It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon.com actively Financing terrorist orgs inthe UK Confirmed Is it happening in the USA as well?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Smile.amazon.com is for donations Specifically .05% of ALL purchases go to the charity of your choice So its possible to "donate" to a terrorist org or one that supports or has ties to a terrorist org. Under the program, shoppers can select an organization which will receive 0.5 percent of the purchase price of Amazon products.

There are 3236 organizations in the results for Islamic and 1217 organizations in the results for Muslim in the USA

It would just take ONE of these organizations to hide in among the rest and ruin it for those that are legitimate .

3236(about 64.7 per state) and 1217 (24.3 per state)- if divided by 50 states it's approx 89 organizations per state equally spread- pretty prolific

Amazon has allowed its U.K. users to donate money to a group whose key figure has espoused hardline Islamist beliefs described as "misogynistic, racist and homophobic" and called for a global Islamic caliphate, the Times of London reported Monday.

The Muslim Research and Development Fund (MRDF) is one of several groups that have received donations through Amazon Smile,

Haitham al-Haddad, the MRDF's founder and former chairman, has been called "one of the most dangerous men in Britain" by the counter-extremist Quilliam Foundation due to his adherence to the Salafi movement within Sunni Islam.

Terror groups such as Al Qaeda have embraced Salafism's tenants of jihad across the world.

www.foxnews.com...

What say you ATS??
edit on 9-10-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
You should probably add "possibly unwittingly" to....

"shoppers can select an organization which will receive 0.5 percent of the purchase price of Amazon products."

I kind of doubt most people would knowingly donate to a terrorist. Which doesn't mean no one ever would. Just most people wouldn't and I doubt Amazon intended for that to happen.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Nearly anyone can get an affiliate link for Amazon where anyone who clicks your link gets a percentage of any purchases made within a set amount of time so they could be inadvertently financing shady causes. I’m assuming there’s at least a some vetting for the charity program I think the affiliate link program would be much easier to abuse IMO.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Do you not research the organizations you donate to ?? No i will not "soften" my stance when it comes to extremist Islamic jihad they want ALL non Muslims DEAD with an eventual World Caliphate that being said im sure the vast majority are decent God fearing Muslims and research who they give to. Why would you give to a cause that you have no passion or interest in?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
^^^^^^^Dude that’s just uncalled for^^^^^^^
ETA- Excuse me I misread that something terrible, I had thought you were calling for the death of Muslims. I humbly apologize for my big fail on this one.😳🤦🏻‍♂️
edit on 10/9/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Whats uncalled for??

OK

a reply to: BigDave-AR

edit on 9-10-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Whats uncalled for??

Check my edit I screwed the pooch big time. Sorry buddy.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Got It thanks !

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

OH MAN you did make a booboo on that one.

Gave me a good chuckle though.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Wait is this really Amazon's fault? The British government puts out a list of approved charities so isn't the British government to blame for allowing them on their list?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

OH MAN you did make a booboo on that one.

Gave me a good chuckle though.

At least I’m not one to report a thread or I would have felt real bad lol, glad I could give a laugh.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
You should at least change the title to "passively Financing". "actively" means there is intent or knowledge of.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I think some of you are being a bit kind.
No one gives money to a charity via things like Amazon without having a vague idea of what it is about.
I seriously doubt most people who donate to these nazis think they are funding a local play group.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

So, you have failed pretty hard here.

Your title states categorically that a thing is happening, whereas your thread makes no effort at all to prove that it is happening, only that it could happen. That is somewhat disingenuous at the least, and nefarious at worst. Its also worth pointing out that, no, one organisation being shown to be dodgy does NOT ruin anything for the rest. The weakness of the collective will of the human race is what does that. If human beings chose to ONLY consider the doers of evil things a threat, rather than those who share some arbitrary similarity, be it faith, gender, colour, or whatever else, in common with the doers as ALSO being a threat, then one dodgy group in a batch of thousands wouldn't mean squat in the grand scheme of things.

Also, the Quilliam Foundation is not in the SLIGHTEST bit reliable, as it is funded by groups whose inability to tell friend from foe effectively are legendary, such as the Tea Party of old, other conservative groups of varying degrees of outright racist tendencies, and groups connected to the MIC, as well as groups from Israel whose racist attitudes toward their neighbours are well documented. All the players funding that group in the main, have an anti-human agenda of their own, and are not motivated by wholesome intent toward the people of this planet in the slightest. They have monetary interest in events, as well as desiring that their version of religious, dogmatic possession of the world will win out.

The foundation you mention therefore is not a balanced or accurate measure of the nature of an individual. Its a pretty accurate measure of who the right wing do not like this week, but other than that, its a far right cabal dressed up in a centre left frock, and nothing else.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
It's about time. I'm tired of seeing my tax dollars go to funding terrorists on the other side of the globe. If we're going to fund terrorism, I say let's start with needy terrorist groups right here at home. We can't count on the FBI to fund all the homegrown terrorism needs. Our domestic terrorists need our help to compete in the world terrorism market.

Make America Afraid Again. (10% of the profits from the sale of MAAA t-shirts go to the widows and orphans of suicide bombers.)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
beliefs described as "misogynistic, racist and homophobic"

haha, the users who donated probably thought they were giving to the republican party

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This happens all the time.
The FSA was labelled as a terrorist group up until the US government decided that they wanted a piece of Syria and took them off the terrorist watch list and allowed Joe Public to donate to them.

One day a terrorist, next day a friend. It's amazing.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Just trying to raise awareness NOW & not AFTER take another look at what actually WAS happening in New Mexico & under FBI surveillance

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I bet there is a lot more being funneled to Muslim terrorists through Saudi Arabia than Amazons .05 whatever.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
In the UK charities are regulated and registered. Organisations with terrorist links, or who fund illegal activities don't get registered. Amazon is asking people to select charities from a list of registered charities so that a tiny proportion of a transaction can be donated. How do donations end up with terrorists, unless there's criminal intent.

Therefore, how is Amazon donating to terrorists?

UK charities
Legislation governing charities in the UK

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join