It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no God but Love: If you don't know Love, then you don't know God (1 John 4:7-8)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

Neither can I
You are not obligated, it's free will
God doesn't hate us because we sin, he is love
He hates sin because it kills us and those we love, it's poison

I can't understand the trinity either but I can understand the value of love
That's enough, hard enough to live, hard enough to apply and still ...
I don't have an answer

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
How do you know that?
You can never experience anything outside your bubble and obviously the idea that there are millions of people on the other side of the planet is being experienced in your bubble.
Nothing can appear outside of you.

I don't have to be in other people bodies and mind to experience similarities. We can know by communicating, by perception through their action and reaction, and by their own testimonials.

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Look at a night time dream................it may appear to be full of separate things...........but it is one thing - a dream.

Funny, Satan and his seductive devils do not exist in this dream. Yet I am communicating with you now.

edit on 10-10-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

I don't believe in the trinity.

I believe Jesus is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus = son of man in the flesh
Christ = son of God the Holy Spirit.

But I believe God is the father and creator of his son and that they are not 1 but 2.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

You say I am passing judgement but I am not. I am not God, I have no right to judge.

But I do in fact point out the truth as I see it. You believe that you are superior to Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Atheist, ext... Because of a ritualistic belief. This is self-righteousness. This is you promoting yourself to the banquet table while excluding anyone who does not believe what you do. This self-righteousness is a poisonous hate filled doctorine to all those who follow God through different writings that they believe are prophetic, just as you believe the bible is prophetic.

Even if you are correct and they are mistaken you have no right to place yourself at the table and exclude them. Yet by your words you claim to know the mind of God in a way that allows you to raise up yourself while condemning others.

I do not place myself above anyone. I am not condemning you or anyone for the doctrine that they believe in. I am simply pointing out why I cannot accept the interpretation of the scriptures that you believe is true and suggesting that you may be mistaken.

If I know I am saved by God's Grace that is something for me to cherish, not something that gives me the right to judge others. I am not God and cannot fathom the extent of his Grace nor grasp the wonder of his judgments.

Believing in a book does not make me supperior to anyone. God alone will be the judge and he is the only righteous judge.

You fail to undersrand judge not lest ye be judged by the same measure. You condemn others for following a false teaching. What if something you are following is false, have you not condemned yourslef as well? I condemn no one and believe that by God's Grace I too will not be condemned on the day of judgement even if it turns out that I was wrong in my beliefs.

edit on 10-10-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I'm only showing you what the scriptures teach in a broader context than that expressed by yourself and the OP. In what way am I exulting myself?

I stated that I didn't have to prove anything to anyone. My responsibility is to point out what we already instinctively know, but maybe haven't realized yet.

Romans 2:14 For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, 16 on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus.

We all have the Law written in our hearts. It's there for a reason. It is God's standard, and our failure to keep the Law in its totality reveals our condition as sinners.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, “YOU SHALL NOT COVET.” 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead. 9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me. 12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

Jesus resolved this issue for us on the cross, but if we do not express love to Him with our faith, for His sacrifice on our behalf, we do not love God.

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth;

If we do not believe on the Son (John 3:16) as the Lamb of God (John 1:29) who came to save us from our sins (Matt 1:21), we do not love the light, therefore we do not love God, or have any relationship with God.

This is what the scriptures teach in broader context. If you don't like that, you can take it up with God Himself; nevertheless, it is a self evident truth. Something that is already know, but yet to be realized by the hearts of non-believers.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: EasternShadow I don't believe in the trinity. I believe Jesus is the Holy Spirit. Jesus = son of man in the flesh Christ = son of God the Holy Spirit. But I believe God is the father and creator of his son and that they are not 1 but 2

John_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John_14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John_15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John_16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Where is the teaching and explanation that Jesus is the Holy Spirit? Surely you must have a teaching from a source to believe that. You state that Jesus is the son of God and the Holy Spirit and the Christ

Your statement is seemingly evasive to my understanding. You say that - " Jesus is the Holy Spirit. Jesus = son of man in the flesh Christ = son of God the Holy Spirit. But I believe God is the father and creator of his son and that they are not 1 but 2"

So your understanding is not based upon the scriptures of John that we have today? John is believed to have said in [John 14:26] that as Jesus was alive He will pray the Father to send another comforter who will be with the human family forever. Now if this Comforter is the Holy Ghost then are we to be expected to understand that Jesus' Father will send another Jesus or Holy Ghost as the Comforter? How then is Jesus the Holy Ghost and God will send another Holy Ghost? Would that mean that we have two Holy Ghosts? If indeed we have two Holy Ghosts then do we not have a trinity of authority?

Would it be fair to interpret your belief that Jesus, as the Holy Ghost, prayed that He would then send Himself to replace Himself as the Holy Comforter? According to scriptures Jesus could not die till another authority came to replace Him and fulfill His new covenant. Therefore there must be two Holy Spirits of covenant authority and if so then there are three in authority and thus a triune authority by your own reckoning.

I am truly interested as to your perspective in this confusion.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So why do people seem to need god to give them happiness when plenty of people have all of that and more with no god at all. It just seems pointless to devote your life to a thing, so that you can have all of these benefits if you don’t really need to waste all of that time and effort and still have the nice things.

It's called love. There are many kinds of love and there are many kinds of happiness. In fact there are so many kinds of love that you couldn't count them and their are so many kinds of happiness that you could never count them. But-- out of all the loves that I have ever had is the love of a person who loved me so much that He gave His life so that I could be happy forever. That tops all the loves that I know.

Your happiness will end some day. The happiness of God will never end. You can get this happiness by love.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
you made all this so complicated..right? all this feels like my head as is this night. i better speak now or i may not ever because this turns too peaceful every now and then..as the oracle of matrix said " know yourself"

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damla
you made all this so complicated..right? all this feels like my head as is this night. i better speak now or i may not ever because this turns too peaceful every now and then..as the oracle of matrix said " know yourself"

Know Thyself was actually inscribed at the Oracle of Delfi around Plato's time 3000 years ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

oww that is something new

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lightofgratitude

the whole context is really needed for these verses you quote.

1John 4:7 ¶ Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 ¶ And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 ¶ Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.
Love in these verses is not a name of God. It is his nature. But we are not just to love for the sake of love then we would violate scriptures. Interesting that you make Christianity out to be like Buddhism. the pictue you put Bible verses on has a person in a crosslegged position with his fingers in a certan position. Do you know why his fingers are in that position? ( I will answer only if you can't).

Here is one thing out of many in the Bible we are not to love

John 12:25 He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just remember:

"Let your love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked; cling to what is good." (Romans 12:9)

1 Pet. 2:17: “Have love for the whole association of brothers.”
Is loving one’s fellowman what really counts?

There is no doubt about it, such love is important. (Rom. 13:8-10) But being a Christian involves more than simply being kind to our neighbor. Jesus said that his true disciples would be outstandingly identified by their love for one another, for fellow believers. (John 13:35) The importance of that is emphasized repeatedly in the Bible. (Gal. 6:10; 1 Pet. 4:8; 1 John 3:14, 16, 17) However, Jesus showed that even more important is our love for God himself, which is shown by our obedience to his commandments. (Matt. 22:35-38; 1 John 5:3)
How can a person know which religion is right?

(1) On what are its teachings based?

(2) Consider whether it is making known the name of God. ...

(3) Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? ...

(4) Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life?

(5) Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong is this love that it sets them apart as being truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.

(6) Is it truly separate from the world? ...

(7) Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? ...

Source: Religion: Reasoning From the Scriptures

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

There is no right Religion. You have forgotten that religions are made by men. Neither Judaism or Christianity were made by men. They were not to be a religion they were set up as a way of worshiping God in spirit and in truth. Did you not study out the back ground of what the woman at the well said about Jews and her father Jacob. But from what we learn from Paul is the Jews made their religion which was based in self righteousness, even Paul confessed that. Even James said that a pure religion is focused in love and promotion of others, that is why he said to the Jews to show their faith by their actions not by their words, and he wasn't talking about tithing, or sacrificing, or learning Greek or Hebrew, or the law.

The establishing of proper worship in the OT was set up by God not as a religion. that is why the Jews were always so quick to turn from what God had set up for them via Moses. There was no flesh in it, no acts of self righteousness (read Job), obedience to his commands were meant to be done in Love for him, the commandments were meant for them to be able to love him. And if a man followed those precepts and statutes correctly they would naturally love one another. There is not salvation if the Law, salvation is in God, that is why those earthly sacrifices that made them right before God so they could WORSHIP him were not meant to get them to heaven apart from him. His return of their love, if done in TRUTH and SPIRIT, would be their salvation. But man corrupted God's plan like they always have and turned into some sort of I am better than you, my religion is better than your's attitude, which is not TRUTH.

If we take you advice and look to those who love each other better than the others we would probably all turn to ISLAM. Because they are far more religious and loving to their own than the JW's ever were or will be. But if you really knew the truth as found in the Inspired Preserved words of God as found in the AV, you would know that it is not religion that God is interested in men following, it is in how they are ready to worship him through his Son Jesus Christ. In this age anything apart from Faith Through Christ Alone is nothing but religion and it will lead all who follow religions straight to hell.

you need to go back through and read the AV Bible from Cover to Cover and then do it again and again until you finally see it is all about God and it is not found in a religion.
edit on 30-10-2018 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join