It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Roasts Kanye West

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Just came up with the DNC 2020 campaign slogan

MNRA
(Make Negros Read Again)

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thanks for your perspective on this.
It is very valued and much appreciated.

link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Saw this earlier today. Pretty low even for CNN I think. The fact they continue on with it and laugh about it is the exact opposite of what youd think you would get from the super tolerant left. /sarc

I'd be very surprised if Kanye didnt have something to say back.

Also...is Negro now an acceptable term to call a black person on TV? Or is it still looked at as derogatory? Just wondering because I cant remember the last time I heard anyone say negro, especially on TV and even more especially on the news.

It is being used in a sarcastic and derogatory manner...

The thing is you cannot have a reasoned or logic debate with these "woke" pundits. Their only method of discussing an issue is leveling accusations and making fun of someone.

I thought they were using it in that manner as well....just didnt know as I haven't heard it since my grandmother was still alive...and that's been a while.

I dont recall ever hearing a news anchor talk about someone of their same race in any manner similar.

Sucks they cant understand that he just has a different view than they do and let it go.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

MNRA
(Make Negros Read Again)

That wouldn't work out so well... Blacks only vote Democrat because we in fact do not read...

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

When Negroes Dont Read

Is it just me or does that sound like they're calling Kanye the N-word without actually calling him the N-word? I'm not Black, but that sure rubs me wrong.

I'm sure Kanye will have plenty to say in response. And I'm betting Kanye will be far more intelligent and intellectually honest.

But we are talking about CNN. So not much of a challenge.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

MNRA
(Make Negros Read Again)

That wouldn't work out so well... Blacks only vote Democrat because we in fact do not read...

LOL thats the irony of it. It would be great if the shirt would catch on . I could get me one that said
MHRA , Make Hispanics Read Again -- taco bowl 2020 baby

edit on 011031America/ChicagoWed, 10 Oct 2018 11:01:53 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Is it just me or does that sound like they're calling Kanye the N-word without actually calling him the N-word?

Innuendo

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

When Negroes Dont Read

Is it just me or does that sound like they're calling Kanye the N-word without actually calling him the N-word? I'm not Black, but that sure rubs me wrong.

I'm sure Kanye will have plenty to say in response. And I'm betting Kanye will be far more intelligent and intellectually honest.

But we are talking about CNN. So not much of a challenge.

Not really. We (black community) often say things like "Negro, Please!" when you are being sarcastic or disagreeing with someone.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

"Kanye West is What Happens When Negros don't Read"

The condescending attitude, dripping with smug hubris from these wannabe 'token' elitists pushed out by the left would be utterly laughable, if it wasn't for the fact that so many indoctrinated, brainwashed cultists of the new 'Religion' of progressivism, took their propaganda as Gospel.

edit on 10 10 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There is no lonelier place than being a black conservative...

That's one of the ugliest things I've seen broadcast in awhile. They need to take some black lessons from the strong black man they were making fun of or folk like you, Edumakated. Is Don Lemon Black? Hard to tell.

edit on 10-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

"Kanye West is Waht Happens When Negros don't Read"

The condescending attitude, dripping with smug hubris from these wannabe 'token' elitists pushed out by the left would be utterly laughable, if it wasn't for the fact that so many indoctrinated, brainwashed cultists of the new 'Religion' of progressivism, took their propaganda as Gospel.

What's funny is that they can't actually provide any facts and data to say why they are making fun of Kanye. Bakari Sellers just accuses him of not having enough "depth" to be talking to the President about issues. Of course, this is hilarious considering that the left loves to trot out braindead hollywood types to support / advocate whatever the issue is du jour they are parroting.

The black community is politically neutered. Even if Trump is a Republican, it is in the black community's best interest to meet with him to discuss issues that are deemed important. The reality is Trump is the President. PERIOD. Standing back and calling him racists, etc while your community burns doesn't accomplish anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Couldn't agree more!

link   

originally posted by: The GUT

There is no lonelier place than being a black conservative...

That's one of the ugliest things I've seen broadcast in awhile. They need to take some black lessons from the strong black man they were making fun of or folk like you, Edumakated. Is Don Lemon Black? Hard to tell.

Yeah, imagine if a white politician said something similar.

I recall Marc Lamont Hill telling Juan Williams to "get off the porch" in a debate.

link   

Gotcha -- thank you!

So kinda like when I used to tell my mother, "Woman, please!" (And for some reason she laughed every time)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Gotcha -- thank you!

So kinda like when I used to tell my mother, "Woman, please!" (And for some reason she laughed every time)

Yup, same context.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Can you imagine of Fox News/ Hannity said that ?

FOX News/Hannity cant say that because they are white but that's not racist
Just like white people can't say the "N" word even in exactly the same context as a black person would say it but thats not racist either
black people can't be racist period

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
CNN is the same network that has segments on Trump's trouser trout.

So yeah, they have become a joke.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Kayne roasts Kayne, every time that dip**** speaks in public about anything it becomes glaringly apparent that he's been surrounded by sycophants for so long he actually believes himself.

They got Biggie and Pac, why couldn't you get him Illuminati?!?!??!?!?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
CNN is the same network that has segments on Trump's trouser trout.

To be fair it was only a 3 second segment.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So does that make this okay? I'm sorry, I dont think this okay regardless of who it is...whether it is kanye, Obama, Michael Jordan or daffy duck. This is pure unadulterated hatred being spewed about on national TV.

A2D

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join