It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supporting Trump Has Become The Responsible Choice, This Is About Self-Defense

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Never-Trump Republicans have received a thundering "wake-up" call. Yes, you are their targets as well. Wonder why Lindsey Graham is so angry? The never-trump wing did not expect to be targeted by their Democratic counterparts. Surprise, you are as reviled as a cheering Trump supporter with a red hat on. The article below is about a Never-Trump reevaluation and the series of events that led to realizing the need to reevaluate their position. I am sure quite a few people are expressing the same need to reevaluate.

thefederalist.com...

1) The enormity of the efforts by the Democrats and their media allies to destroy Brett Kavanaugh forced me to reconsider my views. The concerns I have about Trump’s character, temperament, and propensity to damage America’s cultural and political institutions are still there, but I am supporting him anyway.

2) It is not just that the Democrats have vitiated any claim to possess superior character or temperament (though they have), or that Trump’s policies have been better than I expected. I now support Trump because the Democratic Party and its media allies are controlled by people who view conservatives not as political opponents to be voted down, but as enemies to be personally destroyed.

3) This was about annihilating anyone who gets in the Democrats’ way, especially anyone who threatens their illegitimate Supreme Court policy wins. It was a declaration of war on every conservative, no matter how respected, reasonable, and mainstream. There is no refuge from this sort of totalizing, destructive politics.

4) Trump will say anything, but Democrats will do anything.

5) The Democrats crossed the line from policy disagreement to personal destruction, and in doing so they nuked any middle ground between themselves and conservative Trump skeptics. And they put every conservative on notice: You could be next.

6) The left has embraced mob justice that disdains our culture of due process and the presumption of innocence, and merely disagreeing with the mob provokes its wrath.

7) But as a voter who recognizes the unfortunate realities of our politics, I believe supporting Trump has become the responsible choice. It isn’t much, but since Trump stands between me and those who would ruin me, he will have to do.

8) This is about self-defense. And that is why I’ve gone from “Meh” to “MAGA!”

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think another large demographic of voters is being over looked here as well.

And that's non-conservative non-republican anti-leftists.
Independents, libertarians and others who see how destructive and off the reservation the democrats have gone.

I've never voted for a republican, but I'll definitely be doing my part to ensure the leftists and their tyrannical agenda do not gain any more influence in our government.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Odd that "self-defense" is even a topic when discussing a draft dodging coward, comfortable letting other men do the dirty work.

www.politifact.com...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Trump will say anything, but Democrats will do anything.

Pretty much that in a nutshell.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Odd that "self-defense" is even a topic when discussing a draft dodging coward, comfortable letting other men do the dirty work.

www.politifact.com...

Bam, you got that sum bitch.

Good show, new high score.

Games over now trumpsters, all your arguments are void now.
edit on 10-10-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

www.politifact.com...

Well, assume you did not read it. Self Defense in the sense that leftest will impact your life negatively as they see you as the enemy. I assume you know that though and are just trying to change the topic.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This is not about defending Trump anymore, this is about defending our country now.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   

So do you snowflakes want ponies or crayons in your safe space?

Ah, screw it we'll get you both and throw in some puppies!

I mean cmon, you guys own the government now, wtf are you crying about!?! Do you not feel legitimate?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Trump will say anything, but Democrats will do anything.

Pretty much that in a nutshell.

Not just Democrats. Remember who killed Heather Heyer?

www.usatoday.com...
edit on 10-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Odd that "self-defense" is even a topic when discussing...

Odd that you call it 'discussion' when some on the left prefer this:

twitter.com...

Oh look what I did there... just like you...equated one unrelated thing to another.

Wouldn't it save you a lot of time if you just replied to every post on these boards with '...yeah, but Trump'?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

This is not about defending Trump anymore, this is about defending our country now.

Yes! We definitely need to bond, lovingly, with more murderous despots and tyrants! Getting rid of that pesky 1st Amendment is a MUST, too!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Wouldn't it save you a lot of time if you just replied to every post on these boards with '...yeah, but Trump'?

Excuse me? The title of thread? Supporting Trump Has Become The Responsible Choice, This Is About Self-Defense

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Right. I forgot a 20 year old, diagnosed schizophrenic, justifies the countless examples of Democrat members of Congress, pundits, and other leftist leadership, who encourage their mob to 'discuss' their viewpoints with conservatives.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

1) The enormity of the efforts by the Democrats and their media allies to destroy Brett Kavanaugh forced me to reconsider my views. The concerns I have about Trump’s character, temperament, and propensity to damage America’s cultural and political institutions are still there, but I am supporting him anyway.

2) It is not just that the Democrats have vitiated any claim to possess superior character or temperament (though they have), or that Trump’s policies have been better than I expected. I now support Trump because the Democratic Party and its media allies are controlled by people who view conservatives not as political opponents to be voted down, but as enemies to be personally destroyed.

3) This was about annihilating anyone who gets in the Democrats’ way, especially anyone who threatens their illegitimate Supreme Court policy wins. It was a declaration of war on every conservative, no matter how respected, reasonable, and mainstream. There is no refuge from this sort of totalizing, destructive politics.

5) The Democrats crossed the line from policy disagreement to personal destruction, and in doing so they nuked any middle ground between themselves and conservative Trump skeptics. And they put every conservative on notice: You could be next.

6) The left has embraced mob justice that disdains our culture of due process and the presumption of innocence, and merely disagreeing with the mob provokes its wrath.

7) But as a voter who recognizes the unfortunate realities of our politics, I believe supporting Trump has become the responsible choice. It isn’t much, but since Trump stands between me and those who would ruin me, he will have to do.

Standard fare from a Senior Contributor at a Right Wing blog I suppose.
In Trump we Trust.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes! We definitely need to bond, lovingly, with more murderous despots and tyrants! Getting rid of that pesky 1st Amendment is a MUST, too!

So Trump is a Tyrant now. Hahahahaha !

You mean like Dark Vader, Hitler or Caligula ?

I thought you were a serious member, I was wrong but you're still funny.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Right. I forgot a 20 year old, diagnosed schizophrenic, justifies the countless examples of Democrat members of Congress, pundits, and other leftist leadership, who encourage their mob to 'discuss' their viewpoints with conservatives.

Right, you post in the mud pit and whine when you get a little opposition.

Wasn't it a republican that said, "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" ?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: whargoul

So do you snowflakes want ponies or crayons in your safe space?

Ah, screw it we'll get you both and throw in some puppies!

I mean cmon, you guys own the government now, wtf are you crying about!?! Do you not feel legitimate?

Democrats model themselves from the Sturmabteilung.

Wake up. Smell coffee. Spin your neck around.

🎗🥁

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Opposition? Is that what you call your posts?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

www.politifact.com...

Odd that you think it is about Trump and not the actions Of the Democrats themself.

When conservatives are being attacked in the streets now merely because they do not think like liberals, self defense should be the topic.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You're supposed to submit.

It's the non-white privilege, non-patriarchal thing to do.

Keep up.

edit on 10-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join