It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I would, no question. But... this was not that situation was it?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I guess it depends on the context. Imagine having a Republican bumper sticker and accidentally finding yourself inside a protest right now. I don't know what particularly happened in this circumstance, and investigations are always a good idea, but say if it's a situation where people were threating that person and they feared for their life? Step on the gas.
a reply to: kaylaluv

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

There may be more to the story? but it looks like an evil white man not allowing the peaceful tolerant left destroy his personal property or well being. What an ahole.

edit on 541031America/ChicagoWed, 10 Oct 2018 08:54:03 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Every time my daughter gets in a car, she’s in a dangerous position. What does that have to do with priorities and values?

I have taught my daughter that she has a right to speak up for her and everyone else’s rights. I have taught her to respect others, and to demand respect for herself. I have taught her to defend herself if she needs to. I think we’re just fine on priorities and values.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

If you were truly just crossing the street and this happened, then yes, I would agree with you. If you were blocking the street, preventing anyone from using it, screaming at people and looking like you're on the verge of having a violent episode(like many of these mask wearing "protesters" are), then I wouldn't blame the person for running you over to reach safety.

Without seeing more footage of what happened here, I can't fully say whether they were just crossing or preventing traffic. Hopefully more footage comes out to show how this whole thing started.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Was it a planned protest with no-go zones for cars that the driver ignored?

Even if it was, that is no excuse to start beating on the mans personal property or putting him and others well being on the line. People take wrong turns all the time, this is just insanity.

link   
Looks like the Police Department is redirecting their bad mojo on this driver, it takes away the attention they have been getting from the guy they shot back in September.

+ Top it off with Antifa terrorist... Not good, as Trump would say/P
edit on 56105631am312018Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:56:45 -0500 by imitator because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

Without seeing more footage of what happened here, I can't fully say whether they were just crossing or preventing traffic. Hopefully more footage comes out to show how this whole thing started.

Which is why the cops are asking for more witnesses to come forward. For some reason, they are being demonized for that.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Tore his shirt and cut himself breaking a car window, and he is only 24 !!

Well !! I would be upset too !!

I wonder if Portland has a 'stand your ground" law. After the man drove away, and the crowd ran after him, he could have "been in fear for his life" and let off a few rounds through the car's rear window. That is what would happen where I live.

Of course, we have our own ways of clearing trash from the streets.

link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

I hope in trumps next speech on law-enforcement when he praises the brave, honest, hard-working men and women that protect us .

Then at the very end he says except Seattle/ Portland:

That would be perfect! Name 'em and shame 'em!!!

The bad cops have been shamelessly stealing the valor of good cops for far too long and far too much.

I'd love to see the brave and honorable get the honor they deserve while the dishonorable are oh-so-loudly and clearly excluded.

From your keyboard to Trump's ears....

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: Kryties

No it wasn't, and the group of idiots did not have a permit. They certainly didn't have any right to "direct" traffic nor beat an older gentleman's car. Hope the call by police for those protestors to step forward is a ploy to get them to identify themselves so they cam be charged.

A couple of you have said the demonstrators are being demonized. They had blocked the street and refused to allow anyone to turn left. They certainly were not just crossing the street. Those people are straight up criminals and will be glad when they are finally under the jail.
edit on 10/10/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 10/10/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

What would you do if he ran over your daughter when trying to get a way from a lynch mob for fear of his life?

We need more thinking less protesting.
The whole thing appears to be stupidity from the protesters side , even if the driver was wrong.

You don't go chasing a moving vehicle, it puts everyones life in danger including the protesters.

edit on 031031America/ChicagoWed, 10 Oct 2018 09:03:56 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

and to demand respect for herself.

Respect is earned, not given, and especially not demanded.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Which is why the cops are asking for more witnesses to come forward. For some reason, they are being demonized for that.

Personally, I wouldn't trust those witnesses. People will lie to get what they want, so even if they were harassing this particular vehicle, they won't admit to it. Some may even claim injury just to see the man get in trouble.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Every time my daughter gets in a car, she’s in a dangerous position. What does that have to do with priorities and values?

Reasonable precautions for reasonable risks... Seatbelts? Airbags? Look both ways before crossing the street? And so on? Right??? Big difference than a rogue protest in the way of traffic with no protection.

I have taught my daughter that she has a right to speak up for her and everyone else’s rights. I have taught her to respect others, and to demand respect for herself. I have taught her to defend herself if she needs to. I think we’re just fine on priorities and values.

None of which requires putting one's self in danger, so I hope you also taught her not to play in traffic. Free speech means nothing when you're dead.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It's not entirely clear to me why the police would take this approach. Nothing makes sense anymore.

They are order followers. Morals and right and wrong have no meaning. Like when they stand down to let them take over the city, they were told to, and they did so. Same with this guy, someone told them to, so now they are doing. Pretty simple really.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

Then you are whoafully uninformed of the actual situation in this case. These protesters were BLOCKING the road, and directing traffic themselves. Last I checked, the police are the ones that are supposed to do that job. Here is a video that shows what waas going on before the MSM car video starts showing the full context.

Twitter: Video fo Portland Protesters blocking road and directing traffic

If you actually watch it, I expect a retraction from you on the above statement which you made. Since it is based upon a lack of real information and only based upon your imagination and feelz.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

To be honest it’s probably not the police officers fault. I’m sure they had orders from the top not to interfere .

But you don’t always have to follow orders especially in a situation that could end in death or great bodily harm. The mayor could try to fire one of the police officers that has had enough. But I think the national out rage would make that difficult .

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Personally, I wouldn't trust those witnesses. People will lie to get what they want, so even if they were harassing this particular vehicle, they won't admit to it. Some may even claim injury just to see the man get in trouble.

And I wouldn’t trust the guy driving the car either. He might have gotten in his car specifically to mess with the protesters. Threaten them with his car, get them riled up, so he could play the “victim” and turn them in to the police. Works both ways.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Rod Underhill is just the kind of treasonous slime that must be purged from the government. Anybody in Portland, do not allow him or his family to eat in peace. Surround him with a mob and force him out from public anywhere he is seen. Let the public know of his shameful acts. Lambast And ostricize him any chance provided.

If he does not resign, then it may even be time to search for the victims he has raped and sexually assaulted so that they may come forward and a proper investigation into his character be thoroughly examined to determine if he has the proper temperament to be fit for his duties.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join