It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Seeks to Stifle Protests Near White House and on National Mall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Pay to protest. You are too poor to have a voice, move on.
edit on 10/10/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
President Snowflake needs his safe space. Not surprised the ATS trumpistas are denying the blatant constitutional infringement this move would be. I guess you guys only like protests when tiki torches are involved? "Rights for me but not for thee!"

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The First Amendment does not provide the right to conduct an assembly at which there is a clear and present danger of riot, disorder, or interference with traffic on public streets, or other immediate threat to public safety or order.[13

After several years of BLM and anfita, among others, being able to block major highways and streets and businesses, lefties have grown ignorant of the First Amendment.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crtrvt
Not surprised headline zombies sound like idiots when it shows they have not bothered to read the draft proposals cited in the actual article.

Well i don't know what else to say the ignorance is blatantly on display.
edit on 10-10-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
President Snowflake needs his safe space. Not surprised the ATS trumpistas are denying the blatant constitutional infringement this move would be. I guess you guys only like protests when tiki torches are involved? "Rights for me but not for thee!"

Whataboutism!

Did I do that right?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When the protests resemble a child’s temper-tantrum, the best thing the adults can do is be stern. They were banging on the doors of the Supreme Court. Imagine the cost of all this security.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Shoving people off into Designated Free Speech Zones is language the banshee choir should understand and appreciate.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
When conservatives are continuously attacked, spit on, and then demonized by the MSM just for supporting Trump. Don't act surprised when a lot of us don't give a # that they are cracking down on protesting laws. Plus, I rarely see anyone on the right protesting anything really, but if there was something worth protesting about. I wouldn't give a crap if it was unlawful or not.

You have been played. Your attitude is what has led to the erosion of rights through history.

You don't care now because your side is on top, but that is only temporary. The political pendulum always swings back and when it does you will have one less freedom due to short-sightedness.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   
www.nps.gov...

Under the proposed changes, 36 CFR 7.96 would no longer apply to parks outside of the immediate D.C. area. These parks would process permit applications directly - rather than going through the National Mall permit office - according to national regulations.
This would include:

Manassas National Battlefield Park
Prince William Forest Park
Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts
Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park - the portion outside of D.C. and Montgomery County, Md.

The proposed changes would apply to all of the following:

Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park - the portion located in D.C. and Montgomery County, Md.
George Washington Memorial Parkway
National Capital Parks - East
National Mall and Memorial Parks
President's Park
Rock Creek Park

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The Constitution is a useless piece of paper that should be placed on a supermarket shelf next to the Charmin.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

Oh look, the one protest a handful of white supremacists had and that's the only one the left can bring up because nobody on the right protests. Meanwhile, left wingers are trying to beat doors down, pin Republican Senators in corners to bully them, demand cars go a certain route and beat on the cars if they don't, burn police cars to the ground, loot businesses, silence Conservative speakers, etc. etc..

Not one single person would have known about the white supremacist protest if antifa hadn't shown up looking for a fight and if the media wasn't so obsessed with linking it to Trump, which was just one of their thousands of fails. Keep hanging on to it though, it's all you have.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Constitution is a useless piece of paper that should be placed on a supermarket shelf next to the Charmin.

so now in addition to paying for permits one would have to buy a copy of said document?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Hmm , Charmin, or the Constitution for tp ....
Naw I'll just use federal reserve notes. You can put them in your wallet when I'm done if you like.
edit on 10-10-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

When the protests resemble a child’s temper-tantrum, the best thing the adults can do is be stern. They were banging on the doors of the Supreme Court. Imagine the cost of all this security.

Exactly. When the kids are being annoying, you send them to their room or outside to play. I fully understand, I was a child once. Luckily my parents disciplined me and taught me manners and respect so I outgrew the childish tantrums before my teenage years. It's really a crying shame that college aged kids and people in their 30's and 40's still have that pre-teen mentality.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Lumenari

I think they should make being paid to protest illegal.

Or just enforce the sedition laws on the books.

Then there wouldn't be a crowd.

I think you should address the OP topic and not deflect with unprovable irrelevancy.

Most people dont care what you think.

Im now pro-stifling.

Stifle Away Mr President!

TRUMP 2020

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
When conservatives are continuously attacked, spit on, and then demonized by the MSM just for supporting Trump. Don't act surprised when a lot of us don't give a # that they are cracking down on protesting laws. Plus, I rarely see anyone on the right protesting anything really, but if there was something worth protesting about. I wouldn't give a crap if it was unlawful or not.

You have been played. Your attitude is what has led to the erosion of rights through history.

You don't care now because your side is on top, but that is only temporary. The political pendulum always swings back and when it does you will have one less freedom due to short-sightedness.

We'll see. Normally I'd say you're right about that pendulum but politics have never been as polarized as they are today. The democrats are blowing their own feet off on a near daily basis, and I'm not just talking about anti-Trump/Republican/SCOTUS nominee protests, I'm talking about actual elected officials and they double down on their already doubled down stupidity in their effort to rebound. In years past, the Republican pres would get complacent and start breaking promises which would push moderates to the left and then the democrat pres would get complacent and the pendulum would swing back to the right.

But the major issues our country faced were issues both sides knew were issues. Today in this polarized society, the major issues that the right still see as major, like illegal immigration, drugs, high crime black neighborhoods, etc., are no longer seen as major issues to the left. Both parties used to praise police and a strong military and now the left oppose both because they don't want to praise one single thing the right praise. The line has been exploded into the sand and for that reason, I'm not sure how long it will be before the pendulum swings back the other way unless democrats toss the radicals out and revamp.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You're always full of # aren't you? Plus a liar and dishonest person.

Color me surprised.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

You're always full of # aren't you? Plus a liar and dishonest person.

Color me surprised.

That is quite an assessment.
If nothing else at the least a horse of a different color.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Op protests Trump.

Trump supports protest the op.

The circle of life.

And none of us got paid for it or had pro signs made.

GRASS ROOTS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join