It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batwoman is gay folks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
#. can a mod move this to the tv forum please?
i put it in the wrong one....

thank you

just wanted to get that out there because i know people are going to go the whole gays being forced on us angle...

so Ruby Rose is slated to be the new Batwoman in the arroverse crossover.

dont bother me at all that batwoman is going to be gay. bothers me very much that it is going to be Ruby Rose. i just dont like her at all.

everything i see her in she is basically Ruby Rose.
the acting is not strong with this one but it is what it is

www.huffingtonpost.com...

n the Arrowverse crossover, which unites heroes across “Supergirl,” “Arrow” and “The Flash,” Kane is “an out lesbian and trained street fighter primed to snuff out [Gotham City’s] criminal resurgence. But don’t call her a hero yet. In a city desperate for a savior, Kate must overcome her own demons before embracing the call to be Gotham’s symbol of hope.”

welcome to the next show to get cancelled folks

i tend to think most superhero/comic fans are dudes and i dont see this resonating with them but who knows

www.imdb.com...

edit on 9-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Cant we just go back to the days where whoever you bang in your business and your business only?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Cant we just go back to the days where whoever you bang in your business and your business only?

the monkey is out of the bottle my friend. no going back

love your avatar though

"says here your #s all #ed up and you talk like a fag"

^^from the movie.

i love it

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure I care if she's gay.

What I do care about is tv's long history of using these angles in place of real character building. If all she is gay and that mostly defines her than I have little interest. If she's a good character with many facets and just happens to be gay, sure.

To put it another way, if she is gay just to have a gay character it's a disservice to everyone involved.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Seiko

well she cant act for # and is one of the out in the open gay it girl types of the moment so what do you think?

at least they could gay her up with an actress with some chops

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well, another D.C. Movie adaptation gone to [email protected] won't be watching.
Gimme the days growing up when I spent a dime of my allowance for a D.C. Detective comic book, where a real man donned the cape and cowl and used his noggin as well as his gadgets to get the criminals (not aliens) ...but hey, it was a different era, and I'm just 60.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Hollywood is pushing an agenda as usual.
For some reason every subtype of human must be represented in media.
Why they feel the need to be validated is a mystery to me.
Not as big of a mystery as to why they change established characters but still a mystery.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

No one should care if she's gay.
I think the issue is, that those DC shows really push the leftist sjw resist propaganda so hard it's become impossible to watch.

I love super hero shows, but the nonsense that they try to jam into the "plot lines" (and I use that very loosely) is ridiculous

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Are you stating a dislike for this actress personally, if so I get that. We all have our favorite and least favorite stars.

My concern is using one part of a person's personality to define them, it makes for weak t.v., we like complex characters now.

I'll use an example from t.v. to illustrate my point: willow from buffy the vampire slayer. She had scenes with her girlfriend, and scenes without, it in no way defined her as a person.

If the promotion for the new batwoman goes out of it's way to state she's a lesbian, than we see them over-exmplifying just one part of her. If this is how they tackle the subject, I believe it will fail. I don't believe it will fail because of any perceived pandering to sjw's, nor the backlash from those who dislike it, I believe it will fail because it's made of lazy and shallow writing.

I think she's been gay in the comics for a while, I don't read them though.
edit on 9-10-2018 by Seiko because: bad typist

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You hit the exact problem. The gay will be emphasized and it shouldn't matter.

Anytime someone complains about pushed sjw agendas, they get called bigots or worse.
I know a lot of Star Wars fans that hated the last Jedi.
Most of those same fans loved Buffy the vampire slayer.
Several strong female characters and gay ones as well in that series.

If they don't like women in leading roles they would hate that show.
But hey, what do I know.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I usually dont mind when its germane to the story they are telling, just like when they throw gratuitous nudity just to throw in a pair. Will probably be better in Batwoman and fit the story. Man in the High Castle did that this season, and so far both just seem to be thrown in there just so they can say they can. Its hard enough to come up with good stories good writing as it is, now they have to fit this aspect in the story and it doesnt fit. LOL unless I guess in alternate universes the nazis/japanese were more tolerant of homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
This is the Kate Kane Batwoman, she's always been a lesbian, well since infinite crisis.

I don't care about the lesbian thing, but I agree with you about Ruby Rose, I just don't like her, worst part of John Wick 2 for me. I never see who she is supposed to be playing in movies, I just see Ruby Rose, takes me out of it!

I will give it a go though if her show is picked up after the crossover, cause I'm a nerd and I could never even dream superheroes and comics would be as big as it is when I was a kid, and we would get all these movies and tv shows, and everything in between.

Her suit does looks pretty #ing good though, seen it earlier today!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seiko

Are you stating a dislike for this actress personally, if so I get that. .

yes
i thought i was pretty clear about that

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
This is the Kate Kane Batwoman, she's always been a lesbian, well since infinite crisis.

I don't care about the lesbian thing, but I agree with you about Ruby Rose, I just don't like her, worst part of John Wick 2 for me. I never see who she is supposed to be playing in movies, I just see Ruby Rose, takes me out of it!

im with you

i just dont liker her at all

she was terrible in my beloved XXX sequel as well

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Sorry the thread title threw me off there.

I see now who we're talking about and I only know her from John Wick 2, and yes she wasn't a very strong character there. I don't think I've seen her in anything else.

On a side note, Adrienne Palaki was better in John Wick and while I like Gal Gadot I was sad Palaki didn't get Wonder Woman.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seiko

Sorry the thread title threw me off there.

I see now who we're talking about and I only know her from John Wick 2, and yes she wasn't a very strong character there. I don't think I've seen her in anything else.

On a side note, Adrienne Palaki was better in John Wick and while I like Gal Gadot I was sad Palaki didn't get Wonder Woman.

yes
Miss Perkins was awesome

i dont give a toss one way or the other about the gay. i does not bother me at all.
she bothers me

i like to start these threads though.

i started one about bewitched coming back black.
that dont bother me either

these things bother others a lot and i like to see them post about it

thats why i started the thread

and its comic show news and i like comics
edit on 9-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Hollywood has no choice but to make female superhero characters gay.
imagine the uproar if batwoman had a boyfriend or husband and there was even a hint of a patriarch.

this is all to do with the 'movement ' of 'empowering ' women.

shes just cant be great or "super", if batwoman operated under the shadow of her man...

and this will be the case for all female superheroes
edit on 9-10-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Lesbian or not Batwoman has always been totally gay. (Super lame). Derivative character is derivative. Batman is overrated in general. DC online having Titans now makes the Arroverse even more scant for characters. They removed the Thanagarians at the end of Legends season 1, so characters are dropping off like flies.
The Wonder Twins would be a CGI expense nightmare as much as Hawkgrisl/Hawkman, and Firestorm.

Their best bet is Guy Gardner Green Lantern, he's an asshole (so that equals edgy), and blasty translucent green effects are not terribly costly.

Or maybe it's time to go up a notch on a supernatural team featuring Constantine. Bring him back, add Deadman, Zatanna, and Dr. Fate.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   

So THAT'S what is on her utility belt!

I just thought she was glad to see me!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

where does she get such wonderful toys?[/nicholson]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>