It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much carbon tax do you support?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SofaKing

"How much carbon tax do you support?"

At least 100%.

Perhaps more, depending on how much of Al Gore's jet-fuel that we need to compensate for.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

If I wanted to support BS I would just go feed the neighbor's cows...

Oh wait... that makes greenhouse gasses too.

So zero would be a good number.

To balance the CO2/methane out. We need to call for cow genocide .

“eat more chikin ”

But the Cows are fighting back .

It’s a good thing the chickens are resilient .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

"How much carbon tax do you support?"

At least 100%.

Perhaps more, depending on how much of Al Gore's jet-fuel that we need to compensate for.

Oxygen taxes are next... but, helium taxes will end us. Where is a society, without whimsy?"

(I bet the first guy that inhaled helium, was very relieved when the effects proved to be short lived...)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
We let them tax the cars and the next thing you know, they'll tax you for breathing.

After all, just getting rid of your freedom to drive wasn't enough. Your carbon footprint is still too big because you had a heat wave last summer.
edit on 9-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The people who want to initiate the carbon tax are well off and their personal uses will be exempt because of their position in the governing agency. It is just a way of taxing the hell out of people. I am all for conservation but am against this carbon lie they have created. They want the majority of people to not be able to comprehend what is going on, they have been prescribing meds and glorifying foods that accomplish the dumbing down effect for a long time now. Most people do not even know their common sense has been jeopardized, they are believing things that are not real. If you dull someone's intellect, they cannot comprehend it is happening most times, they get more narrow minded and set into their beliefs. It is easier to do that than be able to research to find the truth, especially when your ability to reason is lessened.

I even think that the people running our countries are somewhat blind to what is going on in this matter, they feel they know everything since they are at the top. They inappropriately think that they are immune from side effects of their deceit, unable to comprehend that their children will someday be slaves to someone and that they themselves will be considered loose ends in a few years, most are just puppets of the puppetmaster. Evidence is being created to prove that what they are saying is right, evidence that is not gathered properly or does not truly fit needed pertinence to what they are applying it to.

It is one hell of a big scam based off of a real issue, we must start taking very good care of our environment. But their collected taxes are not going to do much, they believe we will use less if we have to pay a lot. Trouble is people will be freezing to death or not be able to get to work because fuel and transportation services will be too expensive.

Technology is being used against us to make us believe in a scam to make some people rich.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Why in hell would you want to kill the economy with a stupid carbon tax? Junk climate science is like old nostrums of tonic salesmen or those electrical gadgets to treat all kinds of aliments.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Admitting I may be posting under the influence tonight. Why do we never talk about the other by-product of spent fuel, H2O? The most abundant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. What are you doing to stop dangerous greenhouse water vapors from trapping heat on this rock and cooking us all?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Admitting I may be posting under the influence tonight. Why do we never talk about the other by-product of spent fuel, H2O? The most abundant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. What are you doing to stop dangerous greenhouse water vapors from trapping heat on this rock and cooking us all?

Dihydrogen monoxide is the silent killer that no one talks about.

Hundreds of millions of deaths have been attributed to dihydrogen monoxide, and NO ONE says a thing...

It is the number one killer on the planet... people are just blind.
edit on 9-10-2018 by madmac5150 because: Ducks love dihydrogen monoxide!!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SofaKing

originally posted by: drewlander

20 lbs of by-products created from 6 lbs of gasoline.

Umm... okay.

What part of that do you not understand?

Simple mass balance grade 10 chemistry.

www.fueleconomy.gov...

How can 6 pounds of gasoline create 19 pounds of Carbon dioxide?

It seems impossible that a gallon of gasoline, which weighs about 6.3 pounds, could produce 20 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) when burned. However, most of the weight of the CO2 doesn't come from the gasoline itself, but the oxygen in the air.

When gasoline burns, the carbon and hydrogen separate. The hydrogen combines with oxygen to form water (H2O), and carbon combines with oxygen to form carbon dioxide (CO2).

CO2 molecule with one carbon atom (atomic weight 12) and two oxygen atoms (atomic weight of 16 each)A carbon atom has a weight of 12, and each oxygen atom has a weight of 16, giving each single molecule of CO2 an atomic weight of 44 (12 from carbon and 32 from oxygen).

Therefore, to calculate the amount of CO2 produced from a gallon of gasoline, the weight of the carbon in the gasoline is multiplied by 44/12 or 3.7.

Since gasoline is about 87% carbon and 13% hydrogen by weight, the carbon in a gallon of gasoline weighs 5.5 pounds (6.3 lbs. x .87).

We can then multiply the weight of the carbon (5.5 pounds) by 3.7, which equals 20 pounds of CO2!
]

The 20 pound number is assuming 100% efficiency and failing to look at other byproducts from the burning of fuel.
It wasn't long ago that my smog checks came with results I could see of the byproducts. Usually they were in .2 or .02 ppm (parts per million).
A quick video talking about burning- In this case wood burning, but the principle is the same.
science360.gov...

ETA:
Gas efficiency is around 20%. Diesel up to 40%.

www.greencarreports.com...

Look into extraordinary claims.
One has never been able to produce more than the sum of it's parts (unless you procreate). Getting 20 pounds from 6 pounds is a crap claim.
edit on 9-10-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Oh, look. A butterfly. . .

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

One has never been able to produce more than the sum of it's parts (unless you procreate). Getting 20 pounds from 6 pounds is a crap claim

Another person who failed grade 10 chemistry.

Is it that hard to understand that carbon combines with oxygen from the air?

It is simple combustion of a clean hydrocarbon chain.

Are you that stupid that you think you are smart?

Really?

The education system has failed us, no wonder the masses are so easily manipulated.

This ain't freaking rocket science, wake up.

It seems impossible that a gallon of gasoline, which weighs about 6.3 pounds, could produce 20 pounds of carbon dioxide (CO2) when burned. However, most of the weight of the CO2 doesn't come from the gasoline itself, but the oxygen in the air.

When gasoline burns, the carbon and hydrogen separate. The hydrogen combines with oxygen to form water (H2O), and carbon combines with oxygen to form carbon dioxide (CO2).

CO2 molecule with one carbon atom (atomic weight 12) and two oxygen atoms (atomic weight of 16 each)A carbon atom has a weight of 12, and each oxygen atom has a weight of 16, giving each single molecule of CO2 an atomic weight of 44 (12 from carbon and 32 from oxygen).

Therefore, to calculate the amount of CO2 produced from a gallon of gasoline, the weight of the carbon in the gasoline is multiplied by 44/12 or 3.7.

Since gasoline is about 87% carbon and 13% hydrogen by weight, the carbon in a gallon of gasoline weighs 5.5 pounds (6.3 lbs. x .87).

We can then multiply the weight of the carbon (5.5 pounds) by 3.7, which equals 20 pounds of CO2!

edit on 10-10-2018 by SofaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2018 by SofaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   

For comparison, the United Nations report estimated that governments would need to impose effective carbon prices of $135 to $5,500 per ton of carbon dioxide pollution by 2030 to keep overall global warming below 1.5 degrees Celsius, or 2.7 degrees Fahrenheit.

www.nytimes.com...

Roughly 20 pounds of CO2 are produced from burning a gallon of gasoline.
2200 pounds in a ton.
Gives us 110 gallons to make a ton.

5500 / 110 = 50 dollar a gallon gas tax.....

But saving the world right?

Just ahead of a new report from the IPCC, dubbed SR#15 about to be released today, we have this bombshell- a detailed audit shows the surface temperature data is unfit for purpose. The first ever audit of the world’s most important temperature data set (HadCRUT4) has found it to be so riddled with errors and “freakishly improbable data” that it is effectively useless.

Link

How much? None

You know why? Because I don't support Fraud.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

One has never been able to produce more than the sum of it's parts (unless you procreate). Getting 20 pounds from 6 pounds is a crap claim

Another person who failed grade 10 chemistry.

Is it that hard to understand that carbon combines with oxygen from the air?

It is simple combustion of a clean hydrocarbon chain.

Are you that stupid that you think you are smart?

Really?

The education system has failed us, no wonder the masses are so easily manipulated.

This ain't freaking rocket science, wake up.

Are you not able to comprehend 20 percent efficiency? Meaning 4/5th is just gone. Gone.
I never failed a math or science class. You?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Was thinking the same??

As to the question, I have 0% faith in the money being used to do anything other than fill govt coffers.
edit on 10-10-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Are you not able to comprehend 20 percent efficiency? Meaning 4/5th is just gone. Gone.

You are that stupid.

Sorry to bother you.

You are incapable of understanding a chemical reaction mass balance.

Let me guess, you believe global warming is a clear and present danger, you vote Democrat..

Carbon in the gas combines with oxygen in the air, gallon of gas burned makes 20 pounds of CO2. You are not intelligent enough to comprehend this, not my problem.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

You are that stupid.

Sorry to bother you.

Let me guess, you believe global warming is a clear and present danger, you vote Democrat..

Carbon in the gas combines with oxygen in the air, gallon of gas burned makes 20 pounds of CO2. You are not intelligent enough to comprehend this, not my problem.

Perfect. Cannot counter the argument. Go to personal attacks.
I do not believe I am the one who is wrong here. I've provided my proofs. Tell me where I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

You are that stupid.

Sorry to bother you.

Perfect. Cannot counter the argument. Go to personal attacks.
I do not believe I am the one who is wrong here. I've provided my proofs. Tell me where I am wrong.

You have no argument.

Burning a gallon of gas generates 20 pounds of CO2.

Simple as that.

Continue digging your hole, people are watching.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think China owes the rest of the world A VAST amount of carbon taxes for it's environmental transgressions. And give them about a billion social demerits for same while you're at it.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Oh as much as say, .........someone who drinks beer in the shower.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

originally posted by: Lumenari

If I wanted to support BS I would just go feed the neighbor's cows...

Oh wait... that makes greenhouse gasses too.

So zero would be a good number.

To balance the CO2/methane out. We need to call for cow genocide .

“eat more chikin ”

But the Cows are fighting back .

It’s a good thing the chickens are resilient .

I have found an extrordinary solution...

Cut the legs off cows, and put them on skateboards... then we would have lower emissions...

Remember folks to flag me for the Nobel prize...

Erm... Ok I understand... I shall slowly tiptoe out of the thread whilst whistling innocently...

Lags

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join