It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African-American vs American "Slaves"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So a goal of a diverse perspective trumps a variety of personal freedoms in order to help bring about something that will never happen, a color blind society?
Help me understand this, I may be a simpleton, but shouldn't public policies be simple if you want people to support them?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Why is this thread not discussing the point of the story, that some blacks according to their heritige are considered more equal?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by 00PS
well thank you to the super duper moderator AMUK for warning me once at 10:29 and again at 10:30pm, wow 2 warns in 2 minutes...That's a great way to build community here at ATS...Let's get another warn for this one, my last one. I am done!!! Thanks MODS

you are welcome.

I should have given you a third one for your third "your ignorant" remark but I let it slide. If you cant get your point across without calling names don't post. If you have a problem U2U me or file a complaint.

I would ask that you do cut this person some slack. They seem to be rather emotional because they truly believe in what they are saying. As I have been in thier position as you well know. I know you must enforce the rules but they are new.

Thanks for what you have already done for this person. I owe you one reverse roundhouse...............

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Because DrHoracid said Affirmative Action is Slavery and I disagree and he won't let go and keeps pushing that minorities are dependent on A.A. or something like that they need handouts, I don't know. It's stupid to talk about this like this, already got 2 warns, I'm lucky the mod didn't give me 3 he said....bye bye

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Because DrHoracid said Affirmative Action is Slavery and I disagree and he won't let go and keeps pushing that minorities are dependent on A.A. or something like that they need handouts, I don't know. It's stupid to talk about this like this, already got 2 warns, I'm lucky the mod didn't give me 3 he said....bye bye

No I am try to say minorities are BETTER than AA. They don't need to be slaves to the government will. Dependency is the problem. If you go through life getting 'special" treatment what happens when it goes away?

Now, what about the issue.....black vs black? Who is more Black? Who "deserves" the programs?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well I think you will find all federally funded programs cannot distinguish funding based on color. That is against the law.

It's based on other factors like I posted before, status of parents education level and income.

Of course reparations need to be made and of course only give them to those who were effected.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Well I think you will find all federally funded programs cannot distinguish funding based on color. That is against the law.

It's based on other factors like I posted before, status of parents education level and income.

Of course reparations need to be made and of course only give them to those who were effected.

Reparations? Please explain what that means. I don't understand. Reparations for what?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Usually when there is a war the loser or worst party which hopefully are the same will need to pay war reparations. I see the oppression of the majority against the minority a crime against humanity and an act of war. Slavery is an act of war and fight against it would be called terrorism wouldn't it?

A.A. is a form of reparation as well as social method of deconstructing majorities prejudices against minorities.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Usually when there is a war the loser or worst party which hopefully are the same will need to pay war reparations. I see the oppression of the majority against the minority a crime against humanity and an act of war. Slavery is an act of war and fight against it would be called terrorism wouldn't it?

A.A. is a form of reparation as well as social method of deconstructing majorities prejudices against minorities.

Ok I think I now get your point of view. Only decendants of slaves are due AA. Is that your point?.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ok I think I now get your point of view. Only decendants of slaves are due AA. Is that your point?.

Not just a form of reparations to those of past oppression sanctioned and later ignored by the government. But also a way to socially deconstruct majority prejudices against minorities. Even poor whites would fall into that category. It's not about color when I think about Affirmative Action. The point is that most minorities are of color. We live in a color system where lighter is better. It's a system all over the world. Chinese girls and women walk around with umbrellas in the hot sun so they don't get dark. My point is that A.A. is a tool that helps many people, it's not something the minorities are dependent on. I am not dependent on it. So it's not slavery. Sorry to take your thread off track.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
The actual phrase "affirmative action" was first used in President Lyndon Johnson's 1965 Executive Order 11246 which requires federal contractors to "take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, or national origin."

In 1967, Johnson expanded the Executive Order to include affirmative action requirements to benefit women.

So then you know affirmative action has nothing to do with slavery reparations, and indeed benefits women (mostly white) more than anyone.

Your point was? Something about immigrants that are black (not to mention other races and WOMEN) benefiting from AA without being ancestors of slaves?

So? That has nothing to do with it.

And it's not just the blacks, hispanics, asians, native americans and WOMEN benefitting either.

America benefits from the diversity of all those Condi Rice producing "fellowship programs" that opened the doors and keeps them open for your wife, mother, daughter and granddaughters no matter what race they are.

You nuanced a point on slavery to turn a phrase against AA. That's it.

Disinformation. Propaganda. DrHoracid. More of the same.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
[You nuanced a point on slavery to turn a phrase against AA. That's it.

Did you not read the "original" text of the article? The point of the article was that some African-Americans are insisting that minorities not decended of slaves should not be getting AA slots. No Propoganda nor Disinfo on my part. If your gonna flame me please get it right.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Not just a form of reparations to those of past oppression sanctioned and later ignored by the government. But also a way to socially deconstruct majority prejudices against minorities. Even poor whites would fall into that category. It's not about color when I think about Affirmative Action. The point is that most minorities are of color. We live in a color system where lighter is better. It's a system all over the world. Chinese girls and women walk around with umbrellas in the hot sun so they don't get dark. My point is that A.A. is a tool that helps many people, it's not something the minorities are dependent on. I am not dependent on it. So it's not slavery. Sorry to take your thread off track.

No actually I appreciate your point of view here. I want to understand your perspective. I may not agree but I now understand.

I am more concerned with the "scams" where a "HUB" business gets say 40% of a federal or state contract simply because it is a HUB, not because of qualifications or a good "bid". When AA goes away and it will, many such companies will go under because they have become dependent on the 'alotments" required of AA. They are not required to be "efficient" and compeditive.

To me that is becoming a "slave" to the Government. Their survival is based on someone else........

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Heck no I didn't read the article. I skim all your copy/pastes for the conclusion to see if you're advocating murder again.

What was your executive summary this time?

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Affirmative Action is just a new form of "Slavery".

Ahhhh.... now it's all so clear.

So you didn't turn a phrase about slavery to make a point against AA like I said. No what, that's exactly what you did.

Like I read your articles.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Wait a minute. You get a warn here at ATS for calling someone ignorant? The "motto" of this place is "Deny Ignorance", so are we now working under the assumption that nobody is ignorant as long as you post here? And that those who are truly ignorant, don't post here? Is it fathomable that there are members of this forum who truly are ignorant? And it is an offence under the T&C at ATS to tell them so? How is calling someone ignorant an insult?

ignorant
adjective
1 not having enough knowledge, understanding or information about something:
Many teenagers are surprisingly ignorant about current politics.
We remained blissfully ignorant of the troubles that lay ahead.

ig·no·rant
adj.

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

Could it be that people are ignorant of the proper use of the word "ignorant"? If in your country it is considered an insult to call someone ignorant, you can't then come on an international forum and punish people for a perception based on your own localised language use. That would be HIGHLY ignorant.

Is it the word itself? Would you still get a warn for telling somebody that they were "unaware or uninformed"? You realise that all of this makes a mockery of the motto here at ATS. Don't you?

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Affirmitive action is wrong on so many levels.
It is wrong becuase it is racism, reverse racism is still racism.
It is wrong because it sends the message minorites aren't good enough to succeed on thier own whch s demeaning, prejudiced, and idiotic.
It is wrong because it determines who get what by thier skn color rather than by whter or not they earned it.
It is wrong becuase it is no longer necessary.
Minorities are just as smart, ambitious, and competent as anyone else. To say otherwise is racism. Tos say minorities can not do it on thier own is racism. To say that they can not compete is racism. If you support AA you are a racist.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Cargo: It is not against the TOS to call someone Ignorant. But I am afraid in this day and age it isn't politically correct even here at ATS. Which is effin stupid. Mwm1331 qualifies for the WAI Award... That's the Way Above Ignorant Award. Check out this quote from some 'Proud American, Child of God'. Who I can tell is 100% White by his Racist attitude. 00ps will I get a warn too for calling someone's attitude racist?

Originally posted by mwm1331
If you support AA you are a racist.

I support Affirmative Action, and this means I am racist against whites. This is a statement from an ignorant person.

Why is it in our country, a country full of B and C students, that even a C level student can't be the manager of Macdonalds if he is black, but if he is white he can be the president of the USA?

Minorities don't have A.A. to help them get something they don't deserve. No minority wants a hand-out like that. But let's say the minority and majority tie, frickin' give it to the minority, the majority had a 400 year head start and it's a frickin tie!

For those of you who don't understand A.A. and think its a policy about color you should go research something before you even open your mouth here. And that is amessage straight to you mwm1331. Otherwise you are spreading falsehoods and lies as well as bigot remarks. It makes me sick to read your arrogant ignorant words.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Heck no I didn't read the article. I skim all your copy/pastes for the conclusion to see if you're advocating murder again.

Like I read your articles.

There is a very big difference between "kill" and murder. Perhaps if you are going to "judge" me you should read the data to try to understand the point of my comments. In this case "economic" slavery to the "good will" of big government is the point. Second is the issue that certain minorities are now "fighting" over the distribution of that "good will". Clearly there is a growing predudice that "African-Americans" aren't "African-Americans" unless they are "Black" and decendant of American Slaves. That in itself is racist. All becuase some "enlightened" person in the Gov placed a "check box" on a form. Trying to "track" and identify "minorities" is also racist.

Perhaps you should do more reading and research before condeming......

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Actually oops in my opinion as a supporter of A you are racist agains all minorities, as you obvoiously believe they are not capable of success without government support.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Actually oops in my opinion as a supporter of A you are racist agains all minorities, as you obvoiously believe they are not capable of success without government support.

Way to go Big Guy, to you read the whole forum before replying? Why should I have to repeat all the things I wrote yesterday because you have a problem reading them yourself before posting.

I know you are just kicking yourself in the pants having a great jolly over there in your armchair thinking how great it is to rile people up.

If I could direct your attention over their to the left there is an Ignore button. I suggest you click it on mine as I am doing the same on yours right now. Thanks for the participation in the forms Big Guy!! Your contribution was definately WAI!!

And I am not racist against all minorities. It is in fact that the racist policies of the institution controlled by the majority work against the minority. If you don't know about institutional racism, go read a frickin book.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join