It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why are they trying to stop a moving car with their body? Just let the car pass.

These people aren't very intelligent, obviously. No common sense at all. Idiots.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

He clearly plowed through them...
I suppose he was also waving a Confederate flag while touching a woman as he took a # on the protesters "right to be violent without repercussions"? How dare he not succumb to the mob! Do what the mob says or else!!

I'm sure that people who go to a protest carrying weapons are there for a peaceful protest.

I'm sure that every person in Portland was made aware of this "legal" protest and the routes that would be blocked off so events like this wouldn't happen.

I'm sure that the last two statements are utter bull#

Your perspective was made to fit your narrative.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Give me a #ing break. These morons would stop getting ran over if they'd stop jumping in front of traffic and trying to rip people out of their vehicles/attack them.

No sympathy or #s given for dead terrorist pancakes.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: Boadicea

Here’s a question I haven’t seen them brought up. Why didn’t the Multnomah County, sheriffs office step up? The mayor Portland has no authority over them .

I'm assuming it's because the city police have jurisdiction in the incorporated areas of Portland, and the sheriff has jurisdiction only in unincorporated areas of the county. That's how it works in our neck of the woods at least.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I bet those soy boy ANTIFA terrorists and their feminist dogs got their excessively large asses out of the way pretty fast this time

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

In this topsy turvy world you are not allowed to escape mob rule. You must take your beating even as they drop their bodies all over a "car approved road".

Footpaths don't exist.

The DA should be thrown to the pack of wolves roaming the streets.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

They were beating on his car before he ever tried to go through them. I would have done the same thing but I'm younger, 39, and once my truck was purposely smacked, I would have seen red and pushed through a little faster. I was pulled up to a friend's house back in '99 and had a guy trying to hit me through the driver's side window of my '93 Chevy Cheyenne, and had about 5 other guys waiting for me to get out. I'm not that stupid and was with only my GF, so I turned my wheels to the right, threw it in reverse and floored it. My front bumper hit him and knocked him a few feet and he rolled a few more before getting up and grabbing a big rock to throw at my truck. Luckily I knew the road behind me (it was at night) and was able to stay on the gas and got far enough away that he missed me. That was during my first year of college. He'd always had a problem with me but I never knew why.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yes, he's lucky they're too cowardly to attack face to face and only do it when the person is in their car.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Damn dude. You're super hard-core and badass.

Rock on man. Shotgun a beer for me later you beaver slayer.
edit on 10-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: slowisfast
These antifa folks are some of the weirdest, most disheveled, looking groups of people I've ever seen. The most mentally weak, ineffectual, under-productive horde of body odor and body fat I've seen. Some guy was eating a taco plate with one hand and pumping a fist with the other in protest! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HUMAN BEINGS!?

We've done this to ourselves. So glad I got out of cities.

Lol, I noticed that... I think he was the one that screamed "EVERYONE SHUT THE # UP SO I CAN SPEAK!!!!"

There's a reason people like this are only accepted by the alt left radical unhinged progressives.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta
a reply to: kaylaluv

He clearly plowed through them...
I suppose he was also waving a Confederate flag while touching a woman as he took a # on the protesters "right to be violent without repercussions"? How dare he not succumb to the mob! Do what the mob says or else!!

I'm sure that people who go to a protest carrying weapons are there for a peaceful protest.

I'm sure that every person in Portland was made aware of this "legal" protest and the routes that would be blocked off so events like this wouldn't happen.

I'm sure that the last two statements are utter bull#

Your perspective was made to fit your narrative.

It wouldn't matter. These loons are out for trouble and even if everyone abides by THEIR rules, they'll still find a way to create violence. It's just who they are. We need counter groups to go in and handle these idiots.

People like this... Fortunately for idiot protesters though, these people don't show up looking for trouble.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
I bet those soy boy ANTIFA terrorists and their feminist dogs got their excessively large asses out of the way pretty fast this time

Don't bet on it, they don't have the common sense God gave a blue waffle.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Lol, sarcasm noted but I'll still drink a beer for you Saturday during the LSU/Georgia game.

Point is, when you have a mob or a group of people looking for a fight, sometimes the only choice is to smack em with your vehicle.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Folks, in many states your vehicle is no different than your home legally speaking. Especially in SYG and states that recognize Castle Doctrine (through precedent or statute) will also recognize your vehicle as a protected & private "dwelling" (equal to your home)

Of course you always have a right to self-defense, which you sould speak with a lawyer about. But generally speaking, the deadly weapon you use is irrelevant. Whether its a firearm, a vehicle or even something entirely different.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Lol, sarcasm noted but I'll still drink a beer for you Saturday during the LSU/Georgia game.

Point is, when you have a mob or a group of people looking for a fight, sometimes the only choice is to smack em with your vehicle.

Haha, you can go ahead and start the pre-celebration now, LSU is going to wax them.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

So let's see what we can gather from multiple reports.

Portland demonstrators protest death of Patrick Kimmons, who was shot by police

More than 100 marched through downtown Portland on Saturday to protest the death of Patrick Kimmons, who was fatally shot by police officers last Sunday.

The group, which included members of Kimmons' family, gathered near a memorial supporters have set up near Southwest 4th Avenue and Harvey Milk Street, at the parking lot where the shooting occurred.

They marched to the downtown Justice Center, where speakers, including relatives of Kimmons, demanded police accountability in the shooting.

From the KATU article linked in the TGP post:

Driver who pushed through protesters tells police his car sustained $3,000 in damages

The driver says he was following two other cars that made a right-hand turn when one protester stepped in front of his car and others surrounded it.

A KATU News photographer recorded the moment when the man drove through protesters in the street, striking at least one of them. At the time, the walk sign was on in the crosswalk. The driver made a right turn into the crosswalk.

Looking at the KATU video, which is from a different angle and possibly starts a little earlier, he clearly wasn't following directly behind two other cars that made that turn ahead of him. They probably made it before the group reached the intersection?

Instead of waiting for the marchers to pass, he decided to just drive through the crowd.

Would you do that? I don't think you would. Either way, he apparently also disregarded the cross walk sign.

Now TGP says this because of course they do: "Apparently fearing for his safety, the man starts to drive through the protest."

Except not only was he driving into a crowd, after he sped up, he drove up a hundred feet, stopped and got out of his car and confronted one of the protesters. Not exactly the actions of somebody who was afraid for his life is it?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I just looked it up the sheriffs office has jurisdiction in Portland they even have two sheriffs stations their.!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Where does the self-defense come in? Protesters started striking his vehicle after he drove his car into a crowd. And I note in my last post, this guy — who you'd have us believe was in fear for his safety to the point that he was ready to run people down with his car to get away — then proceeded to stop his car, get out and confront one of the protesters.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

Nothing, because they are all privileged white men!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

If you and your daughter stand in front of my car so that the rest of your mob can attack me, I'm running both of you over.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join