It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to search Saudi consulate for Jamal Khashoggi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Imagine that, a Saudi critic in Turkey running from the Saudi regime goes into the Saudi consulate and never comes out!

He’s also an American journalist

This has become an international mystery. Most suspect foul play by the sinister Saudi regime.

One story has a hit team of 15 waiting for him inside the consulate

Preplanned Murder": Turkey Says 15-Member Saudi Hit Team Murdered Journalist Inside Consulate
www.zerohedge.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

Istanbul, Turkey – Saudi Arabia will allow Turkish authorities to search the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Turkish foreign ministry said, a week after the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi during a visit to the premises.
"Saudi authorities let us know that they are open to cooperation and an examination can be carried out in the consulate building," Hami Aksoy, a foreign ministry spokesperson, said in a statement on Tuesday.
Two Turkish prosecutors have been assigned to manage the planned search at the consulate building, state media reported.
The date and time of the search have yet to be announced.
Khashoggi, a Saudi writer critical of government policies, entered the consulate on October 2, to handle a routine paperwork issue, but he never came out, Turkish authorities say.

Here’s a picture of the guy going in but apparently there’s none of him going out!

edit on 9-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You could probably bet this is the truth. All of these places are bugged by the local intel agencies. Just like in the James Bond movies

Remember, Russia with Love

Khashoggi's fiance, who was waiting outside at the time of his disappearance on Tuesday, said he simply never came out. Since that time there's been an international outcry and search for the missing journalist — a Washington Post columnist and former editor of a couple major Saudi newspapers — who had a reputation as an outspoken critic of Saudi Arabia's rulers. He was initially widely reported"detained" inside the consul premises by Saudi authorities.
Saudi officials have vehemently denied having ever detained Khashoggi and have repeatedly said he freely left the embassy not long after he entered. The Saudi crown prince (MBS) himself on Friday invited Turkish authorities to enter the building to conduct an investigation, telling Bloomberg: "We are ready to welcome the Turkish government to go and search our premises," he said of the consulate which is Saudi sovereign territory. "We will allow them to enter and search and do whatever they want to do...We have nothing to hide," MBS added.
not much media as usually these hurricanes elicit.

But Turkish police, after initiating their search of the Saudi diplomatic compound on Saturday, unexpectedly reached the following shocking conclusion, according to the Washington Post:

Turkey has concluded that Jamal Khashoggi, a prominent journalist from Saudi Arabia, was killed in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul earlier this week by a Saudi team sent “specifically for the murder,” two people with knowledge of the probe said Saturday.

Likely this will set off a major diplomatic scandal between Ankara and Riyadh as no doubt the Saudis expected a clean bill of health, otherwise they would have never made such an offer to search the heavily guarded and fortified compound in the first place.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia will allow Turkish authorities to search the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Turkish foreign ministry said, a week after the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi during a visit to the premises.

Hah, what a joke.

Look how big that place is...

Turkey: ''what room did he go into''
Saudi: '' He went into Room 2B ''

Turkey looks in room 2B.. nothing there!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
100% chance they find his passport.

😁

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I honestly don’t know why the world even puts up with Saudi Arabia and there ancient barbaric ideals. there shouldn’t be trade or travel with them period,no oil money and no food.

Slavery,pedophila rampant all the way up to the highest levels of the ruling class,executions for menial crimes. People oppressed both willing and unwilling under the thumb of the dogmatic fundamentalist muslim ideology.

Not to mention they fund a boat load of terrorism.

This is but one example of their savage ways, tall gleaming building but with black hearts.

a reply to: Willtell

edit on 9-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
They put up with them because of their big bucks.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Glass em I guess 🤷‍♂️ Too wasteful I suppose plus a lot of innocent would get mixed in.

Deliver some freedom then. Let the oppressed people decide.

edit on 9-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i am not sure which " version " of this tail is more depressing :

A - the one that turns out to be true - the sauidis really did send 15 blokes to murder one guy - inside thier own consulate

B - the one where it turns out to be utter bollox - i personally - could not make this crap up

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Interesting that this has made its way
through the headlines.

There are countless episodes such as this
that were scrubbed due to Saudi Investment
in Media(shareholder leverage) over the years.

Something is afoot.
S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not funny.
Even though you are on target.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Glass em I guess 🤷‍♂️ Too wasteful I suppose plus a lot of innocent would get mixed in.

Deliver some freedom then. Let the oppressed people decide.

So your saying we should destroy ANOTHER middle eastern country then let the people there clean up the mess?

Sure, because that seems to work soooo well.

sigh..

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
He was found desmembered.

ETA- Thought I had posted the linky, appears I misread the article very odd wording to say he’s suspected of being dismembered.
www.foxnews.com...
edit on 10/10/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

Now I’m more confused

Turkish government officials have concluded that Saudi agents killed missing Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi at the kingdom's Istanbul consulate and dismembered his body with a bone saw, The New York Times reported late Tuesday. The Times report, which cited a senior official in the Ankara government, said Turkish authorities believe Khashoggi was murdered on orders from "the highest levels of the royal court" in Riyadh. The official compared the operation to the 1993 movie "Pulp Fiction."

Turkish officials have not stated how they determined that Khashoggi was killed at the consulate. Turkey has said it will search the consulate for signs of what happened to Khashoggi, but has not said when it will do so.

edit on 10/10/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

retracted .
edit on 10-10-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

citation required
Fixed looks like I misread a poorly worded article.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Khashoggi case: CCTV disappears from Saudi consulate in Turkey

Security camera footage was removed from the Saudi consulate in Istanbul and Turkish staff were abruptly told to take a holiday on the day the dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi disappeared while inside the building, Turkish authorities have claimed.

If this article is correct, then I extend my condolences to Mr. Khashoggi's family, friends and associates.

In keeping with the times, Saudi consulates should probably update their lists of services to include murder and corpse disposal.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Scary story in hindsight it seems foolish he just walked in there. What was he thinking?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Scary story in hindsight it seems foolish he just walked in there. What was he thinking?
Marriage it always kills ya one way or the other....

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

That's not funny. He died unmarried. Getting married too late in life seems deadly in this case.
edit on 10-10-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

That's not funny. He died unmarried. Getting married too late in life seems deadly in this case.

I apologize and if that’s the case I’m doomed!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Why do you have to walk into Saudi Arabian consulate? Or visit China? It's really a shame in 2018 human rights seem so much in decline.

<<   2  3 >>

join