It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Lol, sarcasm noted but I'll still drink a beer for you Saturday during the LSU/Georgia game.

Point is, when you have a mob or a group of people looking for a fight, sometimes the only choice is to smack em with your vehicle.

Haha, you can go ahead and start the pre-celebration now, LSU is going to wax them.

I sure hope so!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

WOW! There's actually a road named after Harvey Milk? Holy damn smokes!

To the point now that my jaw is off the floor, they can't dictate which direction the cars take and there were no barriers in place. The man needed to go straight and as a US citizen, it was his right to go straight. They weren't going to pass by, some nut job with a taco plate and an obese chick were telling everyone to turn and taco boy was telling drivers he'll beat their ass if they accidentally hit him as he stands there in their lane. Last week y'all were all against belligerence, this week you're all about it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: JBurns

Where does the self-defense come in? Protesters started striking his vehicle after he drove his car into a crowd. And I note in my last post, this guy — who you'd have us believe was in fear for his safety to the point that he was ready to run people down with his car to get away — then proceeded to stop his car, get out and confront one of the protesters.

Bullhorse. He was stopped and some 82 pound beta male came up and tried to push his car backwards. That's when they started hitting his car and he went through them like any normal American would do when they need to go one direction and a bunch of adults with the mentality of a toddler scream at them and tell them to go another way.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I don't understand this logic. These people are having an unpermitted demonstration illegally blocking traffic, assaulting random people's property damaging their vehicles while depriving citizens of the right to travel freely. And then when an old terrified man, knowing what awaits him as these types of protestors have an established pattern of violently attacking his demographic for nothing more than his age And skin color makes a rushed turn, more people jump in front of th vehicle and actually believe they will physically stop the machine instead of doing g the smart thing and move out to safety.

The mayor is doing a # job in that city. Protesting a justified shooting, defending criminals. Sounds typical of these types of demonstrators. The guy they we're honoring was a felon who shot two other people moments before being shot by police.

Democrats have coddled felons since the turn of the century.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

It was a mob of protesters blocking traffic. You can tell because there is a mob in the intersection and the guy has a green light. So unless they had permits, they were breaking the law and disturbing the peace.

So, another perspective: The old man was driving along, minding his own business, when a mob of angry people forcibly stop traffic. The man, fearing for his life tries to make his way slowly through the mob, only for someone to jump in front of his car and people to start banging on his windows. Even more fearful now, the man drives away, trying to distance himself from any further confrontation, only to be chased down and harassed further.

If your idea of a protest is disturbing the peace and jumping in front of cars, then I'm sorry, you deserve to be hit.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

As a mother, why would you knowingly send your daughter into a dangerous situation? because, by your own admission, your hypothesis has a safety factor at its core, yet you would still ignore it.

Why would you do that?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

They were not crossing the street.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

These people are having an unpermitted demonstration illegally blocking traffic

Was it unpermitted? I don't know. I would hope that if it were permitted, the cops would have been handling traffic control.

assaulting random people's property damaging their vehicles while depriving citizens of the right to travel freely.

They were assaulting random people's property? Was there a single report of property damage aside from this man's car? As for this "depriving citizens of the right to travel freely" stuff — that's not a justification for murder. And this was a group of like 100 people marching from point A to point B. All he had to do was wait 2-3 minutes for them to pass.

And then when an old terrified man, knowing what awaits him as these types of protestors have an established pattern of violently attacking his demographic for nothing more than his age And skin color makes a rushed turn

What?

There's an "established pattern" of protesters violently attacking old white guys? No, there isn't. There's a whole strategy to make people think that though. What's really ironic is that this incident itself is being pushed as proof of just such a pattern. And six months from now, some other person will drive into a crowd and claim that they were in fear for their lives because of the "established pattern" which will include *this* incident, with this guy claiming that he was afraid for his life because of the "established pattern" that he perceived, which was in turned based on hearing about an incident with some other person, from six months before then, who drove into a crowd because he was a afraid for his life because of the "established pattern."

How frequently are old white guys just minding their own business, sitting in a car, when a violent "kill whitey" mob descends on them? Look at this thread. People posting in the thread are talking about Reginald-frickin-Denny. Why? That # happened in 1992. That was a whole generation ago. Do you why? Because there isn't an established pattern with a list of victims they can point to.

Look at this thread. Look at how people are being conditioned to think and behave.

As for how much this guy was actually a terrified senior citizen running for his life. Why then would he drive forward 100 feet or so, stop his car and then get out to confront a protester? He was afraid for his life right up until they dented his car? That # doesn't add up and you know it.

more people jump in front of th vehicle and actually believe they will physically stop the machine instead of doing g the smart thing and move out to safety.

There were people walking in front of the car. There were also people legally crossing in the crosswalk. Nobody "jumped" in front of that car as far as I can see until he started to turn into the crowd and then that one guy decided he would play chicken with a car because he's an idiot. Obviously the smart thing to do is to get out of the way. Clearly that guy is a tool.

There's nothing I see here though that indicates that this guy's car was struck before he started to turn into the crowd. There was one guy who jumped in front of the car like an idiot after the driver started making the turn. Look at the video at the link I posted, it's got a view from the front.

The mayor is doing a # job in that city. Protesting a justified shooting, defending criminals. Sounds typical of these types of demonstrators. The guy they we're honoring was a felon who shot two other people moments before being shot by police.

Entirely possible that these people were protesting over a justified shooting. No idea, I haven't even been following it. Doesn't really factor into this. Is it wrong to run over righteous protesters?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Every time my daughter gets in a car, she’s in a dangerous position. What does that have to do with priorities and values?

I have taught my daughter that she has a right to speak up for her and everyone else’s rights. I have taught her to respect others, and to demand respect for herself. I have taught her to defend herself if she needs to. I think we’re just fine on priorities and values.

Have you taught her look both ways before crossing a street, or is that not her problem?
What about jumping in front of a moving vehicle, simply to prove a point?
Self preservation goes hand in hand with defense of self.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The man needed to go straight and as a US citizen, it was his right to go straight.

Yeah, that's not an actual thing.

If some kid decides to jump rope at the end of your driveway and you can't get out without running her over, you don't get to assert an imaginary right and run that kid down because you desperately want to get to the Circle K.

Last week y'all were all against belligerence, this week you're all about it.

I have no idea what you're talking about but based on this thread, seems like there's ample belligerence to go around.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Glad to see you supporting violent mobs attacking an elderly person! Are your parents still alive? If they are, I hope they are randomly attacked by the violent thugs you are sticking up for! Karma is a bitch!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Zombie crowd forces stop, ASP.inc wielding zombie vs G40 end of story.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

HAVE YOU NOT WATCHED THE VIDEO>?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia
a reply to: loam

This is why I traded up to a 4x4 Diesel 1 ton. I will not be a Rodney King if I can help it.

How would that help prevent you from being beaten by multiple cops because they can?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

Heck, as a mother, if I were out there and had my young son in the backseat and he starts getting scared, what would anyone do?

Do you think I'm going to stay there and let them bang on my car and continue to freak out my kid and myself?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Why isn't the Mayor of Portland , who Told the Portland Police to " Stand Down " During this Alleged Protest , being Arrested by U.S. Marshals for Allowing this Criminal Behavior ? People Wanna Know ........

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Generally speaking, you get the government you deserve. In this case, Portland has what it voted in.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Heh, come try this in Texas ya bad asses.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Lysergic because: heh, plz record yourself.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I wouldn't put my daughter in a dangerous position like a protest.

Then again I'm not a political zombie.

I wouldn't be driving threw a protest in Portland... that is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope. Straight ahead. I guess I should add riot to my car insurance...just in case.

...and some better bumpers. Tear gas projectors?? Oh, now we're talkin'!!!

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join