It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Roasts Kanye West

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: kaylaluv

Doesn't make it right. It's not a left or right thing... it's wrong no matter who does it.

A2D

I’ll remember that next time someone starts body shaming Amy Schumer, or taking pot shots at Alyssa Milano, or insulting the intelligence of Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, or Cher.

Maybe not, but most of the people they toss their vile crap at don't deserve it either.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yea wasn't there a thread started with first calling Amy shumor nasty and overweight..

I guess celebrity hate is only wrong in partisan perspective.

And even more important, why are people losing their sh!t over celebrities????

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: blueman12

It's like how fox and friends got pissed at Taylor swift for supporting a democrat in Tennessee.

People on ATS need to realize that this hacky left vs right media goes both ways.

You can't condemn CNN without ripping into FOX news.

I watch CNN because no other network has the courage to talk about Trump's penis.

Didn't that cause a less than expected rise in ratings?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Like I've said everywhere...its wrong regardless of who does it and to whom. It's disgusting.

Saying "well fox does it too" or whatever is not an excuse.

A2D
edit on 10-10-2018 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It's not just you. They are.

Kinda like when Harry Balafonte, in essence, called Colin Powell a house (you know the word), and many on the left either agreed, or, at best, said nothing.

Nothing new here, the same ol' hypocrisy as usual.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

They're as entitled to voice their opinion as you or I... However, like you or I, their opinions aren't any more important than anyone elses, they've just, unfortunately, a pulpit of sorts upon which to stand...an "adoring" public. That, somehow or other, allows them to think that their opinions are of more import than ours, or that they somehow or other, are wiser than we.

The really shocking thing about it is, many of us allow them to think that, and parrot it back like it's somehow gospel.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The real Uncle Tom's reside on the left not the right. What is more Uncle Tom than tearing down one of your own because Master told you to? Good forbid Kanye be able to have freedom of thought. The left doesn't allow that from their slaves

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The irony is that the black pundits on CNN are the real 'Uncle Tom's', carrying water for their white masters at CNN.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh yeah... I think he included Condi Rice if I'm not misremembering. I just got that same sick feeling that I got when it happened. I grew up listening to his music. My dad was a big fan. That was a big kick in the gut.

I still don't want to think folks would be so vile... But they will. I guess we can be thankful most see it for what it is. And I expect more are learning every day.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

This from the company that gets triggered by actually calling a mob a mob.

I'm surprised they didn't call him a "House Negro".

OMG a Black person with a contridictory opinion. Can't have that.

They are so tone deaf they don't even realize it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Yea wasn't there a thread started with first calling Amy shumor nasty and overweight..

I guess celebrity hate is only wrong in partisan perspective.

And even more important, why are people losing their sh!t over celebrities????

You can’t see the difference between a user created thread and national news network?

You are being intellectually dishonest and gaslighting

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's funny that Kanye is always being painted in this manner that portrays him as unintelligent. I'd say he's definitely eccentric, possibly mentally ill, but dumb? No. He was barely in his twenties when he was engineering and producing albums for huge names in hip hop and R&B. Like his music or not, he's become one of the most awarded and best selling rappers in history, while being one of the few that actually writes, engineers and produces his own music. Recording and creating music on a professional standard takes a good amount of technical know how, and he's one of the most prolific guys out there. He married rich and turned himself into a lucrative brand with apparel. I wouldn't really call any of that dumb lol. It's odd that so many people, instead of trying to understand why the man has certain beliefs, to sit there and tell him that he's wrong instead. An Uncle Tom, really? Dude grew up in Atlanta, I'm sure he's familiar with inner city struggles that many aren't.
From Wikipedia: "On December 13, 2016, West met with President-elect Trump. According to West, 'I wanted to meet with Trump today to discuss multicultural issues. These issues included bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago. I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change.'" I wouldn't call that dumb at all. Can't say many others have done that.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
That was so racist that it was uncomfortable to watch

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: vinifalou

Here’s what I wonder: whatever happened to “celebrities should keep their mouths shut and quit spouting their political beliefs”? I guess it depends on what side of the political aisle they’re on.

Nothing happened to it at all...almost no celebrities speak against the Dems so you rarely see it.

Are you really this daft.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Anyone still wonder why Cruz turned down the CNN town hall with Bobby O’Rourke? “Oh, he got the WHOLE HOUR TO HIMSELF!!”

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
The lovely state of American politics ladies and gentlemen.

When negros don't read

This coming from the same media outlet who feigns outrage at racial injustice, stereotypes and systemic racism.

This isn't a left or right thing at all. This is a mass epidemic of stupidity.

A2D

PS: I have no idea how to embed on mobile or I would....sorry

There is no lonelier place than being a black conservative...

I find that hard to believe but you probably know more than I and I starred you for your profound comment.

I speak from experience...

Being a black conservative will get you cast off the island (plantation). It is so bad that even when black folks actually agree with a conservative position, we do so in hushed tones lest we get banished publicly.

Bill Cosby gave the equilvalent of like $50 million to black colleges. Created positive images for black folks for over 50 years. Very much an icon. He starts excoriating the black community for a culture of debauchery and ignorance and all of a sudden he is an Uncle Tom, etc. This has nothing to do with his recent conviction.

Comedian, Steve Harvey met with Donald Trump after his election. After all, who wouldn't want to meet with the President to discuss issues that affect the black community and he was roundly criticized for doing so.

Conservative scholars / pundits have written about this phenomenon. Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams, Jason Riley, Shelby Steele, etc.

Dr. Carson, was a hero until he came out with his conservative views. If you look at any black person who is extremely successful, but conservative in their views, they are routinely ignored and ostracized instead of celebrated in a politically neutral way. Condeleeza Rice, Colin Powell, Justice Thomas, etc.

I had pointed out in another thread that Justice Thomas wasn't even acknowledged in the new African American museum in DC! WTF? This guy is the 2nd black man on the Supreme Court and isn't even mentioned! It took a year to do so after some people spoke out about the bias.

Thanks for your reply. It really put things in perspective.

I'm stunned by the prejudice of the leftists in your country. :down:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
They talk about Kanye this way for two reasons.

1) it lessens the likelihood that anyone will take the time to listen to him.

2) it puts every other black thinker on notice that even if you agree with a conservative opinion, you don't want to voice it and get the same treatment.

The black community can't have anything but monolithic thought. If you think differently you must not be a "real" black person.

These are the mind -chains forged by the Left's identity politics.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why does the Left care some much about what Kanye thinks if he is so "crazy"??????

They are all pulling out all the stops to try and bring him back to the Gulag.

Can't have people thinking for themselves about which Party is best suited to deal with their problems can we?

Gotta love how mental the media and the Left went about the meeting.

They have Trump and Kanye on the brain.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
I would think that Kanye, or any black person, conservative or otherwise, would be insulted by this. the “all inclusive” left...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
...Do they ALWAYS "roast" who they're THREATENED by, or?

CNN sounds a little NERVOUS under the collar...

CNN 2016:: "LOL. TRUMP SHALL NEVER WIN!!! I'LL BE THE FIRST TO MOVE TO CANADA!!!"

...How's CANADIAN weather, CNN?
edit on 13-10-2018 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join