It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War Gold Horde Stolen By FBI?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hello ATS! This is my very first topic post, so I apologize in advance if I blow this

I came across this very interesting article by the AP. in a nutshell, a well-known treasure hunter who had been searching for a lost caravan of Union gold that could be worth between $25 and $50 million got a MASSIVE hit on his Gravimeter and notified the FBI.

“The father-son duo spent years combing this bit of Pennsylvania wilderness with high-end metal detectors, drills and other tools to prospect for a fabled cache of Civil War gold. They felt certain they’d discovered the hiding place of the long-lost booty, leading the FBI to the mountainous, heavily wooded area last March.”

Well, things rapidly went downhill from there... you see, the FBI allegedly dug up the gold and made off with it!

The Article...

The eyewitness who lived nearby gives some pretty damnit testimony.

What do you think, ATS?
edit on 9-10-2018 by CaliMayh3m because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That's why he called the fbi....

Give it to 5hem....I think it's smart

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CaliMayh3m

I read this earlier, but didn't give it a lot of thought since the questions that need to be asked are not answered in the article. Questions such as who were the FBI agents, why were they contacted, and what was the "on going investigation" that was being claimed by the FBI agents?

It sounds to me that a few bad eggs might have fleeced this treasure hunter out of his finders fee over this, or worse that these FBI agents are foundation agents taking the spoils for themselves (especially now since much of their "supplemental" funding has dried up)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaliMayh3m
Hello ATS! This is my very first topic post, so I apologize in advance if I blow this

I came across this very interesting article by the AP. in a nutshell, a well-known treasure hunter who had been searching for a lost caravan of Union gold that could be worth between $25 and $50 million got a MASSIVE hit on his Gravimeter and notified the FBI.

“The father-son duo spent years combing this bit of Pennsylvania wilderness with high-end metal detectors, drills and other tools to prospect for a fabled cache of Civil War gold. They felt certain they’d discovered the hiding place of the long-lost booty, leading the FBI to the mountainous, heavily wooded area last March.”

Well, things rapidly went downhill from there... you see, the FBI allegedly dug up the gold and made off with it!

The Article...

The eyewitness who lived nearby gives some pretty damnit testimony.

What do you think, ATS?

Heard of this lost gold story before, why would the court documents be sealed if there were nothing there, strange indeed.

Good find..

(post by Fallingdown removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Treasure hunting with the FBI..... What could go wrong?

haha

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Hey, we need to restock Fort Knox however we can LMAO!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My dad grew up in that area...he told me this story about the treasure.

As a boy, dad was working in a restaurant in the mountains. An old-timer was in one night, who told him he had figured out where it was buried. The old man said it was buried in a cannon and placed under a large rock in the middle of a dried river bed.
He told my dad that if he helped move the rock and helped him dig it up, he'd cut him in on it.

Dad couldn't as he had to be back at school...but he told me he really wished he had.

Dad and I used to talk about going to look for it where the old man said he thought it was...but we never did.
I regret never having that adventure with my dad.

It's kind of neat to know this was a father and son whom may have finally located it.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Stupid Is , what Stupid Does........

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I wonder how much of the gold will wind up disappearing. The FBI will probably confiscate it and use it to fund some sketchy projects. Maybe some bonuses for the top people in the FBI too, from the proceeds of what actually gets reported as found.

Hell, I like making up a conspiracy on occasion.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm with the Federal Government and I'm here to dig up and haul out that treasure for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I wonder how much of the gold will wind up disappearing. The FBI will probably confiscate it and use it to fund some sketchy projects. Maybe some bonuses for the top people in the FBI too, from the proceeds of what actually gets reported as found.

Hell, I like making up a conspiracy on occasion.

Have you ever looked up lost treasures in your state ? When I did it surprised me about how many tails/facts there were .

I know a guy that has spent countless hours looking into confederate gold in the Cumberland River. Including diving and dredging in a couple locations . He’s pretty much fixated on it in his spare time.

I’m not sure if I believe the tale but I wish him luck .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Why did he call the feds in the first place?

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   
i am only familiar with UK laws on burried treasure // finds

but can someone explain why the FBI was involved ???

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

in the UK - just about everywhere - has a tail of the lost burried treasure of.......................

if all were true - there would be more gold burried here - than has officially been mined in the entire history of mankind

and dont even start me on the tails of " sekrit tunnels " connecting historic sites

top topics

<<   2 >>

join