It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Michael so bad Waffle House closes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You know the stuff is ready to hit the fan when the Waffle House closes.
This is getting serious folks!

www.cbsnews.com...

Hurricane Michael is so bad that some Waffle House locations in Florida have closed

This is not meant to be funny, but more of a ~whoaaa. Anyone that has lived in the South, knows one thing, Waffle Houses don't close.
Sending out good thoughts, vibes and hope everyone in the area stays safe! Anyone that lives in the region, let us know how you are doing.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Everything is getting all scattered and smothered..

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Yup they think its going to be pretty bad, (I will admit I was wrong) but there is no doubt they will be the first people back on the ground with locations open and serving food after the danger has passed.

Their disaster preparedness plan is second to none in the restaurant business.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Waffle House closing is the first sign of Armageddon.
We're Doomed.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Michael is what Florence was not.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Looks like a pattern was formed.

šŸ’„šŸ”¦šŸ’„

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yep. SC EMD has been activated and we go live tonight around 9 pm. Looks like a long night for me... but I love it! (Just not the damage and loss of life) Everyone in the path of this storm, Michael, be careful and be safe.
edit on 10-10-2018 by NightFlight because: fat fingers strike again!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
You know the stuff is ready to hit the fan when the Waffle House closes.
This is getting serious folks!

www.cbsnews.com...

Hurricane Michael is so bad that some Waffle House locations in Florida have closed

This is not meant to be funny, but more of a ~whoaaa. Anyone that has lived in the South, knows one thing, Waffle Houses don't close.
Sending out good thoughts, vibes and hope everyone in the area stays safe! Anyone that lives in the region, let us know how you are doing.

Yeah, an area is seriously screwed if the Waffle House closes. They NEVER close.

The restaurant chain is even used by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as an indicator of the extent to which a community is affected by a storm. A metric called the "Waffle House Index" indicates which restaurant locations remain open or close, or offer full or limited menus. That's used to assess how well an area will recover from a natural disaster.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yep was working on a disaster preparedness plan for school year and a half ago and stumbled upon the waffle house plan, its nuts how invested they are in this, but also should be seen as a shining beacon that not every big company is a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yep was working on a disaster preparedness plan for school year and a half ago and stumbled upon the waffle house plan, its nuts how invested they are in this, but also should be seen as a shining beacon that not every big company is a bad thing.

What it shows is how inefficient government is compared to the private sector and big companies are not inherently bad.

For example, after a disaster, Wal-Mart is often able to provide better logistics and emergency support than FEMA getting supplies to the needy.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
They should all be closed anyway. When I was living in NC me and friends went there after a long night. The cook didn't feel like cooking at 3 am( a bit tipsy), so no joke we cooked our own food in the kitchen.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
They should all be closed anyway. When I was living in NC me and friends went there after a long night. The cook didn't feel like cooking at 3 am( a bit tipsy), so no joke we cooked our own food in the kitchen.

That is what makes Waffle House so good! Nasty ass restaurant with the ugliest waitresses anywhere. Water downed coffee. However, it is what you need and crave at midnight after a night of clubbing or a late night road trip.

Waffle House is an institution in the south. They are glorious. I've literally seen them on BOTH SIDES of a highway to get people regardless of direction they are traveling.

Being from the south, Waffle House would be on my Top 5 list of things I miss that I can't find in Chicago.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

No doubt, even better is Knife and Fork

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah I ate at a waffle house during
Tornadic weather once!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Pack it up. It's over, Florida is done. No Waffle House, no Florida.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I bellied up at IHOP at 3 this morning.
Garshk bless butter-pecan syrup.
Yeah, it's a little windy.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dat sh$ts is wack!! Where Iā€™m Getz domes chicken n waffles B??

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Been to dozens if not over a hundred Waffle House restaurants over the years...When I first moved out as a teenager there was one across the street lol and was there more often than my apartment.There are some okay ones and some that are god awful. Definitely a shining beacon after a night of drinking and partying. No better place though when you are on a long
over night or early morning drive or when the weather sucks or when you just dont want to cook in the morning. Great place to go when you are up early and on a trip to your favorite tree stand. They are doing something right even seeing them pop up in some rather posh neighborhoods.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Interesting phenomenon, Waffle House. That, and the Waffle House Index (which I knew about, was actually going to mention it if no one else had already).

I can honestly say though, I've never been to Waffle House. Driven by a few thousand of them in my life, but never been inside one. No particular reason really, just never have been. Usually opted for the Moons Over MyHammy at Denny's instead (love those).

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It seems like a good thing that they did close and no one attempted to hunker down there.
A massive pole fell right across the place.
www.actionnewsjax.com...

On some news feeds I read folks saying how sad they are as PCB is their vacation spot and it leaves me with mixed emotions. I vacation there as well but, also have friends and family in the area and feel sad for anyone who suffers through these types of tragedies regardless of where in the world or if it IS a prime vacation locale or not. People's homes and livelihoods are ruined.
Sorry for my mini rant!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join