It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axios: Amb Nikki Haley Resigns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Complete speculation from Twitter: Sessions out as AG, Lindsey Graham to become AG and maybe Nikki Haley to run for Graham's seat.

I think it's pretty late in the game to be trying to insert a candidate into a Senate race. I hope it's not that. Losing an awesome UN ambassador for an uncertain shot at a Senate seat.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: face23785

That would never happen, but what a game changer!

Just curious, why would that never happen?

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: theantediluvian

whatever the reason why, the mentalist cult 45ers already have a myriad of excuses and deflections. no matter what haley, trumps brazen mouth piece says about trump and his admin, the deflections list are already percolating.

Well....we should know soon straight from Trumps mouth.

link   

Complete speculation from Twitter: Sessions out as AG, Lindsey Graham to become AG and maybe Nikki Haley to run for Graham's seat.

i don't think trump has the mental fortitude to keep news like this a secret, not after 2 recent rallies back to back.

but we shall see what happens in this revolving door of a cabinet farce.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

whatever the reason why, the mentalist cult 45ers already have a myriad of excuses and deflections. no matter what haley, trumps brazen mouth piece says about trump and his admin, the deflections list are already percolating.

What's it like going through life this full of hate and delusions?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I think it's pretty late in the game to be trying to insert a candidate into a Senate race. I hope it's not that. Losing an awesome UN ambassador for an uncertain shot at a Senate seat.

I think the same....cant see anything other than Haley either being personally sick or a big promotion. She has been too good to just put her out there on a ticket and hope she wins.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Graham isn't up for reelection until 2020. SC governor can appoint her to fill his spot.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Graham's seat isn't up for election until 2020. So it would actually give Haley a leg up because the Dems wouldn't be expecting to have to field a candidate for another two years.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Graham isn't up for reelection until 2020. SC governor can appoint her to fill his spot.

Would that be seen as a demotion for her?

I do get the possibility for Graham being huge. And he has been meeting with Trump a LOT lately.

Could be a pretty interesting shakeup. I'd think they will have to announce both at the same time.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ah okay. I wasn't following all the details. I'd still hate to lose her for that. I think she would make a great president. Going to the Senate would seem like a step backwards to me.

I'd conjecture this is just wishful thinking from the folks who really want Graham over at Justice. Admittedly, my VP theory is pure wishful thinking as well. We're all just speculating at this point.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Just speculation. . .

Trump keeps Rod Rosenstein, fires Sessions, and replaces him with Haley who then fires Rosenstein.

Or maybe I should just stick to gardening and watching Matlock on the tv box.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Sure that “the UN israeli ambassador” resigned and not got “kicked out”..? In both cases, good riddance!.

Cheers for the GOOD news!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

i don't think trump has the mental fortitude to keep news like this a secret, not after 2 recent rallies back to back.

but we shall see what happens in this revolving door of a cabinet farce.

Oh, they're reporting Trump knew about this 6 months ago.

What else are you wrong about?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

is there a prize for being douche of the month? Damn, you got my vote.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
It would be awesome if Dr. Sebastian Gorka replaces her. The UN wouldn’t have any idea how to handle him .

10 words into his first statement would probably be a international incident .

Before anyone jumps me I know it probably won’t happen. But the fella is allowed to dream isn’t he ?
edit on 9-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

is there a prize for being douche of the month? Damn, you got my vote.

Seconded. We had a civil thread going on a political issue for once.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there, from what I've read in the 25th Amendment, if Pence resigns, the President can appoint a new VP as long as Congress approves.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There is also the fact this is Tuesday and morning time....odd time to announce something this big....unless a bigger announcement is coming later in the week.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just speculation. . .

Trump keeps Rod Rosenstein, fires Sessions, and replaces him with Haley who then fires Rosenstein.

I don't think she is qualified to be AG, personally.

IF she takes another role, I could see it being chief of staff since Kelly and Trump reportedly butt heads. But that is wild speculation.

I would absolutely love if Bolton got canned and she took his spot, but I'm a dreamer, what can I say.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just speculation. . .

Well, your hydrangeas ARE looking magnificent this year.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join