It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Michael strengthens into a Category 3 storm

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   
6abc.com...

Strange, these storms are usually not on us so quickly.

The last storm they were hawking it days before it hit. Now I’m not an expert on this but isn’t this one a fast arrival?

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. --
A fast and furious Hurricane Michael sped toward the Florida Panhandle on Tuesday with 120 mph winds and a potential storm surge of 13 feet, giving tens of thousands of people precious little time to get out or board up.

Drawing energy from the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, the storm strengthened rapidly into a potentially devastating Category 3 by evening. It was expected to blow ashore around midday Wednesday near Panama City Beach, along a lightly populated stretch of fishing villages and white-sand spring-break beaches

Let's get our ATS weather conspiracy experts on this.

And let us all hope for the safety of the people in the way of the hurricane

edit on 9-10-2018 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It's all because of DARPA and HAARP experiments.

There's too much salt in the water.

😎🚬

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just saw on the news that this storm is expected to grow into a Cat. 4 by tomorrow. It's because of the warm water(s) in the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
be safe friends.........its not to be messed with......please check in with us, and face book if you can to let us know youre ok

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My family in the area are going to shelters, it's just too risky where they are located.

Please access shelters if need be.
So many pets were left behind during Florence as in other hurricanes, please note the following,
Pet owner rights and shelters if deciding on whether to stay home versus the safety of a shelter.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I’m not an expert but I recall the MSM was all over the last storm for days. I guess this one is a fast developer and so far not much media, as usual, these hurricanes elicit.

Again good advice from above to get to safety fast.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Nope. They've been forecasting this since the weekend.

Here's where to get non sensational forecasts. www.nhc.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks for that

But since when does the media not be all over these hurricanes

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Looks like it's going to hit shore at 2am too.

No bueno

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Since they figured out they can clear out an entire states store shelves and gas pumps.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Gulf storms are notorious for heating up in super fast order because the water is always warm.

This one has no wind shear and has been forecast as being likely to grow fast and NOAA got it right so far.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Nope. They've been forecasting this since the weekend.

Here's where to get non sensational forecasts. www.nhc.noaa.gov...

< br />
I just heard about it the day before yesterday, and now all of a sudden it's coming in tomorrow. Very unusual to come in so fast and it grow from tropical storm to almost cat 4 hurricane in about 2 days.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Gulf-formed storms are nothing new.

I live literally on the coast of Texas, the upper Texas coast, and everyone down here that is permanent resident watches very closely every little deoression that forms near the gulf as each one can suddenly spin up overnight.

We had one form overnight about 10 years ago called Humberto and it became a cat 1 when over land! Also Allison (tropical storm) suddenly changed course about 2am. Instead of going into Corpus Christi as predicted, she sat on Galveston and flooded Houston (and us here, we were stuck for two weeks+) then passed over Houston to return. The damage was almost as bad as the recent Harvey.

Down here, you watch closely and are ready to bug-out quickly beginning in June until November.

Mg

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
A combination of very warm water and favorable environmental conditions enabled Michael to explode into a major hurricane.

It is not unprecedented.

I do feel strongly most storms are over hyped. This one may be the exception as serious to catastrophic damage appears inevitable.

Hopefully those in the danger zone have headed the warnings and either evacuated or in a safe structure high enough to avoid the storm surge.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Stay safe whoever is in harms way!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Category 4 now.
www.foxnews.com...

Conditions must be perfect for Michael to strengthen so quickly.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Looks like it's going to hit shore at 2am too.

No bueno

The Weather Channel just said the EYE of Michael will come ashore at approximately 2pm (ET) Wednesday afternoon, as a Category 4 storm.

This will be the first hurricane to come ashore (in the U.S.) during daylight hours over the past couple of seasons.
edit on 10/10/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Strong Cat 4. Very dangerous storm. Reminds me of Katrina. There wasn't much coverage that i saw on evacuations, but i truly hope people left, but i have a feeling a lot stayed thinking it was going to be a Cat 2.

Hunker down and stay safe Florida. Heed the warnings.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

My partner and I live in Tallahassee. Expecting power outages and we are prepared. Evacuation were ordered for some along the Gulf Coast. We are in a safe place but Tally is going to get that North East edge which has dangerous winds. My partner is a nurse so we can't evacuate. Praying for no tornados. I'll keep updating when possible.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Wishing you the best and stay safe in your actions.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join