It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Let's play Devil's Advocate, shall we? Certainly this r0xor guy is a liberal. Let's roast him since we can't lynch him. No, you have me all wrong, I illustrate things that people indoctrinated politically or in a fervor don't see. Because.. well.. 50% of Americans overall agree with them lockstep and 50% don't. People can escape that reality by surrounding themselves with like-minded people, in most cases they already have. They may have even been surrounded before they knew what to choose for themselves. Something about kids growing up in a household that's left or right and having family traditions. Maybe it was young people embracing the political stances of their friends or fraternity/sorority. Being accepted is worth anything to most of them. Suppose I was a new member of a college club. They're having parties, they're popular, they're getting laid by hot girls, I'd have friends in high places for life, etc. The logical next step would be fitting in and embracing group majority ideology or political stance. I wonder how many impressionable guys that eat, sleep, and defecate the posts on these forums aligned themselves politically with the majority of the more vocal, active members here. No one would ever admit it, thus it's an unanswerable question that would be met with contempt. After all, it might ruffle feathers.

Onto the political doom pr0n you've been waiting for ever since you read the title of this post. Wouldn't it be something if a blue wave not only happens, but is stronger than expected due to the divisions that have been deepened since 2016? Most have assumed that the dems will take the house but what if they pull an upset and take the senate too? It's unlikely but possible. I personally thought the Kavanaugh debacle was a dramatic soap opera sideshow, but many on the left as well as the right didn't think so. Suppose there were effects from the increased polarization and division which makes dem voters come out in a show of force? They're better at influencing people to vote dem because they claim to be for the people. Suppose the extra funding from the billionaires coupled with increased dissatisfaction with the white house and rep controlled senate sparks a bigger effect than anticipated and the reps lose the house and the senate. *gasp*

What would the effect on our government be in such a scenario? Basically nothing gets put into law? I'd imagine President Trump wouldn't sign off on most of a dem controlled government's bills. In turn, anything short of an executive order wouldn't fly either, correct? With how retarded and hateful people have been acting on the internet, I think it'd be best to gridlock the checks and balances to their dismay. People aren't exactly viewing current events and politics with a sound mind lately. The left and the right have seriously demonized each other. Commies vs Nazis. Atheists vs Christians. LGBT vs Hetero. Men vs Women. Patriots vs Traitors (lol). I simply don't trust you if you're spouting a bunch of political crap regularly on the internet, cyber patting yourself and your friends on the back. Your perception of reality when you interact with society for any reason is way left or right from center therefore incorrect, bias, naive, quixotic, judgemental, sometimes sexist, racist, how about ignorant.

I don't care about Hillary's cough or Trump's fake tan, why do you? Lock her up! Impeach him! Lol, GTFO of here with that nonsense. Nothing is going to happen to any of them. You make yourselves look like cheerleaders or groupies. You have no impact on policy, decisions, or the political stance of your fellow man, except in the case of an impressionable guy that wants to fit in with a group. No worries, I understand that this post is as pointless as the mud throwing and will influence no one. Like the mud throwing it'll probably receive a negative reaction though. To that I say good, I hope it gets on someone's nerves because someone is definitely getting on mine.

edit on 10/9/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Yep. So many like to slap themselves on their own backs for having been ardent comprehenders of ''the truth''. For having a more astute understanding of the complexities of political reality. Yet, much like you point out, I think that for the most part it is life long peer pressure that sets the tone of adults beliefs.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

The division has sadly been since 2008. I voted for Obama. He took the country back to the 50s or before. Sad but true.
Now we have a President that is uncouth. At best. But is working for the USA. So it is.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

You should have explained your position entirely in questions, with Bible Code cyphers, and with astrological star maps provided for the moment you post every post you make. Oh and number each post like verses in the Bible, and obtuse acronyms at every stage, with a dash of numerology wherever else you can fit it (or at least make it look like thats what you did so people will go extra bonkers over all of it). Oh, and change your 'name' to just one single letter or number.

edit on 10-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   

You make yourselves look like cheerleaders or groupies. You have no impact on policy, decisions, or the political stance of your fellow man

Well stated - even if the "deep state" is cleansed another will arise to take its place.

People are under the illusion that their vote matters.

All that matters are the lobbyists and the continuing kleptocracy that rules over you.

new topics

top topics

join