everyone should wait for the end of the Mueller investigation.

I just think their defense is ironic and desperate.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

lol

]]]]]]]]]]]]]

lollol

link   

Those goofy googly giggly eyed Democrats should have thought about before they did it.

Can you explain what your point is here?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yeah, I don't know about this lawsuit's validity or timing. In my opinion it's too early. Everyone should wait for the end of the Mueller investigation.

I just think their defense is ironic and desperate.

Perhaps they are just mocking the DNC by coming up with these responses? Free speech is the perfect troll response, and if the rolls were reversed, something the DNC would use as an excuse, judging by the pathetic excuses they have used in the past for "get out of jail free" cards.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

Can you explain what your point is here?

Sure but I won't because it won't do any good.

What exactly needs "explaining" anyway ?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't know why people are having a hard time to get this. Hack and/or steal emails is against the law. Disseminate public domain documents is not.

What's so hard to understand? I thought you guys were all up for transparency, accountability and stuff...

Just kidding, I know you are not, unless it benefits your party.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join