It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weatherman that cried Wolf - Hurricane Michael

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I will never forget being in the Clearwater area during a tropical storm. I watched in awe as car after car drove right into the flooded street, and of course they all died. It was seriously like lemmings over a cliff. I don't know if they were locals or tourists but I couldn't believe my eyes. The amount of people that don't know that cars #1 can't float, #2 will stop working in deep water boggles my mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yea, I know......spelling.

Its been a long, long day.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Just wait until we all have to drink recycled sewage water and all of our crops are grown in it! No joke, Goldman Sachs has already come out in support of financing it!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This will be the first significant hurricane to arrive during the daytime in a long time. There will be news media people there in Florida tomorrow afternoon holding onto poles and stop signs as usual.

They no longer show people boarding up houses and emptying shelves in stores and roads filled with cars trying to get away, because that looks the same with every hurricane.
edit on 10/9/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People everywhere drive through floods. Did it myself in Minnesota and got stalled. Yes, it is stupid and dumb but I have done worse. Older and wiser now.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I could almost understand if you were by yourself and tried to test your car. Or didn't realize how deep the water was (yes we have all been young and done dumb things driving)

What I saw in Clearwater was not that.
It was obvious that every single car was dying once it hit the deep water, yet others just followed. One after another. It was unbelievable.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Clearwater eh? Is the Beach by Pier 60 a crowded mess?? I used to like it when I was a kid, but I never go to Clearwater Beach anymore. Its Either Tarpon Springs or Sarasota for me.

How did it look when Irma came through? I was walking all around the empty bay last September when the storm drained it out. Even the river drained out. What did it look like along the beach side??

Its not that I don't take hurricanes seriously, its that after going through my life in Florida I don't see them as a big deal unless your in the direct hit zone during landfall.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i've noticed a tendency in recent years for the media to over-hype every storm. they never used to give so many a name. i suppose scarier headlines sell better.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A category 3 storm is one that you want to be prepared for. Even category 1's are pretty scary inside the home. Ever been in a house when the roof blew off? It's not very fun and I had that happen in a strong Cat 1. The stress of going through such a storm was enough to drive my pro athlete friend into long term mental issues. He pretty much lost everything as a result.

No one should be downplaying this storm. Where it hits will be pretty awful.
edit on 9-10-2018 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think this one may be worse than Florence

Additional thread here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

I think so too, and that is what worries me.
I'll check out that other thread, thanks!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I think your right, They are downplaying this a bit. where's Cantori clinging to a tree in 20 MPH winds?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

they never used to give so many a name.
Every tropical cyclonic storm that has reached Tropical Storm intensity (39 mph) has been named since the 1950s.

oceanservice.noaa.gov...
edit on 10/9/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

i remember not evacuating during hurricane elana as a child

some crazy #

the next day we were diving off our mailboxes into the street to swim.

this was early 80s st pete

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

clearwater beach was popping off in like 92-94
we would all go there at night and people were cruising the strip.

al the cars were slammed or had hydraulics. they were all sitting on daytons.
it looked like a dr dre video but mostly white people

handled my first boobies in the water while karch kiraly played volleyball on the beach in front of me

twas pretty fun times for a teen

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

Looks like what we've been saying is happening

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
i've noticed a tendency in recent years for the media to over-hype every storm. they never used to give so many a name. i suppose scarier headlines sell better.

You are wrong since they have named every storm of a certain level for decades.

That is like how every year someone posts on ATS about how they just made up polar vortex to scare people.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My mother in law lives in the panhandle. We finally convinced her to drive a few miles up the road to stay with friends, but her initial plan was to not even leave the house because "they always say it's going to be awful and they're always wrong." I don't understand it at all, but I guess when you've lived there all your life and have been told the wrong thing so many times, it's hard to figure out what to pay attention to.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No kidding! I keep saying this...
Why is every single weather event these days the "Most epic" and they are all "Devastating" and of "Biblical Proportions"!
In the Summer the heat is now dangerous. In the Winter the cold can now kill you. All waves are huge and every storm will most definitely have killer surge which will kill millions. God forbid it's windy out... run for cover! I can't stand it any longer! Just have common sense.
If you live in the woods - take down the trees that are a danger to your property during a hurricane.
If you live in the North East and you're getting a Nor 'Easter, get a generator, and gas, have snow tires, find a plow guy.
If you live on the ocean... LEAVE and ride it out somewhere else.
DON'T build your house on stilts on the beach.
DON'T move to "Tornado Alley"
DON'T throw a lit smoke out of your car during dry season... especially not out West!
If you live in California guess what... they have earthquakes and mudslides. DON'T build on a fault line and DON'T build on the side of a slope.
My God... people, get a clue!
I just love it when these folks are on the news the day before saying "Aww hell I've been through storms before, ain't nothing but a thing, I'm riding it out". Yet they're the very first ones on TV the next day crying about how terrible it was and how all of their stuff is gone... washed away.
Also... If you have pets... DON'T LEAVE THEM and if you do leave them like a horrible person would, please don't leave them tied up for crying out loud!
I hate people

Be safe out there if you're in the area.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I seriously think that people that leave pets in cages or tied up during hurricanes should be publicly flogged by all us pet lovers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join