It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi from Indiana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATS people. I'm Brywilson2.

Some background on me:
I'm 52, married, live in the North Central Indiana town of Peru. I do have a college degree in general IT but I deliver pizzas for a living because there are so few IT jobs around here and delivering pizzas actually pays better than most professional jobs if you do it full time.

I've got a few threads on here already. I've been a member for quite some time, Feel free to check them out, comment on them, or just say hi.

I enjoy the variety of topics and viewpoints on here.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

Welcome to ATS. I had to smile at the IT - pizza delivery transition. I too used to work in IT and noticed that the jobs were often temporary (1 or 2 years max) or you had to work for a IT service provider that serviced multiple customers, on location. I don't work in IT any more, needless to say.

I would look into pizza delivery but here (I forget the name) but they have this Uber-like food delivery service which seems to be staffed by young people. They are often delivered using a bicycle. I don't like bicycles.

See you around!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Welcome Brywilson. Enjoy your time on the forums !

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Welcome fellow Hoosier

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Thanks for the nice intro - you sound like a down-to-earth typa guy. Love the Avatar. Look forward to seeing you on the forums

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Welcome to ats

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

We have those here too: GrubHub, Mr. Delivery, MyTownToGo, HungryBoiler, are just a few around here.

I work for the 'red roof' chain.Often 8-9 per hour range, but tips are good and mileage pay is ok, I take home anywhere from 50 to 150 for an opening shift, 11a-8p. Thats cash in hand, and add in the paycheck, you do alright.

For an IT job, I would have to drive 30-100 miles one way to a larger town (Kokomo, Ft Wayne, Indianapolis, Laffeyette) to make less than my ttl take from delivery job. Not moving, I love my town - everything you'd want in small town, anemities like Kroger, etc. Plus next town over has a theater that get play, classic rock and country acts (seen Ratt, Whitesnake, La Guns, Kansas, Great White, Dokken, seeing billy gibbons from ZZ Top and Ann Wilson of Heart upcoming). Of course, all the usual fast food, etc-but its kinda segregated from the town itself. No Walmart, TG.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
One of my favorite bands of all time is from your state.
Take a guess.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I believe you about the IT situation in north central Indiana. Fam in Elkhart and north Indiana overall I get the impression its largely industrial.

Since it's almost Halloween can you tell us scary stories about delivering pizzas? Have you ever been held at gunpoint while being patted for wires and weapons when delivering to a crack house, then receive a big#$$ tip for being legit and keeping your mouth shut?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Take a guess.

Mellencamp

Gun's N Roses (Knew Izzy BITD, when a band named 'Axl' played around laffayette.....the stories i could tell....)

Blind Melon

Other notables:
Mick Mars of Motley Crue
DLR from Van Halen (Alex has a house on a lake near me too)
DJ Ashba I've done security for

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

I believe you about the IT situation in north central Indiana. Fam in Elkhart and north Indiana overall I get the impression its largely industrial.

Since it's almost Halloween can you tell us scary stories about delivering pizzas? Have you ever been held at gunpoint while being patted for wires and weapons when delivering to a crack house, then receive a big#$$ tip for being legit and keeping your mouth shut?

Oh lord....counting younger years, Ive delivered over 10 years....the stories.
Ive been shot at, returned fire, (meth lab assholes, hate them)
Had an illegal try to rob me...im 6'4'', 300 lbs, lets just say he had 2 days to contemplate his sins in a hospital bed, then 2 weeks in an ICE facility....and, he'll never be able to father a child. (I'm a nice, easygoing, man. But I tend to draw a line in the sand, and once it's crossed........)

Delivered to a closed warehouse, full of asain women, and the one i delivered to, was wearing nearly nothing, told a cop buddy, it was raided as a human smuggling operation for brothels.

Ive taken a 2000 dollar order to get $5 tip, and taken a $15 order to get an $85 tip.

Im always offered drugs as a tip. Sorry, Im stricly weed occ.

Ive seen more boobs than a dr, and been offered sex quite often.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hi & Welcome!

I'm also a fellow Hoosier. I live about an hour north of you near Warsaw.

Enjoy the fall weather that finally arrived today.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

originally posted by: skunkape23
Take a guess.

Blind Melon

Bingo. I hung with Shannon his last day at #'s in Houston.
edit on 13-10-2018 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join