It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Want To Charge Driver With Crimes After Escaping Mob Protest

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

With all the craziness coming from far left-wing states, including wanting to allow illegals to vote in our elections, I think it is time to start cessation of states/cities like California, Portland, etc. This is only going to get worse, and eventually the left will get their way because we actually try to continue to be "civil" with them. It is unfortunate but it is time to separate from the union those cities/states that want to resort to criminality so they get their way and they can "transform the U.S. into yet another left-wing dictatorship," and we better do it soon.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: LSU2018

As a Christian, God's not going to keep you out of Heaven for defending your life.

Of course not. When one's life is threatened, proportionate force is justified. That is self defense.

Any other use of deadly force is murder and is not justified.

ETA: God won't keep anyone out of heaven for defending and protecting life -- Christian or not. We may not understand (or want to understand) that we are ALL God's children, but God knows.

I know, I didn't mention that part because it's a given in both of our opinions.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I know, I didn't mention that part because it's a given in both of our opinions.

No worries -- Understood

I didn't intend the ETA for you, or I would have thought to say it from the start. It was an afterthought for those not coming from the same place.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AutisticEvo
Let them bring machetes. Remember the old saying, " never bring a knife to a gun fight,". I will defend my family and property. Any of those black masked devils come within 100 yards of my property with weapon in hand, will be on the wrong side of a .45-70 300 grain hollow point custom loaded for accuracy and foot/pound impact. This would be like getting hit with Thor's hammer and leaves a BIG HOLE.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Are the portland police high? You can see clear as day in the video the thugs attacking his car. If there was no camera they would have killed him. This is a race thing, nothing more. Arrest the thugs disturbing the peace. That woman soulds like a damn banshee.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Portland is the new North Korea.

Perhaps a response with non-lethal weapons like pepper spray and tasers would be a good approach.

It's not entirely clear to me why the police would take this approach. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Vote Democrat and your country will be run like Portland!

I'd sue the police for dereliction of duty, since there were police on the scene.
edit on 11-10-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It's a ruse by the police.

The police are doing this to get the dumbass protesters who were breaking the law to come forward so the police could say "thank you" while the put the cuffs on the dumbass protesters.

These people are stupid.

edit on 11-10-2018 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

if someone or an Angry Dangerous mob was hitting my car, i'd plow through them too for my own safety because they are in fact a dangerous, terrorist mob. And that one guy was hitting the car with a weapon. You are defending criminals. End of story

Edit: Ever heard of self defense?
edit on th2018000000Thursdayth000000Thu, 11 Oct 2018 22:37:33 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 11 Oct 2018 22:37:33 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: szino9

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

I support all parts of the Constitution including freedom of speech, guns and privacy.
The driver had many options via other roads to get where he needed to go.
There choices he could have made differently.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I wouldn't put my daughter in a dangerous position like a protest.

Then again I'm not a political zombie.

I would not put my daughter in a dangerous position in a car driving through a protest packed with people.
The government hate protests since it serves no useful purpose and they should be all shutdown.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Shooting into a crowd of people blocking a street sounds like a great plan. I expect it to happen within the next two years.

I have a better idea actually. I have been spreading it around the internet where confrontational people may read it. Why not just have a group of men with rifles fully loaded with "blank" rounds. They jump out, throw some cheap fireworks store smoke grenades everywhere, and then unload towards the crowd. Then simply stroll away in the chaos of the smoke.

They already brought the riot, and nothing lethal would actually be deployed. Any injury suffered would simply be of their own doing. Sure would piss them off right?? I can't wait to see who pulls it off!! Heck, I may even pay to watch someone livesteam that ...

Can I do it legally if I say it's just another program of the global engagement center to influence targeted populations???

Woah I just realized, I would not even have to pay for it! Money is allocated every year to the global engagement center in the defense budget. I can just send a notarized request for reimbursement and then can assign it a program # for the locality in question.

Man CIA, I'm going to be seeking reimbursement for all these great ideas I keep giving to y'all.
edit on 10-12-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Watch the second Video and clearly this is not protesting. Nothing more than people taking control of a busy street and "bullying" drivers as they drive by. They are not saying anything that amounts to what can be considered protesting. "Your a whitey too arnt you." Guy in car "Why do I have to turn?" protester- "Because I said so."

This makes zero sense. I cannot imagine this does not do wonders for tourism. Portland can have Portland. I will just cross it off of my places to visit.

Lets see how many more West Coast places make the list. I am pretty centrist, but the last few months have been exhaustive. I look at this video and I feel shame. shame that this was ever allowed to happen. You want to protest?
Make a sign get a permit and protest. You want to become a vigilante civil discord of un-justice fighter by taking over a street?
We have a cell for you for that.

Defending this (and I mean no offence to anyone on this forum but don't really care.) is stupid.
edit on 12-10-2018 by PainGod because: grammer

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

If my teen daughter and I were out there protesting and some guy drives his car into my daughter, you’re damned right I would chase after him and give him a piece of my mind. Wouldn’t you?

I support all parts of the Constitution including freedom of speech, guns and privacy.

He tried.
What part of they followed him do you not understand ?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: theantediluvian

Glad to see you supporting violent mobs attacking an elderly person! Are your parents still alive? If they are, I hope they are randomly attacked by the violent thugs you are sticking up for! Karma is a bitch!

Fella, don't be like Don Lemon.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Boadicea
So... you condone violence, so long as it is directed at people you disagree with?

No he was pointing out your commander in chief condones violence and has announced as much publicly.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Except that's not what happened and the video shows it/you know it...

But good on you for letting your freak flag fly and showing everyone else just how willingly you lie to them and yourself purely to fit the narrative YOU WANT!

Not many people have such courage to just openly flush any and all credibility / self respect / pretense at caring even a little about human decency or the rule of law that way...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Kryties

a reply to: Kryties

Yeah, a wrong turn like that bloke who rammed that other protest and killed people?

I can see why the crowd would be nervous.

Yep, nothing smarter than running after a moving car when you are nervous about getting run over by a car?

LOL [shake head]

At no time is it a SMART or GOOD idea to chase after a moving car, especially with a mob?

When is it EVER a good idea to break the simple road rule of "Give Way to Pedestrians"?

Its a GOOD idea when the pedestrians are a lynch mob and you fear for your life.

Like I said, I have no clue from what has been released so far if the driver is at fault in any way. However, like I said before as well, it is never a GOOD or SMART idea to chase after a car. It puts your life at danger and the life of others at danger.

If he saw the pedestrians as a "lynch mob" why then did he turn into them and drive through them?

Darwin Award perhaps?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Another perspective: the crowd of protesters were moving across the street. The driver decided to plow through them, rather than waiting for them to pass. What would happen to you if you decided to plow through a crowd of people crossing a street?

Plow through them at .01 mph...?
edit on 12-10-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: jacobe001

He tried.
What part of they followed him do you not understand ?

What I am saying is that the government have no use for protests and they would rather have them all shutdown. What better way to do that than do shine a light on rioters and protestors blocking the street.

These people do not shovel millions of dollars to politicians so they are of no use to them.
Continue to make all protestors look evil and shut them down.

There is no room for protestors in the NWO.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Kryties

Yeah, a wrong turn like that bloke who rammed that other protest and killed people?

I can see why the crowd would be nervous.

Yep, nothing smarter than running after a moving car when you are nervous about getting run over by a car?

LOL [shake head]

At no time is it a SMART or GOOD idea to chase after a moving car, especially with a mob?

When is it EVER a good idea to break the simple road rule of "Give Way to Pedestrians"?

Its a GOOD idea when the pedestrians are a lynch mob and you fear for your life.

Like I said, I have no clue from what has been released so far if the driver is at fault in any way. However, like I said before as well, it is never a GOOD or SMART idea to chase after a car. It puts your life at danger and the life of others at danger.

If he saw the pedestrians as a "lynch mob" why then did he turn into them and drive through them?

Darwin Award perhaps?

Yes the protestors are definite darwin candidates chasing a moving vehicle .

Like i said i dont know the details from that short clip but one thing is certain the protestors are Complete morons even if they were on the right . They are also aholes for putting others life in danger by surrounding a moving car, luckily no one was hurt.

He turned into them at .01 mph then when they swarmed his car he gunned it, luckily nobody was hurt.

You asked when its a good idea to run into pedestrians the answer is when you fear for your life and are chased by a lynch mob. Again from that video their is not enough to determine who is on the right or wrong or what state of mind the driver was in, but one thing for sure is the protesters are idiots going after a moving vehicle. Not even my dog is that dumb.

edit on 591031America/ChicagoFri, 12 Oct 2018 06:59:46 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join