It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Seeks to Stifle Protests Near White House and on National Mall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
When conservatives are continuously attacked, spit on, and then demonized by the MSM just for supporting Trump. Don't act surprised when a lot of us don't give a # that they are cracking down on protesting laws. Plus, I rarely see anyone on the right protesting anything really, but if there was something worth protesting about. I wouldn't give a crap if it was unlawful or not.

You have been played. Your attitude is what has led to the erosion of rights through history.

You don't care now because your side is on top, but that is only temporary. The political pendulum always swings back and when it does you will have one less freedom due to short-sightedness.

I haven’t been played and I don’t have a side. I vote on both sides of the aisle. The only ones eroding their rights are crazy left breaking laws while trying to hide behind the word protesting.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

So as long as it's aimed at your political opponents you're cool with it? I'm not.

9/11 happened, and then "to protect us from terrorists" they introduced the patriot act, and if you are being investigated for terrorism, which people loosely throw around on this site daily.

The government doesn't have to try and blur the lines anymore, people are willfully taking part in doing so for them, on both sides.

While you may be happy, and trust Trump as others have trusted Bush and Obama before... We may not see the abuse happen now, or with the next president. But the erosion of our rights sets the stage for someone to abuse the powers in the future.

I wish those on the right that were so adamant about "not giving an inch" in gun rights would do the same with the rest of them, rather than compromise so that their political opponents couldn't act out.
edit on 10-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt I guess you guys only like protests when tiki torches are involved? "Rights for me but not for thee!"

Hey guys we're all Nazis again.

Back to liberalism 101, I see.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Plotus
Let them do it.... and if they go violent, bust heads and take them under arrest to a detention center to be processed. A center in say North Dakota where they can face a magistrate and sentencing. After their time is served or their fine paid. Release them.

I see you support removing first amendment rights and due process.

You mean like what the Left tried to do to Kavanaugh?
Hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I wish those on the right that were so atonement about "not giving an inch" in gun rights would do the same with the rest of them, rather than compromise so that their political opponents couldn't act out.

While I appreciate your passion, could you please point out to me how this change in the cfr changes anyones "rights"?
I provided an actual link to the parks service and the proposed change and the parks that it would affect earlier in this thread.

Spoiler alert:
it does not
this has been disingenuously portrayed as something it is not

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
President Snowflake needs his safe space. Not surprised the ATS trumpistas are denying the blatant constitutional infringement this move would be. I guess you guys only like protests when tiki torches are involved? "Rights for me but not for thee!"

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You very well may be right.

Unfortunately it's been hard wading through all the spin and BS around here lately, I'm doing my best, and sometimes I'll be wrong.

That said, you can typically gamble on me arguing against anything that appears to be taking away rights, not just mine or that of shared ideologies, but all rights, all the time.

I'll look into the points you brought up though.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If people want to stand in the public space in front of the White House and yell and hold up signs and be peaceful, who cares.

But the reality is that this isn't an action by Trump, it's a proposal. You call it an action, but nothing is done yet, soooooooo...

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

That said, you can typically gamble on me arguing against anything that appears to be taking away rights, not just mine or that of shared ideologies, but all rights, all the time.

As should we all.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Plotus
Let them do it.... and if they go violent, bust heads and take them under arrest to a detention center to be processed. A center in say North Dakota where they can face a magistrate and sentencing. After their time is served or their fine paid. Release them.

I see you support removing first amendment rights and due process.

What about the First Amendment ?
I think you should reread it
Also , there are local and State ordinances that one must follow for a peaceful assembly
Get it ?
The First Amendment only allows for the right of the people peaceably to assemble
Again , get it ?
From a once "Long-Haired Liberal Tree-Hugging Protesting Hippie"

Just another thread based on a severe lack of understanding from you.

edit on 10/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The so-called “party of the constitution” strikes again. If you want to know what Republicans are guilty of, just look at what they accuse everyone else of.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

so now in addition to paying for permits one would have to buy a copy of said document?

Nope, you can use a coupon to get one for free and then apply as you would any other ass-cleaning substance.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Hmm , Charmin, or the Constitution for tp ....
Naw I'll just use federal reserve notes. You can put them in your wallet when I'm done if you like.

Sure, send them my way, I'm good at laundering money.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
9/11 happened, and then "to protect us from terrorists" they introduced the patriot act, and if you are being investigated for terrorism, which people loosely throw around on this site daily.

Not only should people I disagree with politically be investigated as terrorists, their actions should be declared seditious and they should be shot in public, preferably on the Capitol steps, since we're basically in a civil war and I need to *pew* *pew* these traitors.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

What? That had nothing to do with my post about the history of the political pendulum swinging.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

I wish those on the right that were so atonement about "not giving an inch" in gun rights would do the same with the rest of them, rather than compromise so that their political opponents couldn't act out.

While I appreciate your passion, could you please point out to me how this change in the cfr changes anyones "rights"?
I provided an actual link to the parks service and the proposed change and the parks that it would affect earlier in this thread.

Spoiler alert:
it does not
this has been disingenuously portrayed as something it is not

Doesn't matter. I bet the MSM is running full speed ahead about this being Trump's unconstitutional call for silencing free speech tonight. They can't help themselves.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

probably not as good a cleaning substance for the job as these
www.dudeproducts.com...
but it may do in a bind

one could make out like a bandit on double coupon day at the safeway

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

its ok

Allow your enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I took a bit of a leap, just pointing out how easily we throw negative language on political opponents could equate to the someone in power exploiting that to abuse power.

Might not happen today, or tommorow, but an asshole always comes along. We have proven to be frogs in a pot of water that is increasing in temperature, we rarely stop to think about how different the heat was now from 10 years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join