It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop and Frisk in Chicago - an idea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Actually, stop and frisk is NOT unconstitutional, it just has to be done in a Constitutional way.

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Vector99

Actually, stop and frisk is NOT unconstitutional, it just has to be done in a Constitutional way.

www.factcheck.org...

That is correct. If administered in an unfair or biased manner it is unconstitutional. My plan eliminates that.

As others have pointed out it is mostly gang bangers doing the killing. But it is not limited to the south side inner city neighborhoods. These gangs are spreading to more affluent suburbs to commit their crimes. On the south side you know now to be outside at night, avoid public parks, and what intersections are boundaries of gang territories. In the suburbs people are out walking their dogs, living their lives, ripe for the picking.

I know any violation of our rights is a slippery slope. But this is already happening. Its not like I am suggesting they do it for the first time. Its been happening for decades in various forms. I say if its going to happen anyway, put it to good use. Let the numbers themselves tell you who to target. Any groups who disagree or complain can only blame themselves. Put the responsibility on the shoulders of the perpetrators where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Lot of constitutional scholars round these parts

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

And you consider yourself one of them...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: TinySickTears

And you consider yourself one of them...

Bull#.
Must not have read the posts.
Whatever

Have fun with your # campaign

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So people don't like stop and frisk.

How about metal detector stations or hand held detectors.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I call BS on you.

If you are going to criticize and argue with a bunch of "constitutional scholars" you must know at least as much as they do. I mean, what kind of asshat goes around criticizing people who know more than them?

I made a suggestion that I hope will help a city in distress. I don't like stop and frisk, but our rights are already being violated. And if we don't do something about this problem they will be violated much worse in more far reaching methods than we dare dream of.

Take your hurt witto feewings and pedal yourself home.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
So people don't like stop and frisk.

How about metal detector stations or hand held detectors.

I don't like stop and frisk either to be honest. But I think its better than what will happen if we don't find a way to solve this problem soon.

I am not opposed at all to using a wand instead of actually frisking someone. It serves the same purpose as far as this thread is concerned. One of the reasons many people objected to being frisked is that police may find other things, drugs for example, that may lead to other issues.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

bull#
you love it
you want it
you need it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join