It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
(post by Hendrick99 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

That is jaywalking . Pedestrians in the US have to cross at marked crosswalks
What if scenarios...
What if the moon was truly made of green cheese ?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Metallicus

Do dumbass protesters make you fear for your life?

Enough that the situation would force me to invoke my self-defense clause.
Period

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And you have a source for this?

I seriously just wrote a whole paragraph and then deleted it, figuring it would be a waste of breath...... Instead, I'll just leave it at this:

Out of everyone there, including the dude running after the car WITH A CAMERA, don't ya think there would be more than...... 1...... Single....... Video....... That coincidentally doesn't show what happened prior?

Come on, now. This is ATS. Deny ignorance. It's in the motto. That's what we do. That's how we roll.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Give me a #ing break. These morons would stop getting ran over if they'd stop jumping in front of traffic and trying to rip people out of their vehicles/attack them.

No sympathy or #s given for dead terrorist pancakes.

The Mayor of Portland would charge Reginald Denny with disturbing the peace for causing people to try and kill him.

That will be one city I will NEVER visit till things change dramatically there.
edit on 10-10-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

Don't you understand that it's when you Left-leaning members say things like THIS, after watching the video and having the opportunity to judge for yourself, and still you defend this type of behavior, that it starts to look really weird and suspicious?

Let me to 'splain.

Disclaimer:
I've seen a LOT of your posts, Kayla. At least enough to know that you are neither stupid nor ignorant, so please understand that this is ANYTHING BUT a personal attack. You seem like a nice person, and you don't deserve that.

Here's the thing, though...

To the outside observer, it starts to look like you guys WANT people to be attacked. Not just like this instance, though. How far would you go in order to defend these brain-damaged neanderthals?

I can't be the only one who's thinking this.

Now, about your question.

5 seconds after the glass was knocked out, every one of those protesters who came within 5 feet of me would have been on the street bleeding to death from gunshot wounds.

I've said this before here, yesterday, as a matter of fact.

These "protesting" nutjobs just keep pushing. Over and over.

Please understand me completely when I say this.

If things keep progressing in the direction they HAVE been, sooner or later, most-likely sooner, these nuts are going to try to push someone that won't be pushed, and it WILL end bloody.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Is she too stupid to get out of the way of a slowly moving car?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Boadicea
So... you condone violence, so long as it is directed at people you disagree with?

I have no idea how you got that ^^^ from my comment.

But to be very specific, I do not condone any wanton violence. At most, I accept proportional use of force for self-defense and/or the defense and protection of others when necessary.

And that applies to LEOs as well as civilians.

Proportional escalation only makes sense if both sides are evenly matched.

Most of the time it's prudent to use deadly force at the BEGINNING of a hostile conflict, as opposed to the end of one.

Wouldn't you say?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Glad to see you supporting violent mobs attacking an elderly person! Are your parents still alive? If they are, I hope they are randomly attacked by the violent thugs you are sticking up for! Karma is a bitch!

No, both of my parents are recently deceased. Both of my parents were also Republicans, for as long as I've been alive anyway. I think the last Democrat either had supported was JFK.

I don't support violent mobs attacking elderly people but it's not surprising that you would say something like that given your penchant for disingenuous hysterical blather.

As far as expressing a desire that my parents are "attacked by violent thugs" because of some opinion I expressed on an Internet forum — that's extra scumbag of you. That puts you right up there with another violent lunatic wingnut who U2U'd me to tell me that he hoped my kids got cancer so I was forced to watch them die because I was posting anti-Trump OPs on ATS.

It wouldn't even occur to me to say some # like that.

Yet I bet in your seemingly infinite capacity for delusion and boundless hypocrisy, you think you've got some sort of moral high ground and despite the bit about "karma," you probably consider yourself a Christian.

Lots of conservatives are good people. You, you're not good people.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Me neither! All of that is just gross.

It seems we agree on so little...So when you write something I happen to agree with, I think it's important to point it out.

Good grief that is just awful.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

WTF?

Seriously if that's what you really think, you've got issues.

Disagree, sure. Wish harm on another person's parents, or anyone, over political ideology? Really?

edit on 10/10/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That's a good thing. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

And yet you would be in here writing paragraphs of nonsense defending actual mobs attacking people, harassing them, and saying these things in REAL LIFE and not on some internet forum.

You can try and insult our intelligence all you want...but we do not have to believe your intentions are good in this political theater.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Another perspective? Is that what you call making up facts?

Have a link that verifies this 'perspective'?

I have a link showing they are blocking traffic and harassing people for being white. Isn't that called racism? It's even more weird cuz the guys yelling white supremacist are themselves white. Why do Antifa and SJT's (Social Justice Terrorists) hate themselves so much?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kyosuke

After watching that i would have to seriously invest time and money to have the mayor removed from office if i lived there. The police allowed this kind of behavior in their downtown area? And since when is it ok for anyone to direct traffic other than a police officer? So if i go to portland and decide i want to direct traffic they won't stop me?

Im amazed at stuff people allow to occur in their cities i would think the residents would be down at city hall. Maybe its just where i live but we had a similar incident where a group tried to protest they got 3 warnings to stay out the street and stop blocking traffic. After 3rd warning they ended up arresting about 40 people.

When police allow mobs to take over the streets they are creating situations were people will be hurt. That old man couldn't have defended himself his only option was to flee the scene. By the way found out the police know who he was he reported it to the police. Apparently did 3000.00 damage to his car.

I think what scares me the most is i could see my dad getting caught up in that. My dad would never put up with being called a racist and trying to tell him where he can and can't go. Only difference is my dad carries a gun and there would probably be dead protestors if they attacked him like they did that man.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Proportional escalation only makes sense if both side are evenly matched.

Most of the time it's prudent to use deadly force at the BEGINNING of a hostile conflict, as opposed to the end of one. 

Wouldn't you say?

Um...no. I'd call that murder. There is no virtue in using deadly force when one is not facing deadly force.

And no, I don't subscribe to the "better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 9" philosophy. In the end, we will all be judged by the only One that matters. And there is no gain if I save my life but lose my soul.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:23 AM
link   

If it was a crowd of ISIS people would cheer.

If it were a crowd of rapist people would cheer

Depends in the crowd.

If it's a crowd of basement dwelling, the only reason I'm out today is because I'm being paid to protest against America.
Block public streets, verbally attack people, hit their cars.

Some might cheer

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyosuke

originally posted by: loam

Another perspective? Is that what you call making up facts?

Have a link that verifies this 'perspective'?

I have a link showing they are blocking traffic and harassing people for being white. Isn't that called racism? It's even more weird cuz the guys yelling white supremacist are themselves white. Why do Antifa and SJT's (Social Justice Terrorists) hate themselves so much?

They are insane plain and simple.
These are people who will never work or go to school or be a part of anything positive.

They are given a few bucks to riot and it's something they.love to do.

Scariest part are the orders handed down by liberal mayors who tell police to not bother them.

Do not interfere if they destroy property, do not interfere if they attack people.

But if someone attacks back, arrests them right away and send a clear message whose side the liberals are on

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The information that "you don't know" I got from your link. Perhaps you should read what your posting more often. One of the links in your post I replied to even quoted an officer saying this is why they encourage people to get permits. Then they would be able to direct traffic and even close down specific streets for them.

Honestly I feel more idiots should get run over.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Well as this thread shows the lesson is simple

This is what many in the left want for our country

These people were yelling racist things, blocking traffic and harassing people

That is ok to the left

They will defend this mob mentality because it benefits them

Just like Hillary said, they don’t want civility

Wait until they get more power in other areas of the country. groups considered “oppressors” like whites, males, heterosexuals, Christians, non disabled people, and definitely anyone not progressive will be allowed to be harassed and intimidated, and if those groups fight back, they are the evil ones

So sad to see even reasonable people on the left defend this
edit on 11-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join