It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My America or No America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: shooterbrody

unprecedented perhaps when things are no longer so "unprecedented" things may change it doesn't get much worse than fake gang rape allegations in the senate committee

Obama (who was a horrible president) got called a Muslim African who wasn't even born here, and his wife was called a man.

Again, both sides do it, doesn't make it right, but both sides do it.

Both sides also love to point and say what the other side did was egregious, then they both up the anti and change the rules.

Not by the media. SNL didn't make fun of them. Late night shows didn't bash them. Hollywood didn't say anything negative about them. The media has constantly bashed Trump. SNL has constantly bashed Trump and Melania and all the members of his cabinet. Late night shows have all taken a dump in ratings and still continue to peddle idiotic jokes about Trump. The common American bashed the Obama's on public forums. Television bashes the Trump's for all to see. Big difference. I don't understand how you don't see the difference.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: intrepid

Things have changed. It’s no longer as simple as left vs right, conservative vs liberal. It’s Trumpian style nationalism vs everyone else regardless of political affiliation. The Republican Party isn’t conservative anymore, they’re extreme nationalists.

Your line of thinking is why normal America has bailed on the left.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I think you and others are downplaying what is actually happening because of some naive belief that America is a concrete and stable thing. It isn’t.

We’re watching the institutions of this country being destroyed in real time.

I hear this every cycle. There is always a camp who is unhappy with the outcome and use hyperbole through the whole term.

It's a mixed bag, me and you live day to day life the same as we have, not much has changed, nor will it (in a noticeable way towards our lives.)

You would be hard to offend me, I just have a different view as all, I see them all for one of the same. Trump may be a big distraction, or he may end up doing some good... we won't know till it's over and we take a look back. His presidency may have put enough of a bad taste in peoples mouths that they run back to the establishment sell outs for "stability" for decades to come, that is the worse case scenario in my mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't understand how you don't see the difference.

I explained my stance on the entertainment media here.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I think you and others are downplaying what is actually happening because of some naive belief that America is a concrete and stable thing. It isn’t.

We’re watching the institutions of this country being destroyed in real time.

I hear this every cycle. There is always a camp who is unhappy with the outcome and use hyperbole through the whole term.

It's a mixed bag, me and you live day to day life the same as we have, not much has changed, nor will it (in a noticeable way towards our lives.)

You would be hard to offend me, I just have a different view as all, I see them all for one of the same. Trump may be a big distraction, or he may end up doing some good... we won't know till it's over and we take a look back. His presidency may have put enough of a bad taste in peoples mouths that they run back to the establishment sell outs for "stability" for decades to come, that is the worse case scenario in my mind.

I really hope you’re right.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Obama was bashed on FOX (mainstream) all the time. Many late night shows and snl are liberal. It's Hollywood/entertainment, what do u expect? And trump is an easy target for humor/jokes.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

It's the attitude that the country should be driven by only your party/ideology. I've seen people say that only their party should have the ability to run the country. Those of the opposing party are "less" than they are themselves.

And there be the very essence of Supremacism. Which in every form and aspect across society its openly embraced cherished emboldened appealed to, just as long as it isnt White Supremacism. Supremacism of the white variety MUST be obliterated... BUT every other kind from partisansnip to sports teams to militarism to... even to preferred orgasm should all be propped up and swooned over openly on the toob and in the streets. If we could just get rid of that one particularly ugly stereotype category of it, then the world will be just perfect. As long as the supremacist front has an elephant mascot or a rainbow emblem on it then its the stuff of chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles on top. Just make sure they arent vanilla sprinkles so we can best avoid having to realize that alll this snip is as ugly as when the cupcakes come out the other end tomorrow in the restroom.

edit on 9-10-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The article you cited was from the Washington Times, a Right Wing media outlet, not the Washington Post. The study cited was conducted by a Conservative thinktank.

Can you prove it wrong?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Great Post. I've been saying this constantly. The left will only grow in proportion to the right. The other side will not be denied. The only thing being accomplished is that the u.s. is becoming more polar.

When you see ATS become filled with partisan threads, you know something is wrong..One of the largest conspiracy websites is now engulfed in this partisan madness.

That's because people are disgusted with left wing politics and what they've become. They're jumping off the wagon for bluer skies and greener grass.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Meh, most of the country are going about their lives as they always have, not getting too worked up about this President or that President. It's just that the obnoxiously loud minority are becoming even more obnoxiously loud, empowered by social media and the like.

I'm a pretty liberal guy, but I don't vote straight ticket. I've voted for Republicans before, and probably will again. I don't like Trump as a man, but if we are simply talking state of the nation stuff, my life isn't much different today than it was twenty years ago.

People like to get all worked up on the internet. Those people also love hyperbole. It's silly, and far too prevalent on this site, but overall, those same "angry" and mainly pompous posters have not sen their lives impacted to any great degree from Presidents Reagan - Trump, regardless of whether they are extremist liberal or extremist conservative. But hey, it's fun to have a hobby, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: underwerks

Things have changed. It’s no longer as simple as left vs right, conservative vs liberal. It’s Trumpian style nationalism vs everyone else regardless of political affiliation. The Republican Party isn’t conservative anymore, they’re extreme nationalists.

Your line of thinking is why normal America has bailed on the left.

I agree. People want to be coddled and feel safe more than anything else. The reality of which I speak isn’t safe and isn’t going to make you feel good. I can understand why people would bail on it.

But it’s reality. And I think it’s high time we all were honest with each other about what is actually taking place in this country. I see no one is really ready to break out of the left vs right model even in a thread lamenting that.

So, have a nice day.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Obama was bashed on FOX (mainstream) all the time. Many late night shows and snl are liberal. It's Hollywood/entertainment, what do u expect? And trump is an easy target for humor/jokes.

you are comparing football with hockey
www.forbes.com...

According to data released Friday by Nielsen, ABC's World News Tonight finished first in July with an average audience of nearly 8 million total viewers--expanding its lead over NBC Nightly News to nearly half a million viewers (7.798 million viewers to NBC’s 7.273 million).

www.adweek.com...

Below are Fox News’s average live+ same day numbers for Q1 2018: Prime time (Mon-Sun): 2,479,000 total viewers / 494,000 A25-54 Total Day (Mon-Sun): 1,445,000 total viewers / 300,000 A25-54

14 million people between abc and nbc ( not counting cbs) vs 2.4 million people

fox is a FRACTION of the media presence
and that is not even including print

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
My America or no America? Neither. How about New America?

If people would stop trying so hard to get the old America back and move forward, together, with a new America I think it would work out A-Ok.

I didn't read all of the comments on this, I really don't care. I do know that if someone is complaining on social media, but they're not actively out there (in the real world) doing something to make changes than their voice doesn't count. Furthermore, blah, blah, blah once you're in a box and in the ground who cares anyway. This isn't the kind of stuff that really matters.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Since I don't have their data or methodology I can't.

If the Center for American Progress released a study saying similar things about Obama would you take it at face value since you couldn't prove it wrong?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: neo96

This is why ATS can't have nice things (threads).

Someone starts a kumbaya "let's see through political differences" thread, and a pundit steps in to piss on it real quick.

Ummm...have you lost your freaking mind...?

Your an obviously intelligent individual...(as is Intrepid)...yet...you both seem to have completely missed that there is no middle ground upon which these two diametrically opposed ideologies could ever possibly stand...

On one hand you have a Representative Republic...and the other advocates of democracy...

Democracies don't stand the test of time...while propaganda and a penchant to distance oneself from civic duty ensures that votes will be uninformed and primarily emotion based.

Kumbaya is dead my friend...there is no common ground...

The divide will only widen from here on out...I'm afraid this will be settled on the battlefield and the progressives will lose...horrifically...

Who will have won though...what will the aftermath look like...
Like the previous Civil War...this will pit brother against brother family against family and neighbor against neighbor...

I can state these things categorically because...I too had my Kumbaya moments here...long before this current round of plea...back before these last two years and it's so much worse now...I have no hope that the progressives will capitulate...I also know that the sleeping giant has awoken and the progressives should have left those who wanted to be left alone...alone...

I don't fear the future...it'll bring whatever it brings...
Prepare for the worst...hope for the best...remain vigilant and a student of realism...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

So fox and conservative media weren't hostile to Obama for 8 years. Parading around "birthers" for 8 years. Saying Obama is a Muslim brotherhood foreigner on prime tv... Give me a break...

This is exactly what OP is talking about. Partisanship is blinding each side and magnifying polarities. I've even seen some on here praise FOX news like it's god's version of perfect journalism.

He was questioned for good reason. Something a Clinton campaign staffer came up with, love how people blame it on the right though, because there's no way someone in her camp could come up with such an atrocity of questioning the birth place of a man running for president. How dare they.

As for Fox News, great, so they reached out to a few million people unlike NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, and CNN who reach out to a whole lot more combined. They ran with the birth certificate and kept it in the news and spotlight, just like they gave relevance to an irrelevant group of white supremacists, which they in turn blame on Trump. Those white supremacists were totally irrelevant until the liberals lifted them high into the spotlight. Nobody cares about them or is obsessed with them like the leftist media outlets are.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It is vital that we have at least 2 parties to balance the power out, I would prefer more but we have to have a second. Its unfortunate that the democrats have gone from total control of the federal govt to nearly extinct.

The republicans have not done anything special to take the house senate and presidency, it was democrats with bad ideas that kept ignoring important states in favor of hob nobbing with celebrities, couple that with pushing ideas that resonate badly with regular folks on the street outside the liberal city/college areas and its a recipe for political disaster.

I want the Democratic party I grew up watching to come back, but until the current crop of old white people running it retire/die I do not see them improving themselves at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So what if a divided house falls?? What we rebuild from the ashes and rubble will be a beautiful mansion with the bodies of traitors and haters buried under the entirety of the property. We will dance on those graves regularly to spite their memory.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But all I get are people saying “it’s the democrats!”. 

I see no one is really ready to break out of the left vs right model even in a thread lamenting that. 

No, actually, you got more than that... From me. Did you not see my comment to you? Here it is again -- just for you:

With all due respect, there should be no need for compromise... Rather, the goal should be establishing middle ground. 

Compromise suggests that both sides get to impose their will on someone, and they should just accept it. 

And that's just not acceptable to anyone except those wanting to bully and exploit others.

No party politics at all in my comment. Not even a whiff!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The republicans have not done anything special to take the house senate and presidency, it was democrats with bad ideas that kept ignoring important states in favor of hob nobbing with celebrities, couple that with pushing ideas that resonate badly with regular folks on the street outside the liberal city/college areas and its a recipe for political disaster.

I agree
2016 was anyone but hillary and dont give her the house or senate

I want the Democratic party I grew up watching to come back, but until the current crop of old white people running it retire/die I do not see them improving themselves at all.

I also agree.
I hold out hope that trump can make this happen.
They have got to eventually get tired of losing elections.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join