It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Ante, I think you are forgetting that these were ANTIFA terrorists. There is evidence of this when you read the articles, they are clearly protesting a black man getting shot. So since BLM evolved into ANTIFA, these are just simple conclusions.

Now that we've gotten the ANTIFA part out of the way, you and I both know that these TERRORISTS are the greatest threat to this nation.

Something something local news and video evidence is fake news... Please refer to the Gateway Pundit for the real story, it's riveting.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Ante, I think you are forgetting that these were ANTIFA terrorists. There is evidence of this when you read the articles, they are clearly protesting a black man getting shot. So since BLM evolved into ANTIFA, these are just simple conclusions.

Now that we've gotten the ANTIFA part out of the way, you and I both know that these TERRORISTS are the greatest threat to this nation.

Something something local news and video evidence is fake news... Please refer to the Gateway Pundit for the real story, it's riveting.

Would you care to try again?

Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks]]]]]]]

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Dude, no doubt. Remember that time they attacked the Marine recruitment center? That window they cracked was probably like 400-600 dollars.

Sarcasm aside, ANTIFA (which I've seen no proof of them being part of the topic in this thread) regularly takes things too far, and commits illegal acts. They should go through the justice system for that, and get punished.

But let's not act like there haven't been countless members on threads here say they should just be shot on site.

So needless to say, their ideology definitely gets the right worked up and they embellish the real threat of this group. How many people have they (ANTIFA) killed?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Boadicea

I just looked it up the sheriffs office has jurisdiction in Portland they even have two sheriffs stations their.!

In that case, I have no idea... Unless the sheriff's choosing to act in solidarity with the police. In theory at least, they were protesting police. In practice tho it seems they only hurt their fellow civilians.

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

In this case, glory.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

That is NOT a peaceful protest and therefore it is illegal and just frickin dangerous. I have no doubt they were in fear for their lives.

edit on 2018/10/10 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Do dumbass protesters make you fear for your life?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I don't understand this logic. These people are having an unpermitted demonstration illegally blocking traffic, assaulting random people's property damaging their vehicles while depriving citizens of the right to travel freely. And then when an old terrified man, knowing what awaits him as these types of protestors have an established pattern of violently attacking his demographic for nothing more than his age And skin color makes a rushed turn, more people jump in front of th vehicle and actually believe they will physically stop the machine instead of doing g the smart thing and move out to safety.

The mayor is doing a # job in that city. Protesting a justified shooting, defending criminals. Sounds typical of these types of demonstrators. The guy they we're honoring was a felon who shot two other people moments before being shot by police.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

From everything I'm seeing these days, the Portland Police are operating under a continuous "stand down" order as far as the Downtown area of Portland is concerned. Protesters blockaded a Federal Office in Portland for 2 weeks and the Portland Police refused to intervene. Nowadays, its become common place for the Protestors to direct traffic in the area while the cops watch on.

Frankly, I think its a pretty smart idea. Why confront the protesters, escalate the violence and then have to fade the lawsuits? Just let the protesters take over the Downtown. If the businesses there don't like it, they're free to move.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No, they were stopping and re-directing traffic all day.

They apparently stopped on poor guy who was visiting from the Carolinas and called him a KKK, white supremacist when he tried to refuse their redirection as a tourist who didn't know where he was going.

Then some homeless guy started yelling at the protestors about how the guy they were protesting for shot two men in a driveby and didn't obey police and that's why he's dead, and the protestors told him to shut up and check his white privilege.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

That squares with my impression too. The mayor is giving shadow support to these thugs.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is why I traded up to a 4x4 Diesel 1 ton. I will not be a Rodney King if I can help it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No, they were stopping and re-directing traffic all day.

They apparently stopped on poor guy who was visiting from the Carolinas and called him a KKK, white supremacist when he tried to refuse their redirection as a tourist who didn't know where he was going.

Then some homeless guy started yelling at the protestors about how the guy they were protesting for shot two men in a driveby and didn't obey police and that's why he's dead, and the protestors told him to shut up and check his white privilege.

Wish I was a lawyer. I would represent this man for free. Show up at the courthouse with 100 videos of Antifa destroying public property, assaulting citizens, the police standing down and watching along with all of the Progressive SJW talking points of how evil white men are and how they need to die and have their corpses castrated!

SLAM DUNK to show this old man had every reason to fear for his life!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

I have taught her to defend herself if she needs to.

Out of curiosity, what have you taught her in this regard? This is not an attempt at a "gotcah" question, I'm sincerely interested.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia

This is why I traded up to a 4x4 Diesel 1 ton. I will not be a Rodney King if I can help it.

I don't think that your 1-ton holds a candle to Reginald Denny's vehicle, and this was in the L.A. Riots sparked by the verdict about Mr. King. The reality is, if the ignorants of society are hell-bent on violence, there's not much you can do about it, sadly enough. I know the tools and skills that I would use to fight like hell, though.

Unfortunately, a sense of safety is usually false when other people are involved. This whole Antifa movement is comprised of people with the mentality of the "L.A. Four."

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

I wouldn’t take my teenage daughter to a protest march, but that’s just me. There is little excuse for civil disobedience. The driver could easily have felt threatened, but then that’s the point isn’t it? Forcing your beliefs on others through numbers, in order to get attention on the TV news? This incident could have became a tragedy but that’s ok in the name of your cause.
You should study history, remember Kent State? That was a great cause, unless your child gets killed.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: ttropia

I don't think that your 1-ton holds a candle to Reginald Denny's vehicle, and this was in the L.A. Riots sparked by the verdict about Mr. King. The reality is, if the ignorants of society are hell-bent on violence, there's not much you can do about it, sadly enough. I know the tools and skills that I would use to fight like hell, though.

Unfortunately, a sense of safety is usually false when other people are involved. This whole Antifa movement is comprised of people with the mentality of the "L.A. Four."

Yes Reginald Denny was assaulted and nearly killed just for being white in a black neighborhood during the Rodney King verdict. Your assertion however is wrong. There was plenty that he could have done to prevent that from happening. Just like there is plenty that anyone can do to prevent this from happening to them. That is keep moving. Do not stop. Period end of story. As long as your vehicle is rolling they cannot stop you unless they are willing to clog your wheels with their mangled bodies (although a lot of them are rather fat). I am old enough to be a teenager when Mr Denny was assaulted live on National TV and I think about him every time I see these protestors in the streets.
I will not be a victim like Mr. Denny.
A 2300 lb truck WILL crush protestors.
They know this and they will either get out of the way or they will prove how much they are willing to sacrafice for their cause. You dont have to speed through them just keep rolling at a walking speed. They will move or they will get moved.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

A .357 would have saved Mr Denny a whole lot of trouble and performed an amazing service for the tax payers in the process.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

a reply to: burdman30ott6

While you are both correct, please note that I said that "there's not much that you can do" if people are hell-bent on assaulting you (or worse) in situations like this where there are dozens, if not more, of emotionally charged small thinkers.

Of course, there are always firearms, bladed weapons, using the vehicle as a weapon, and self-defense skills that can buy you time and possibly facilitate an escape, but nothing is a guarantee in these situations. But, he certainly should have kept driving...and had a radio in the truck so that he could have known what he was driving into.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The police are just pawns of liberal mayors.

They are ordered to allow these groups to act violent and when normal people oppose them, the police will run right in arrest

I've seen people scared for their lives while police force them to walk through violent liberal protesters while they are spit on and verbally attacked

The lack of response by the police speaks volumes

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join