It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Roasts Kanye West

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is no lonelier place than being a black conservative...

That's one of the ugliest things I've seen broadcast in awhile. They need to take some black lessons from the strong black man they were making fun of or folk like you, Edumakated. Is Don Lemon Black? Hard to tell.

Don Lemon has always reminded me of what the child of Pee Wee Herman and Obama would look like.

And furthermore, why is it that liberals always have those weird last names? Lemon, Fluke, Wiener... And Wiener was busted showing underage girls his wiener, that's the kicker.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

There is no lonelier place than being a black conservative...

That's one of the ugliest things I've seen broadcast in awhile. They need to take some black lessons from the strong black man they were making fun of or folk like you, Edumakated. Is Don Lemon Black? Hard to tell.

Yeah, imagine if a white politician said something similar.

I recall Marc Lamont Hill telling Juan Williams to "get off the porch" in a debate.

Hill is the same one that called Ben Carson a house negro. Or Steve Harvey, one of the two. Seems to be a trend with these guys.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm sorry. It's a national embarrassment. Someday I hope this mistake is fixed. I thought about injustice, but that word is taking on poor connotations in the environment of today.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

When Negroes Dont Read

Is it just me or does that sound like they're calling Kanye the N-word without actually calling him the N-word? I'm not Black, but that sure rubs me wrong.

I'm sure Kanye will have plenty to say in response. And I'm betting Kanye will be far more intelligent and intellectually honest.

But we are talking about CNN. So not much of a challenge.

I'm not either, but I think this rubs a lot of us wrong. And I'm willing to bet most of us aren't really Kanye fans. He's a knucklehead, but he doesn't deserve this.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Obviously the person of depth they want is Snoop Dogg.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Here’s what I wonder: whatever happened to “celebrities should keep their mouths shut and quit spouting their political beliefs”? I guess it depends on what side of the political aisle they’re on.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Utterly ridiculous.

He shouldnt be getting called anything besides his name.

If you think this type of behavior is fine and dandy then you are part of the problem.

A2D

He's only saying that because a liberal said it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: vinifalou

Here’s what I wonder: whatever happened to “celebrities should keep their mouths shut and quit spouting their political beliefs”? I guess it depends on what side of the political aisle they’re on.

There's a difference between "Shut up and act" and "He's a stupid negro who doesn't read much." "We ought to trade him in the racial draft" etc.

They might as well have called him an Uncle Tom or an Oreo and had done with it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I heard a lot worse things said about lefty celebrities. A LOT worse.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Doesn't make it right. It's not a left or right thing... it's wrong no matter who does it.

A2D

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

These are the same people that told it's "racist" to use the word thug.

Yup. Sure is. I don't think it's working so well for them these days.

And I hope it backfires big time. One fellow ATSer explained that "Negro, please!" is a common phrase -- hence Don Lemon being the one to utter the words...

But I think the intent -- the innuendo, as another ATSer called it -- is clear. Especially to the Black community.

At the most fundamental level, it's just blatant disrespect from the elites. It also reeks of desperation to go there.

Kanye's gotta be making a mark to make them so nervous. Probably because he wants real action and he's putting his money where his mouth is... And he's rich enough he doesn't have to kowtow to anyone.

Kanye West will meet with Trump at the White House to talk prison reform, violence in Chicago

Go Kanye!!!
edit on 10-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Lots of reasons! Damn fricking autocorrect...

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Doesn't make it right. It's not a left or right thing... it's wrong no matter who does it.

A2D

I’ll remember that next time someone starts body shaming Amy Schumer, or taking pot shots at Alyssa Milano, or insulting the intelligence of Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, or Cher.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not either, but I think this rubs a lot of us wrong. And I'm willing to bet most of us aren't really Kanye fans. He's a knucklehead, but he doesn't deserve this.

Pretty darn sad, isn't it? If we all see it, then I'm thinking that's probably just about how a lot of other folks feel about it as well. But somehow they don't see it... I guess desperation is deaf, dumb AND blind.

I wouldn't know his music if it was blasted in my ears and his fashion style isn't mine, but he's not hurting anyone and in fact is trying damn hard to help people -- on his own dime! He definitely doesn't deserve this.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

When Negroes Dont Read

Is it just me or does that sound like they're calling Kanye the N-word without actually calling him the N-word? I'm not Black, but that sure rubs me wrong.

I'm sure Kanye will have plenty to say in response. And I'm betting Kanye will be far more intelligent and intellectually honest.

But we are talking about CNN. So not much of a challenge.

Loving the outrage in this thread.

A lot of people don't deserve a lot of # they get called by you folks on the right but it does not stop you from doing it.

Faux outrage at its best.

I'm not black I'm Kanye. Haha

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

A2D

I’ll remember that next time someone starts body shaming Amy Schumer, or taking pot shots at Alyssa Milano, or insulting the intelligence of Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, or Cher.

I said basically that a few posts down.

Poor Kanye don't deserve this.

But Cher deserves all the # people say about her cause of a tweet.

Lying hypocrites the lot of them

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

Who can take any of these networks seriously. They actively work to divide the country. Remember, FOX pulled crap like this during Obama' years.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's like how fox and friends got pissed at Taylor swift for supporting a democrat in Tennessee.

People on ATS need to realize that this hacky left vs right media goes both ways.

You can't condemn CNN without ripping into FOX news.

edit on 10-10-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

It's like how fox and friends got pissed at Taylor swift for supporting a democrat in Tennessee.

People on ATS need to realize that this hacky left vs right media goes both ways.

You can't condemn CNN without ripping into FOX news.

I watch CNN because no other network has the courage to talk about Trump's penis.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join