It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left has a bad case of denial at the moment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
For some reason I went insane and turned the television to MSNBC. Specifically, I began to watch Hardball with old thrill up his leg Chris Matthews.

According to good old Chris the Democrats are going to win 30 to 40 seats in the House come November. They flashed up a CNN news poll that says 53 pct of likely voters are going to vote Democrat in a month. Even the Republican panelist said Republicans are in bad shape.

What do you all think? Are Republicans deluding themselves that the Democrats are going to win in November or is MSNBC and CNN off their rockers and feeding us more fake news?
edit on 9-10-2018 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I use to watch MSNBC all the time but I just got sick of the BS. They just began to be to full of themselves.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Should I post some of my favorite before and after election MSNBC videos? Always brightens my day.

ETA: What the hell, these never get old.

edit on 10 9 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   

Well, a conservative news outlet reported back in July this,

2018: Democrats lead GOP by 12 million registered voters, 40% D, 29% R, 28% I

And recently, registration has gone up so I guess it all depends if people actually take an hour to go vote, and of course who Independents cast their vote for.

So MSNBC isn't crazy, they're just reporting on the numbers.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Who knows anymore? We are drowning in FAKE everything now.

But what I do know is regardless of the outcome, the escalations will continue. Anyone who doesn't see that is deluding themselves.

We have entered a new dangerous chapter in our history.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

What do you all think? Are Republicans deluding themselves that the Democrats are going to win in November or is MSNBC and CNN off their rockers and feeding us more fake news?

My best guess is that the numbers really favor the Pubs, and the vast majority of voters already know how they're going to vote, so this is hype for that small percentage still on the fence, to give them that nudge to the left.

We'll find out in a few weeks, eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

edit on 9-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm not religious, but I do pray every night that the democrats win the house in November.

Its not that I think it would make any kind of positive difference to the US or world in general... Its just that I think the total melt downs by certain members on ATS would be epic and keep me entertained for months on end.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I watch or listen to MSNBC and CNN every day, off-and-on. It's good to know why there are so many Democrats who are not aware of what's real, beyond their own household.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure all the antagonizing and insulting over the past two years has brought everyone around to the right wing way of thinking.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My personal opinion on the polls is that they poll heavier on the east and west coast than they do in middle America.

Many already over represent the Democrats and under represent the independents.

I figure that it will make the liberal tears all that much sweeter after the midterms .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Sorry, but not many Americans want their income, sales, property taxes raised. Democrats very clearly state that they will do that. Paying more in taxes is a "non-starter". Even people on welfare would pay more in sales taxes, if Democrats run the country.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I'm not religious, but I do pray every night that the democrats win the house in November.
Its not that I think it would make any kind of positive difference to the US or world in general... Its just that I think the total melt downs by certain members on ATS would be epic and keep me entertained for months on end.

It wouldn't hurt to have some checks and balances, since that's the way the various branches of the government were supposed to work in the first place. It can be frustrating for your "team" if you don't get all your crazy laws and amendments flying through Congress, but in general it's probably a good idea for the wheels of government to turn slowly and finely.

It's just a shame that people get all bogged down in their personal nonsense and prejudices rather than sit down and think about what might actually be a good thing for pretty much everybody in the country, rather than just their own little clump of family and friends.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Sorry, but not many Americans want their income, sales, property taxes raised. Democrats very clearly state that they will do that. Paying more in taxes is a "non-starter". Even people on welfare would pay more in sales taxes, if Democrats run the country.

It's true. The most successful politicians will swear when they're campaigning they're not going to raise taxes, but if they get into office they always do. Always. They never don't do it.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: carewemust

It's true. The most successful politicians will swear when they're campaigning they're not going to raise taxes, but if they get into office they always do. Always. They never don't do it.
Except Trump.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

As I say on ATS before every election, the IBD/TIPP tracking poll has been the most accurate since 2008.

For 2016, it was the only one showing Trump beating Hillary in the Electoral College.

As of today, it shows Democrats with a 2% lead over Republicans for the mid-terms.

LINK TO THE POLL's WEBSITE: www.tipponline.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I won't do it. I promise.

A2D for 2020.

**Disclaimer: this is not a contractually binding statement.**

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m sure all the antagonizing and insulting over the past two years has brought everyone around to the right wing way of thinking.

I whole heartedly disagree with you
That 8 year dose of Obama..... He could smile and say whatever he wants. That guy sucks so bad, he should have been aborted, and the democrats put him in there, so this is what you get for at least the next 20 years
Oh! here comes your wave! Oops, whats that behind it? A Conservative tsunami

edit on 9-10-2018 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join