It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down vote posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Am I missing something here?
You cannot down vote posts, why not?
Adding stars is great, but so is taking them away.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing
I agree and wonder the same.
I don't expect to see it implemented though.

edit on 10-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: clarity

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

If you give someone a star why would you want to take it away? I give stars out for silly things and also well thought out reply even if I don't agree with what they are saying. I personally like the ATS way of doing things. This isn't Reddit damnit.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Because there are so many different outlooks on ATS that ALL views are minority views.
So if "negative stars" or something like that were made possible, every single post would be drowned in them.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

If someone stars a post, then they are saying that THEY like or agree with it. Why should another person be able to take that star away, when the reason it was put there has nothing to do with them?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Because there are so many different outlooks on ATS that ALL views are minority views.
So if "negative stars" or something like that were made possible, every single post would be drowned in them.

OMG for one day it would be very interesting to see. But that format would discourage people from posting again and would break ATS.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

This idea pops up like clockwork. The cost/benefit of down votes has been discussed by owners and staff several times and the current system remains the favoured option. There'll be an announcement thread in the future if this changes.

Question answered and thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join