It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My America or No America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So take someone's vote away because you don't find their "merit" to be up to your standards? Would my vote be taken away in this "merit system" of yours?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So... kill them? What are you suggesting exactly?

In a political and social sense, sure. I'm suggesting we go back to a fully merit based society. If you demonstrate that you lack the merits, then you miss out on the right to have your voice heard, participate in the system, and benefit from what the rest of us are building here.

Is paying taxes enough participation for you? Even wineo's pay taxes every time they buy a jug. Who gets to decide when your "participation" measures up to who's standard?

Not when there's a decent percentage of Americans who, despite "paying taxes" ultimately receive more in tax rebates and kick backs than they put into the system in the first place.

But you're missing my point about merits, so... I'm also talking about behavior and actions within the system. ANTIFAPPERS, for example... when you cover your face with a mask and start physically assaulting people just because they're white or because they're not self ashamed enough, you should lose your merits.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So take someone's vote away because you don't find their "merit" to be up to your standards? Would my vote be taken away in this "merit system" of yours?

Most signs indicate "yes," but I wouldn't be the person in charge of that so you're probably safe for now.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
no way buddy I am doubling down. If it scares you then get on the right side.
Prison for Maxine Waters, Firing squad for Di-Fi. Di-Fi has been trying to eviscerate the right of Americans to own their self defense since I can remember. I have deep seated hatred of her since I was a child and recall watching her say what she said on TV about taking away Mr. and Mrs. Americas's guns turn them all in.

She helped me to grasp just how important firearms ownership is as I grew older. We need them to fight fascist authoritarians such as herself.
edit on 10-9-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Everyone is a control freak and thinks they need to control everyone else and how everything works because this is what they are taught as children.

If we actually taught children about Freedom, maybe they'd be different when they grew up?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That's probably exactly what they're thinking, they want to "chuck people out of the boat". The only thing I can think of is either throwing them in jail or killing them. Pretty scary mentality.

It's not even a mentality, but an actual practice. We've seen the reality of this, for instance the attempted assassination of GOP lawmakers, and the ostracizing and threatening of Trump fans.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Hillary: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about. That's why I believe if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again..."

Yup. Things will not improve anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Bhadhidar

We are operating like the lady who died with her kid on the plane because she tried to put the oxygen mask on the kid first and passed out.

We aren't the world's welfare office.

We need to stabilize before saving the world, or we all go down.

Compared to the rest of the world, “we” are the “kids”.

There are sewers in Europe that pre-date the founding of the US as a country.

Greeks developed the concept of democracy before Europe existed as a concept.

The presumption inherent in your analogy, that the US is, in some way, qualified to assume itself superior to the rest of the world and therefore its wellbeing is more vital to the world than any other consideration, proves my point.

The rest of the world did quite alright long before the US arrived, and, in fact, the US itself, would not exist if it weren’t for the world that came before it.

But the toddler grown a bit too big for his britches, and he’s playing with the lighter, and if he’s not careful he’ll burn down the whole house with his family trapped inside.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
...the world did quite alright long before the US arrived...

In what ways exactly?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

The rest of the world did quite alright long before the US arrived, and, in fact, the US itself, would not exist if it weren’t for the world that came before it.

But the toddler grown a bit too big for his britches, and he’s playing with the lighter, and if he’s not careful he’ll burn down the whole house with his family trapped inside.

That toddler kept Europe from becoming a schnitzel eating, lederhosen wearing, German speaking dictatorship. The toddler then saved China from becoming parcel to the Japanese Emperor. The toddler also spent 4 decades ensuring that Europe didn't get swept under the Red Tide of Moscow. Even more impressive, the toddler became the banker of the world, holding the status as world reserve currency and ruling the showcase of international trade for the past 80 years... your hyperbole rings off key.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
In my lifetime I have never seen the country more divided than now The two party system is poison and each side gets sicker as they feed off each other. It would have happened no matter which side won. The party politics is sure to get even worse especially when the political pendulum swings the other way as it always has and will.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I saw that... I wonder when the violence will tick upwards, that was certainly a step up in the vitriol and I expect more koolaid drinkers will start to take those steps they were already considering as the rhetoric worsens.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I'm sorry but there is right and wrong.

This is the sole problem. The country cannot move forward without us getting back to following the Constitution and using the constitutional methods for change.

The left has been using judicial activism instead of constitutional procedure for decades to push their ideology and that is why they are so afraid of the constitutionalist judges that pdjt is nominating.

Once the supreme Court starts following the Constitution and forcing Congress to do the same we can start moving forward.

Jaden

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Whats ironic to me is pundits said we were going to have civil war when Obama was elected, now the pundits really think there is going to be a civil war. Maybe its those pundits that keep spouting civil war that want civil war. Either way they certainly showed they had no clue the first time and are likely wrong this time too.

Now its just screaming liberals and anarchists that want to burn it down
edit on 9-10-2018 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well , a Minority of Opinion . That's Nice .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I'm blessed to have made the decision to not have any children in America. What a sad state of affairs for hatred of your fellow Americans to be resurrected once again. Even the discussion of a possible civil war in America is abhorrent.

I get the feeling that some members even welcome the coming chaos, anarchy and blood in the streets. The racial hatred is impossible to ignore.
edit on 9-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Whats ironic to me is pundits said we were going to have civil war when Obama was elected, now the pundits really think there is going to be a civil war. Maybe its those pundits that keep spouting civil war that want civil war. Either way they certainly showed they had no clue the first time and are likely wrong this time too.

Now its just screaming liberals and anarchists that want to burn it down

The self-fulfilling prophecy. There is something to that. The rhetoric may influence people enough to fulfill what was promised. Who would have thought that those who professed to be most worried about democracy would be the ones to want to burn it down?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: neo96

As an independent I've seen both sides do what you're describing. You're just outraged because one side took off the gloves for your guy. Doesn't make it right, just calling it how I see it.

But you're not doing anything to help solve the problem. You flip out about the left constantly attacking Trump as if the right didn't treat Obama the same way.

They see you as an enemy, and you see them as an enemy.

That is what this thread is about.

I'm an Independent as well.

But the left has gone off the deep end, and I feel like I'm defending common sense too often from them these days.

They've gone so far left, I look like a conservative, and I've probably voted more Democrat than Republican in my life, but I have always voted both.

Until now. I will never vote for another Democrat. I will only vote Republican and 3rd party if possible.

The Democrats lost me, I didn't lose them. If they get to their senses again, and get back the the Bill Clinton era Democrats, I might change my mind. But that party is officially dead to me barring a miracle.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Where in the Constitution is that rule?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: neo96

As an independent I've seen both sides do what you're describing. You're just outraged because one side took off the gloves for your guy. Doesn't make it right, just calling it how I see it.

But you're not doing anything to help solve the problem. You flip out about the left constantly attacking Trump as if the right didn't treat Obama the same way.

They see you as an enemy, and you see them as an enemy.

That is what this thread is about.

I'm an Independent as well.

But the left has gone off the deep end, and I feel like I'm defending common sense too often from them these days.

They've gone so far left, I look like a conservative, and I've probably voted more Democrat than Republican in my life, but I have always voted both.

Until now. I will never vote for another Democrat. I will only vote Republican and 3rd party if possible.

The Democrats lost me, I didn't lose them. If they get to their senses again, and get back the the Bill Clinton era Democrats, I might change my mind. But that party is officially dead to me barring a miracle.

I feel the exact same way as you do, except I feel that way about Republican's as well. I will vote for neither party again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join