It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Here’s a question I haven’t seen them brought up. Why didn’t the Multnomah County, sheriffs office step up? The mayor Portland has no authority over them .

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I disagree, I think he had every right to continue through at below the speed limit for his commute. It is not fault of his, nor would it be any of ours that people are jumping out Into the road restricting the flow of commerce and impeding the right to travel freely.

I think darwins awards get passed around here in this circumstances. If someone ends up in the hospital, well it's hardly the fault of the law abiding citizen as opposed to the law breaker. The circumstance is being creAted by the law breaker. All the fault, including if someone is harmed, is of their responsibility.

Problem with your whole premise, the second you intentionally strike someone with your vehicle, you're not a law abiding citizen.

Neither are people intentionally blocking traffic, but if you have an egress path behind you, take it. You want to spend money on a lawyer for taking the shortcut through people, that's your choice to make.

I doubt the driver will be charged, because I'd be surprised if any of these people come forward to give their side considering they know they could be charged too.

You're picking favorites though in what appears to be two sides of dumbass's.

You live in a decent city? Go downtown on a weekend night, surely you'll see drunk assholes cross the street when they are not supposed to, or congregate on the sides where people can park taking up the space. That doesn't give you the right to drive into them just because they are breaking the law.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Why are they trying to stop a moving car with their body? Just let the car pass.

Because they are dumbass's.

That and they're likely trying to make themselves look like victims.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You must not have seen the video. The senior citizen was there on vacation and didn't know his way around. When the mob wouldn't let him continue straight, he informed them that he was from South Carolina and didn't know any other way around and they started hitting his car and calling a racist for being from SC. That's when he had no choice but to go forward and was then attacked again.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I disagree, I think he had every right to continue through at below the speed limit for his commute. It is not fault of his, nor would it be any of ours that people are jumping out Into the road restricting the flow of commerce and impeding the right to travel freely.

I think darwins awards get passed around here in this circumstances. If someone ends up in the hospital, well it's hardly the fault of the law abiding citizen as opposed to the law breaker. The circumstance is being creAted by the law breaker. All the fault, including if someone is harmed, is of their responsibility.

Problem with your whole premise, the second you intentionally strike someone with your vehicle, you're not a law abiding citizen.

Neither are people intentionally blocking traffic, but if you have an egress path behind you, take it. You want to spend money on a lawyer for taking the shortcut through people, that's your choice to make.

I doubt the driver will be charged, because I'd be surprised if any of these people come forward to give their side considering they know they could be charged too.

You're picking favorites though in what appears to be two sides of dumbass's.

You live in a decent city? Go downtown on a weekend night, surely you'll see drunk assholes cross the street when they are not supposed to, or congregate on the sides where people can park taking up the space. That doesn't give you the right to drive into them just because they are breaking the law.

Both sides are wrong...

My issue is the protesters are intentionally trying to block the car, so they are also responsible for their own injuries. It isn't like they didn't see the car or get hit unknowingly.

With that said, I can also argue the car should have let the mob continue. However, if I am putting up a defense for the car driver, I'd argue the mob was unruly and thus there was a measure of fear. There is plenty of video to support this position.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

No, because I would kick my son's ass if I caught him out there acting like a fool the way they were, and for blocking the road. The ass kicking would be for his own good.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They should give him a reward

I would do it just for his courage to stop and get out to assess the damages with a crowd of zombies running towards him. I can only imagine what he was thinking at his age about the state of idiocy today's kids are in, compared to when he was that age.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Makes one wonder. Who is in command of these cops and where on earth can they hide?

The driver should turn himself in after mowing down some blue men in front of the precinct.

The guy saved his own life and the police want to punish him. I say that makes them anything but cops. Have a ball.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Wouldn't you teach your daughter common sense, like do not protest in the street?
Or even loiter in the street.

Sure looks like what they were doing. Intentionally blocking traffic.

I remember as a child, when we'd see someone that acted like an idiot, we'd say their parents must let them play in the street. That was in the 80's.... Looks like the parents of the late 90's and early 2000's actually DID let their kids play in busy streets. These kids have no idea how stupid they look and act.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The guy saved his own life and the police want to punish him. I say that makes them anything but cops. Have a ball

Did you just pepper in a Lance Armstrong joke there at the end?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Anybody who 'demands respect' is an immature and shortsighted person . And you taught her this?

Do things in the world that are respectable. Respect is earned not demanded. This is the way it's been since time immemorial.
edit on 10-10-2018 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No go zones? Who decides these?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

Would you let your daughter be a part of this?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Is it a crosswalk and not a crowd of people blocking the street? Judging by the actions these scumbags took I don't blame him.
edit on 10-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

In one of the segments in the video I posted, you can clearly see a motorcycle police sitting there too afraid to say anything. That whole department should be fired and hire a department full of Beaufort Pusser's.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Without seeing more footage of what happened here, I can't fully say whether they were just crossing or preventing traffic. Hopefully more footage comes out to show how this whole thing started.

Which is why the cops are asking for more witnesses to come forward. For some reason, they are being demonized for that.

They were there. Watching. This is when police should be vilified, they're there to protect citizens from harm.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

and to demand respect for herself.

Respect is earned, not given, and especially not demanded.

EXACTLY. I would never in a million years teach my sons to demand respect. Instead, I've worked hard on teaching them manners and respect towards others. That's the only way you'll earn respect.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Antifa is a conglomerate of daddy issues and petulant-child syndrome all rolled into a soiled diaper and sprinkled with a dusting of immature angst--they are idiots.

If I were that guy, I would have had two options: Just keep driving, which he should have done, or I would have drawn my weapon inside my vehicle because, at that age or even mine, in that situation he should have been fearing for his life. These people are animals.

He should have kept driving, though, without having gotten out of the car.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
These antifa folks are some of the weirdest, most disheveled looking groups of people I've ever seen. The most mentally weak, ineffectual, under-productive horde of body odor and body fat I've seen. Some guy was eating a taco plate with one hand and pumping a fist with the other in protest! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HUMAN BEINGS!?

We've done this to ourselves. So glad I got out of cities.
edit on 10-10-2018 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Kryties

Yeah, a wrong turn like that bloke who rammed that other protest and killed people?

I can see why the crowd would be nervous.

Yep, nothing smarter than running after a moving car when you are nervous about getting run over by a car?

LOL [shake head]

At no time is it a SMART or GOOD idea to chase after a moving car, especially with a mob?

When is it EVER a good idea to break the simple road rule of "Give Way to Pedestrians"?

They weren't pedestrians. Michael Brown was initially confronted by Officer Darren Wilson because he was walking the middle of the street. Pedestrians don't belong in the middle of the street for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join